Teams Jacksonville Jaguars - Touchdown Town

Remove this Banner Ad

What a game!!!
Honestly I was so mad in the first half. I could not believe what I was seeing.

Doug is amazing. To keep TLaw in it. Most young QBs probably would have just crumbled.

While I don't think we will match it with the chiefs. I am super proud of the jags. So many people have been shitting on the jags for so long. We are definitely ahead of schedule.

DDDUUUVVVAAALLLLL
Call me crazy but i dont think theyre out of the SB chance. When that D plays really well they can dominate and obviously Lawrence and he has weapons

We have to acknowledge the GM Trent Baalke for the players he has got in.

He copped a pasting last year but hats off to him for this year.
Oof man i ranted about him on a bunch of other forums. Was absolutely livered when we stuck with him.
Also, couldn't believe we took Etienne. He was huge today. Absolute workhorse.

Happy to admit I was wrong. Go jags!

We have to acknowledge the GM Trent Baalke for the players he has got in.

He copped a pasting last year but hats off to him for this year.

Im not sure Baalke got anything right in the draft, might have even whiffed on both first round picks this year....and I think the free agents signings becoming a success can all be linked to hiring Doug who has improved Trev, thus making Kirk and Jones play up to their hefty contracts and look better than they really are.

He gets a pat on the back for Engram though who looked just about washed up last year with the Giants, shame he was only given a one year deal however, going to be worth a lot more than the 10m hes on next season.

Last edited:
Anyway, that was an overly negative post by me after a great victory and overall highly successful season, the Doug and Trev connection is magic, cant wait to see what they have in store moving forward. Not to put too much pressure on them but it feels like a Reid and Mahomes kind of duo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jacksonville’s Foyesade Oluokon finished the season tied 4th All Time for Solo Tackles in a Season.

He finished with a total of 128 Solo Tackles. Tied with Jonathan Vilma for 4th most All Time in a season. Only players ahead of him are Ray Lewis (2) and Patrick Willis. I’ve not seen this guy talked about at all. Nor did he make all-pro/pro-bowl. A big reason the for Jags success in the second half of the season was their defense. This guy is all over the field.

Everyone say it with me... WITH AN EXTRA GAME

Solo tackles records are even better stats for a player than total (solo+assisted) tackles, since some box score crews are more generous with handing out assisted tackles. Good on Oluokon.

In their history, the Jacksonville Jaguars have had more head coaches (9) than punters (8).

Bit of a cheat because this isn't counting punters who played 5 games or less, but by this relatively fair metric, i believe this is the only franchise that can claim this weird stat. Texans and Panthers cannot, the other young franchises.

5-2 deserves to be on Page 1. Team is fun to watch.

Maybe it's cause of the heightened expectations since last season but we're actually dismal to watch on offense. You can totally tell when Doug Pedersen takes over play calling from his OC Press Taylor because Press Taylor can't go 27 seconds without calling some stupid WR bubble screen on first and second downs for 1-3 yards. I've seen QB Sneaks on 3 and 3 fail. I've seen shotgun HB draws on 4th and 1 fail. Complete misuse of Calvin Ridley. Jamal Agnew for some reason has a bigger role in the passing game.

What I'm trying to say is Press Taylor sucks and I hope he gets a pizza burn on the roof of his mouth that never goes away.

Maybe it's cause of the heightened expectations since last season but we're actually dismal to watch on offense. You can totally tell when Doug Pedersen takes over play calling from his OC Press Taylor because Press Taylor can't go 27 seconds without calling some stupid WR bubble screen on first and second downs for 1-3 yards. I've seen QB Sneaks on 3 and 3 fail. I've seen shotgun HB draws on 4th and 1 fail. Complete misuse of Calvin Ridley. Jamal Agnew for some reason has a bigger role in the passing game.

What I'm trying to say is Press Taylor sucks and I hope he gets a pizza burn on the roof of his mouth that never goes away.
You're right about this. Press Taylor hasn't even deserved the OC or play-calling duties as hes been nothing but a quality control type of coach previously. Sure, Mike McDaniel was too, and has shown the ability, creativity, nous. But McDaniel I guess just always had the chutzpah, a calling to be. Not sure Press Taylor has been anything but a coffee fetcher

You're right about this. Press Taylor hasn't even deserved the OC or play-calling duties as hes been nothing but a quality control type of coach previously. Sure, Mike McDaniel was too, and has shown the ability, creativity, nous. But McDaniel I guess just always had the chutzpah, a calling to be. Not sure Press Taylor has been anything but a coffee fetcher
Pedersen is the best coach we’ve had since Coughlin in terms of ability but one of the reasons it went bad for him in Philly was his insistence on having his guys, Taylor being chief among them. I fear if the play calling doesn’t change the same will happen in Jax.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Jacksonville Jaguars - Touchdown Town

Remove this Banner Ad

Back