Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

HIlarious, it was literally Port's List Manager, Jason Cripps that made the comment in a press conference during the 2019 trade period about tracking Lukosius.

And Port's captain is literally chatting with hi every week.

And $2 million over the next two years isn't going to be a problem for either club. Because they won't be paying that. His contract will get smoothed out exactly like Jack Bowes did when he went to Geelong. The only reason that didn't happen with Bowes at Gold Coast was they'd already pushed out his payday on multiple occasions.

So he wasn't going to force them to hold his pay packet.
Rozee was always your target and Lukosius was ours so if we end up with both Rankine and Lukosius then who has been tracking them. Unless Lukosius decide to take a pay cut in the money owned to him in the next 2 years as GCS underpaid him in his first 2 years, I would expect he will get paid the $2M in the next 2 years and than offer another 2-3 years at $750K.

Rozee was always your target and Lukosius was ours so if we end up with both Rankine and Lukosius then who has been tracking them. Unless Lukosius decide to take a pay cut in the money owned to him in the next 2 years as GCS underpaid him in his first 2 years, I would expect he will get paid the $2M in the next 2 years and than offer another 2-3 years at $750K.
I think he meant this when Cripps said he’d be after Luko and Rankine if suns took them.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...r-top-sa-draft-prospects-20181015-p509p5.html

Im not 100% sold on the idea we want him as a forward. I reckon we want him as that tall winger.
I actually think he’s a pretty perfect fit, at least in terms of role. Fogarty and Thilthorpe then Lukosious as the hybrid third tall. Important to have particularly for when Thilthorpe relieves in the ruck.
His ability to fill other roles and play in other areas means he theoretically never becomes a liability if he’s not getting near it up forward. I like it for Adelaide, apart from the money 🤮

GC fans acting like they have all the leverage when their salary cap is bursting at the seams is quite amusing for all I imagine.
They set the precedent with Bowes.
If you push someone out because you don't want their salary on the books it's a salary dump. No amount of crying to say otherwise by them or the vfl compliant media will convince anyone otherwise.

GC fans acting like they have all the leverage when their salary cap is bursting at the seams is quite amusing for all I imagine.
Port fans acting like they have any idea on the state of our salary cap when it is not made public knowledge is pretty funny to me.

How much salary cap do we have remaining? Seeing you know

We are the only club who has done a salary dump. You look at this and think we're in trouble, but you don't consider the millions that we saved from that? And cost us dearly to do it - bowes and pick 7, yet it was for a reason, and had it's rewards for our bigger picture. We traded out Hollands to relieve cap pressure, not have that sort of money running around in the vfl.

They're also not considering 2 of our highest paid players in Swallow and Witts come out of contract next year. We now have 2 clubs vying over Luko, taking another 1.8 million off our books.

They are hung up about the largest afl contract in history but have their blinkers on to the already inflated tpp increase and have not considered he will play through likely another 2 more increases throughout his contract.

Outsiders are complaining about the academy and our direct access to top end talent but they haven't realised the best part about it yet, these academy players will play for less to stay at home mwhahahahahahaha.

Port fans acting like they have any idea on the state of our salary cap when it is not made public knowledge is pretty funny to me.

How much salary cap do we have remaining? Seeing you know

We are the only club who has done a salary dump. You look at this and think we're in trouble, but you don't consider the millions that we saved from that? And cost us dearly to do it - bowes and pick 7, yet it was for a reason, and had it's rewards for our bigger picture. We traded out Hollands to relieve cap pressure, not have that sort of money running around in the vfl.

They're also not considering 2 of our highest paid players in Swallow and Witts come out of contract next year. We now have 2 clubs vying over Luko, taking another 1.8 million off our books.

They are hung up about the largest afl contract in history but have their blinkers on to the already inflated tpp increase and have not considered he will play through likely another 2 more increases throughout his contract.

Outsiders are complaining about the academy and our direct access to top end talent but they haven't realised the best part about it yet, these academy players will play for less to stay at home mwhahahahahahaha.
And you still wont win anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And you still wont win anything.
What does it have to do with this thread? This is about Luko. There is Suns dedicated thread.

You present your Suns cap narrative without any proof. That's OK. If you would do your homework, you would find out that Suns got rid of a lot of money in recent years. More this and next year. TPP goes up 2M this year.

IMO, it's not salary dump like Bowes. More to do with recent drafts. Suns got too many talls and Luko does not fit long-term into Dimma's system.

Of course, I could also say when you talk about winning, focus on your team. Last time I checked Crows finished below Suns.

It's bloody hard to win in this even competition.

Last edited:
The proof has already been in the pudding. Youve overpaid to keep players, forcing others out and continually turning over the list.

Like most franchises in that part of the world, you wont win anything.
So where's all your success? Football state, huge membership base/crowds, best stadium in the country... Do you even remember Clay Sampson?

So where's all your success? Football state, huge membership base/crowds, best stadium in the country... Do you even remember Clay Sampson?
When was your last final.... oh wait.

Case in point, youve got Rory Atkins running around on a massive contract playing VFL.

Quality list management.

I don't think this is very helpful.

I've made my point it is clearly a salary dump trade, and the return for GC should be considered for that in line with Bowes trade.
Based on what?

This is forward talls - Luko, King, Read, Walter, Andrew. You believe Suns can fit all in? Luko over Andrew, Read, Walter long-term?

We're trading luko because we trust ben long to sit under a high ball more than him, 195cm jellyfish

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back