KingJames23

Team Captain
Jan 14, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Comes as no surprise really.

Jacky to leave Crows
Jarrhan Jacky has today been advised he won’t be offered a contract for 2011 by the Adelaide Football Club.

Jacky, 21, played three AFL games in 2008 - his first year with the Crows - but has not played an AFL game in the past two seasons. He was recruited from WAFL club Subiaco with the No 30 pick at the 2007 national draft.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4417/newsid/102318/default.aspx

Jacky = Gawn

Jacky has been told he won't be offered a contract

Jarrhan Jacky has today been advised he won’t be offered a contract for 2011 by the Adelaide Football Club.

Jacky, 21, played three AFL games in 2008 - his first year with the Crows - but has not played an AFL game in the past two seasons. He was recruited from WAFL club Subiaco with the No 30 pick at the 2007 national draft.

hardly surprising but all the best with your future endeavors :thumbsu:

No surprise at all.

EDIT: I thought he was currently under contract, one that he signed last year.

"Delisted" might be the wrong word. Arent delistings only for players still under contract?
No!

This is absolutely not surprising. The team generally wait until after the trade week to announce their delistings in hope that someone might have some interest in these players.

The fact that we delisted Jacky now is just making those snoozers that included him in any proposed deals look really dumb! :D

I thought the kid had some talent, just not the self belief and possibly work ethic to be successful!

Does anyone else remember Matt Rendell calling out a wrong player number when he picked Jacky and causing some confusion at the draft?! Maybe it was a sign not to draft him full stop! :D

Club won't make it public, but a lot of the issue is with Jacky struggling away from family. He'll be on the next plane back to Perth and may end up on West Coast's list next year.

Club won't make it public, but a lot of the issue is with Jacky struggling away from family. He'll be on the next plane back to Perth and may end up on West Coast's list next year.

I don't think this can be underestimated - particularly for young indigenous boys. I hope he does get picked up and rediscover his love for footy once he is in a loving, nurturing environment.

Makes the 2007 draft even more interesting in retrospect:

Danger
Otten
Jacky
Cook
Armstrong
Kite
Walker*

Looks like we got 3 very high quality footballers.

2 blokes who showed a little then their form rapidly deteriorated.

and

2 blokes who could go either way in terms of making it or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes the 2007 draft even more interesting in retrospect:

Danger
Otten
Jacky
Cook
Armstrong
Kite
Walker*

Looks like we got 3 very high quality footballers.

2 blokes who showed a little then their form rapidly deteriorated.

and

2 blokes who could go either way in terms of making it or not.

Add Petrenko and Martin to that who were taken in 2007 rookie draft. Plus Moss who was developing well and probably would have made it if not for recurring injuries.

Good combined drafts :thumbsu:

Which is probably better than a par score. Any draft where you land 3 guns is a good draft, even if there's a bit of dross thrown in as well.

Certainly is, for us anyways. Theres been much improvement in that respect. Go back a few years and we're lucky if a couple even made it from each draft.

Talented, but a number of issues held him back a lot. First to debut of the 07 kids.

Best of luck to him in WA, hope WC give him a gig. Hope his family issues get dorted.

Certainly is, for us anyways. Theres been much improvement in that respect. Go back a few years and we're lucky if a couple even made it from each draft.
With list turnovers being what they are, there are still only going to be a few positions open each year in any given side. Thus, the number of players who "make it" from each draft will remain the same.

What has improved is the scientific testing and performance measuring of the players, ensuring that it is now rarer for a top player to slip through to the later rounds. It still happens, but most of the guns are now snapped up earlier with fewer gems remaining in the later rounds.

Add Petrenko and Martin to that who were taken in 2007 rookie draft. Plus Moss who was developing well and probably would have made it if not for recurring injuries.

Good combined drafts :thumbsu:

Ed Curnow will be picked up by an AFL club this year too, likely the GC, so I wouldn't write him off as a fail on Rendell's behalf just yet either.

What does this bit of the press release mean?
"Adelaide does not expect to make any more list changes before next month’s trade week, which ends on October 11. "
When would the drafting/upgrading of Schmidt (if it were to happen) take place? He was rookie listed in 2009 with Hendo, who has now been offered a contract for 2011. Does he have to go into the draft, or is the club waiting to finalize the list after trade week, with a possibility of upgrading him before the draft?

Matt Jaensch, Luke Thompson, Matthew Wright and Aiden Riley were rookie listed in 2010, so they all have another year as rookies if not offered a contract on the main list sooner.

The interesting bit for me was:

Adelaide does not expect to make any more list changes before next month’s trade week, which ends on October 11.

5 retired, 1 to GC, 1 delisted.

Henderson a confirmed upgrade.

Does that mean a 2nd year on the rookie list for Jaensch? And what for Schmidt?

EDIT: ^^ Macjoe - stop reading my mind!

Interesting.. Could have sworn that he signed a 2-year deal at the end of 2009, meaning that he was already contracted for 2011.

yeah, I'd noticed you mention that before , but I'd always thought he was out of contract his year, after signing in 2008.
Anyway, its what we all thought would happen.

And wasn't it Dangerfields number that Rendell read out incorrectly at the draft, not Jackys? Sorry to blow your link. (not Vader, someone else who posted earlier - but I cant remember who..)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jacky delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back