Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the first trade announcement in a long time where I've been genuinely shocked. Thought he 100% to the Crows and had been for years

We've had a crack at him before, but by all reports he was pretty settled in GC, and wasn't keen on moving back to SA at all. He was a Crows supporter growing up, but it's THIS year he's being shoved out by GC, so it's more about where he sees himself fitting in positionally, and with Port that's always going to be in the forward line. Crows are jam-packed up forward, very likely we tried to sell him a Wing position or something...

I would think port upped the offer after their fwd line display this finals / the concussion for marshall.

They need him much more than us with TT and fog
And so begins the annual Crows fans over valuation of how much Port pays all their recruits.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Perryman rejected the 7 years at $850K so Port Power up their offer to 6 years for Lukosius ;)

Did you get this from an ITK poster or a "notable 5AA caller".

FWIW - I doubt there would be many around that would take Perryman over Lukosius if it came down the match race between the two, and especially in our situation and needs. That being said, I'd love Perryman to come out this afternoon and nominate Port just for the lols.

Besides an ITK poster on the Crows board suggested that "Lukoscius is young and will replace WalkerDixon who is physically cooked and $900K is really $750K after the significant CBA increase anyway."

(apologies to other Crows fans in here, but watching ABAB constantly morphing his narrative has provided some enjment in recent days)

Last edited:
This is a good pick up for Port Power. Lukosius has his flaws but they are being over exaggerated in here at times. At the very least he will be a good, solid AFL key forward for the next 6 years. That on its own is hard to find, and I think that he can be much better than that. If Port Power can trade anything less than pick 15 for him, they have done really well.

And so begins the annual Crows fans over valuation of how much Port pays all their recruits.

Everyone knows he's on big money... he's not gonna leave 2x1m per year at GC for peanuts. Could have just stayed there collected 2m then move back in 2 years.

Would you be happy if they upped the offer to get him? Port had 0 fwd structure on Friday night. A key forward is a must for them.

Did you get this from an ITK poster or a "notable 5AA caller".

FWIW - I doubt there would be many around that would take Perryman over Lukosius if it came down the match race between the two, and especially in our situation and needs. That being said, I'd love Perryman to come out this afternoon and nominate Port just for the lols.

Besides an ITK poster on the Crows board suggested that "Lukoscius is young and will replace WalkerDixon who is physically cooked and $900K is really $750K after the significant CBA increase anyway."

(apologies to other Crows fans in here, but watching ABAB constantly morphing his narrative has provided some enjment in recent days)
What's your point? I didn't mind getting Lukosius even on $900K provided we get pick 12 back whereas the other didn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone knows he's on big money... he's not gonna leave 2x1m per year at GC for peanuts. Could have just stayed there collected 2m then move back in 2 years.

Would you be happy if they upped the offer to get him? Port had 0 fwd structure on Friday night. A key forward is a must for them.
No doubt if he selected Adelaide you'd be on here talking about how it is smoothed out over 6 years and isn't really that much money with the CBA increases.

What's your point? I didn't mind getting Lukosius even on $900K provided we get pick 12 back whereas the other didn't.

The gift that keeps on giving.

Probably the sensible result considering Adelaide and Ports list, though it does always suck to see Port bring in a talented player.
1727141068930.png 1727141091631.png

You've done ok in recent times too...

No one is going to handover a F1 and relieving them of $2M from their salary cap without something coming back but I hope Port Power does.

You are no doubt aware clubs can apply some sandpaper to the contracts and smooth them out over time ... like for instance "6 years".

No one is going to handover a F1 and relieving them of $2M from their salary cap without something coming back but I hope Port Power does.
Yes, but there's a huge difference between Port's future 1st and the Crows. Based on current positions, it's pick 16 vs. pick 4.

It'd be a steal to get him for a couple of 2nds, but our future 1st isn’t that bad, especially if we get two 1sts for Houston.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back