Traded Jack Steven [traded to Geelong for #58]

Remove this Banner Ad

So ok ... I'll ask you a question... If Jack played for Geelong, and his 30, plus he hasn't played any games this year due to mental issues, would you want St Kilda pay what your asking for Geelong should pay...
That's completely irrelevant because it's not what you guys want to pay for him, its about what we want to receive.

Looks like it's being driven by the player there mate. Cats chased him last year when they were about to lose Kelly for nothing. Is it the same story this year? I don't think so

I/ If Kelly had of moved last year it would not have been for nothing
2/ Kelly looks like he is actually going this time
3/ If the GFC do not want him he will not end up there. So what are you worried about?

I/ If Kelly had of moved last year it would not have been for nothing
2/ Kelly looks like he is actually going this time
3/ If the GFC do not want him he will not end up there. So what are you worried about?
Not particularly worried mate, just pointing out that the cats aren't going to trade away some of their best talent in a massively one-sided trade because of some concept of a flag window that we're not supposed to even be in

Cats fans what do you think would be a realistic trade?

The big risk for you guys I see is the fact he's 30 and no guarantee's his mental health issues are going to go away.

On the flip side he's usually a very durable player with explosive speed away from the stoppage

The big risk for you guys I see is the fact he's 30 and no guarantee's his mental health issues are going to go away.

On the flip side he's usually a very durable player with explosive speed away from the stoppage
If you go back through the thread most neutrals are saying second rounder. Not nothing but reflects the risk

on exposed form jack is getting paid over 200k a game
seriously st kilda can keep him

no-one is going to take on his issues and provide a pick in the teens or 20s for the honour
wake up people, the bloke may not play again, and is struggling to get on the ground

the only deal to be done here would be pick in the 50s
st kilda pay 200 to 300k and he agrees to a 2 year deal circa 350k with incentives

anything else, and he can soak up $$$$ at saintkilda

I'll take soaking up $ at St Kilda for $800k Alex.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flip side for Geelong is he also strong forward, when he's not finishing top 10 in the brownlow he's a dangerous forward pocket.

If you go back through the thread most neutrals are saying second rounder. Not nothing but reflects the risk

I think you would get him for that too, maybe with an exchange of later picks.

At his best he's worth much more to us than that but I think if he says he wants to leave we will do what it takes to give him his wish.

The saints may actually want to move him on. They may want to get his contract off the books and have a crack at the likes of Hill and Z Jones. They’ll also consider doing the right thing by Steven. He’s obviously had some big struggles off the field. It’s clearly impacting his conditioning. Geelong’s second gets it done.

Worth a pick in the 30s.

What did Stk trade for Hannebery?

Worth a pick in the 30s.

What did Stk trade for Hannebery?
Hannebery and pick 28 for pick 39 and Saints 2019 2nd rounder.

The big difference is Sydney wanted/needed Hannebery's salary off their books and StKilda were willing to take on all of it which got us a discount on him in the trade. Geelong can't afford Steven's full contract so will need StKilda to pay part of it next year which means they will need to offer more on the trade table.

Hannebery and pick 28 for pick 39 and Saints 2019 2nd rounder.

The big difference is Sydney wanted/needed Hannebery's salary off their books and StKilda were willing to take on all of it which got us a discount on him in the trade. Geelong can't afford Steven's full contract so will need StKilda to pay part of it next year which means they will need to offer more on the trade table.
If Gary Jnr or Taylor retire money is their for Stevens....

The key word here being WAS, Steven was a very good player. He hasn't been there for maybe 18 months, right now, he isn't worth a great deal.

Feel free to keep him @ Saints, please.
Fair enough to be hesitant but that is a line that seems to be going around and it just isn't true. He won a b&f last year and got 18 brownlow votes, 12 of which came in the second half of the season.

Will likely depend very heavily on how much of the contract the Saints eat? What's on supposed to be on next year, 800k?

Saints pay over half of it I can see it being 20ish. Saints pay none of it and its 3rd rounder territory.

Doubt there is anyway Geelong involve their first without getting some decent back

That's completely irrelevant because it's not what you guys want to pay for him, its about what we want to receive.

Not really because we just wont deal if its a price we dont want. We offered a R1 last year and you rejected it, factoring in circumstances he doesnt still hold the same value 12 months later.

Hes worth a pick in the 30s or equivalent thereof and thats best case scenario.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jack Steven [traded to Geelong for #58]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back