Scandal Jack Ziebell coward punched

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems to happen to a lot of AFL players
I know someone who got killed asking a bloke if he was alright because he looked distressed on the street.

A concreter got caught on CCTV decking a guy as he walked by him unprovoked a couple of years ago.

You should probably shut up

I
I know someone who got killed asking a bloke if he was alright because he looked distressed on the street.

A concreter got caught on CCTV decking a guy as he walked by him unprovoked a couple of years ago.

You should probably shut up
I liked all the posts that said it does happen, I was speaking from my own experience

I
I liked all the posts that said it does happen, I was speaking from my own experience
Nah you have been suggesting it was provoked.

Given he's in hospital and people get assaulted unprovoked all the time, again you should stop talking

I know someone who has been king hit unprovoked.

It does happen.

Here’s a reminder for all as to why NSW introduced legislation for the cowards punch law in 2014

McNeil delivered a single, unprovoked and ferocious blow to the 18-year-old’s face at Sydney’s Kings Cross on New Year’s Eve in 2013. Christie died 11 days later.

Says it was unprovoked but was there was an altercation inside the bar earlier.

Seems like there is more to the story than Ziebell was randomly selected by 3 dudes on the street.
Yeah I read it as they were kicked out due to a fight inside- but that fight could’ve been with anyone in the bar. They loitering outside all hot headed and want action. Sure it won’t take long to find them

This is objectively wrong - the laws have only become tougher under Andrews for these sorts of assaults.

Yes you could argue that is due to increased publicity and pressure - but we haven’t gone backwards in sentencing.

Fact check yourself

Dan Andrews LOL. These guys were probably out on bail. Fact check the incidents caused by these bail
Laws.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

People have been getting belted for no or for bugger all reason since time immemorial. Was certainly a helluva lot worse in Melbourne in the mid/late 90s as well.

Definitely has to be drugs involved. Having done security in the past at various events, it's not so much the drunks you are weary of, it's the group of blokes who get on the ice (or other) and become incredibly unpredictable.
Even worse if they can hold their own to begin with.

I think as a society there is much better awareness of cowardly hits but it's still prevalent in the community.

I will say this though, thugs that do get a high from these types of incidents will always meet their match and when that happens, it is usually a humbling experience.
Just not worth it at all.

Hope Ziebell makes a full recovery. Champion player who gave a lot back to his local community over the course of his career.

I used to drink a bit on Sydney road, you would see carsfull of young dudes just patrolling the streets( that's not to say every carfull of dudes goes and bashes people). They would just go up down Sydney road starring at people on the ststreets.
This. Was the same 15-20 years ago when i went out. They tend to target isolated groups of 2-4 young men, who they think they can beat. Very cowardly, and yes, unprovoked. The issues lie with themselves, not tho those they target, so the people in this thread who claim it would make no sense to target people unprovoked or that it never happened yo them, I suspect just didn't get out much with their friends at that point in their lives.

There were lots of verbal altecations, but only two instances there was a physical face off. I. Both vases we didn't come to blows because we knew enough to just back off and feed whatever ego they were after, but all it would have taken was one person in our group to arc up for whatever reason and ilthere would have been blows.

And even then, one of those occasions we had a bottle thrown at us down hill after both parties had baced off and we were walking away. I remember thinking it could have killed one of us after it smashed on the road.

The problem isn't so the punishments, as these counts aren't thinking about consequences. Its cops who always seem to assume it's just two participating parties. Unless it involves a famous footballer or such.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Morris saying that at 1am Ziebell was inside the bar and told there was an altercation outside involving two of his teammates. Turned out he was fed false information. He walks outside and in front of multiple people, he gets punched in the chin and then in the face before hitting the concrete. Absolutely disgusting. CCTV footage is quite clear in terms of the events. Assailants still at large.

he gets punched in the chin and then in the face before hitting the concrete

That takes me back to the David Hookes incident out front of the old Beaconsfield Pde hotel. Poor bugger was assaulted by a bouncer, fall back hitting his head on the kerb and passed away days later

That takes me back to the David Hookes incident out front of the old Beaconsfield Pde hotel. Poor bugger was assaulted by a bouncer, fall back hitting his head on the kerb and passed away days later
yeah that was the first big public one I can remember

Tom Morris saying that at 1am Ziebell was inside the bar and told there was an altercation outside involving two of his teammates. Turned out he was fed false information. He walks outside and in front of multiple people, he gets punched in the chin and then in the face before hitting the concrete. Absolutely disgusting. CCTV footage is quite clear in terms of the events. Assailants still at large.
Fed false info by who? Someone associated with the assailants?

Pretty accurate as far as I understand it. Dogs.

According to the bouncer, Hookes threw the first punch. A few witnesses reported pushing and shoving going in any case, and a quick little google search says serious assault charges were thrown out against the bouncer.

I won't ever condone violence but it really doesn't sound like an unprovoked assault to me.

I won't ever condone violence but it really doesn't sound like an unprovoked assault to me.

I also heard varying commentary, there's no doubt Hookes was not intoxicated and contributed. According to the bouncer's statements which led to his acquittal for manslaughter Hookes was not doing himself any favors.

But I digress and in context wasnt the best example, it just came to mind as a notable event. The article linked to the NSW Christie case was damning

I also heard varying commentary, there's no doubt Hookes was not intoxicated and contributed. According to the bouncer's statements which led to his acquittal for manslaughter Hookes was not doing himself any favors.

But I digress and in context wasnt the best example, it just came to mind as a notable event. The article linked to the NSW Christie case was damning
Fair enough- You're right, it's definitely a notable case of a single punch causing a tragic outcome.
Terrifying stuff.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Scandal Jack Ziebell coward punched

Remove this Banner Ad

Back