Jack Reacher - TV Series

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished watching it. Was a great adaption of the book. Really captured how Reacher is. I acutally didn't mind Tom Cruise as Reacher as he still had that same overwhelming arrogance/confidence, but agree that Ritchson portrays him a lot better. The whole show was cast pretty well.

I thought Neagley was great but I don't actually remember her being in Killing Floor? Been a while since I read the book though. Also, thought Kliner Snr was the one Reacher killed in the warehouse at the end. Not that it makes any difference, just trying to remember.

I wonder how many series they plan on doing, surely not all (currently) 26 books? I reckon skip Die Trying and go to Tripwire for Season 2.

Neagley didn’t appear to like book 5 or 6 but I can understand the reason to bring her in early if they are going to change entire cast other than reacher per season he needs someone else to be in every season with him and neagley is the perfect choice.

I agree skip book 2 it’s my least favourite reacher book.

Thought it was pretty decent. Not Grammy winning for sure, but the main three characters did well even if the villains were cartoonish at times. I also thought the plot was neat and not as predictable as I thought.

Will watch Season 2 for sure.

Thought it was pretty decent. Not Grammy winning for sure, but the main three characters did well even if the villains were cartoonish at times. I also thought the plot was neat and not as predictable as I thought.

Will watch Season 2 for sure.
It'd be hard for a TV show to win a music award :p

It got a bit silly at times. Like the big shoot out outside the motel then no police presence. Reacher's detective skills got a a little telepathic on occasion.

But overall I enjoyed it. The three main characters had good chemistry and each had an interesting back story that was explored. There was hints in the plot as it went along without giving the whole thing away, and without it becoming a McGuffin chase around.

Got around to watching it finally. Quite enjoyed it although it did feel a bit corny with some of the characters and fight scenes at times.

I am all for watching some more seasons of Alan Ritchson as Jack Reacher.

Funnily enough Ritchson is listed as being ~6'2" which is still smaller than the 6'5" Reacher is meant to be. They cast well to make sure he was clearly 'big' though, much better than the Tom Cruise adaptation where it really missed half the point of the character.

Have been slowly watching an episode a day, enjoying it, much more in-line with the character we know from the books. Think sometimes they don't quite know how to nail the way the character acts, thus why someone he seems a bit wooden as how do you convey 'logical' in picture form?

Using Tom Cruise almost certainly guarantees box office success. If given the opportunity you take him, all day, every day.

Its all the movie studios care about at the end of the day, $60m budget and they raked in $218m for the first movie.

I agree if you want to be true to the character, Ritchson is the better choice.

Using Tom Cruise almost certainly guarantees box office success. If given the opportunity you take him, all day, every day.

Its all the movie studios care about at the end of the day, $60m budget and they raked in $218m for the first movie.

Cruise bought the rights to the books, with the specific intention of casting himself in the role - despite being an undersized pygmy, who is the antithesis of everything Jack Reacher is supposed to be. He wasn't cast in the role to guarantee box office success, he cast himself in the role despite being completely and utterly unsuited to it.

Ritchson is perfect for the role - and full credit to the producers for finding & casting him.

Cruise made box office sense to bring in some dollars, but was the polar opposite of the actual character. Ritchson much closer to the actual Reacher, though still way more ripped than the books.

Enjoyed it, despite it getting unbelievably action-y towards the back end of the series. Malcolm Goodwin was fantastic as Finlay and it's a shame we probably won't see him in future seasons.
Reacher (young & old) - both brothers - and Neagley are pretty much the only recurring characters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jodie gets a run in both Tripwire and the Visitor, but since most of the novels are self-contained the show could take from anywhere in any order really.
There are a small number of other characters who occur in multiple books, but Neagley & the Reacher family are the only ones who appear regularly.

Bad Luck and Trouble for Season 2.

It's a pretty good book so a good choice to adapt for the show. I probably would have saved it for a later season though. Still think they should have gone with Tripwire.

It's a pretty good book so a good choice to adapt for the show. I probably would have saved it for a later season though. Still think they should have gone with Tripwire.
Damn, I need to catch up on my reading.

I agree tripwire should of been next story told.

Reacher Season 2 Australia release date​

Amazon finally confirmed that the Reacher Season 2 release date is happening with a triple episode premiere on 15 December 2023, with new episodes airing weekly after that. The second season will also have eight episodes, just like the previous season.

Reacher Season 2Release datesStreaming Service
Episode 1Fri, 15 Dec 2023Amazon Prime Video
Episode 2Fri, 15 Dec 2023Amazon Prime Video
Episode 3Fri, 15 Dec 2023Amazon Prime Video
Episode 4Fri, 22 Dec 2023Amazon Prime Video
Episode 5Fri, 29 Dec 2023Amazon Prime Video
Episode 6Fri, 5 Jan 2024Amazon Prime Video
Episode 7Fri, 12 Jan 2024Amazon Prime Video
Episode 8Fri, 19 Jan 2024Amazon Prime Video

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Reacher - TV Series

Remove this Banner Ad