Jacobs dropped!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

You post the same stuff on every Danny Jacobs thread.

You must hate him.

Davo23

it's funny i don't hate him at all i just think he is useless to us for reasons i can't be bothered going into all over again. Of course i want him to do well but i just don't think that's ever going to happen.

I'm pretty sure i've seen Jacobs playing on the HFF as well?

The West Coast and Sydney games in particular spring to mind.

He get up to half forward occasionally, but does not play there, nor is he ever there when the team sets up. They have 4 players in Buddy's Box, and Jacobs is never in that group.

How many times have you seen him kicking for goal this year: 2 or 3 times at most?

I have been to every home game and the Geelong game in Tassie. I see Jacobs getting into space in defence, cutting off atacks and linking up with other defenders.

Davo23

He get up to half forward occasionally, but does not play there, nor is he ever there when the team sets up. They have 4 players in Buddy's Box, and Jacobs is never in that group.

How many times have you seen him kicking for goal this year: 2 or 3 times at most?

I have been to every home game and the Geelong game in Tassie. I see Jacobs getting into space in defence, cutting off atacks and linking up with other defenders.

Davo23

No worries, Davo - you've obviously seen more Hawk games than me in the flesh this year!

Watching up from Sydney on the box, it just appears to me that Jacobs has been spending a fair chunk of time in the forward line.

Whether that's just me who seems to notice that, I don't know - but there we go!

No worries, Davo - you've obviously seen more Hawk games than me in the flesh this year!

Watching up from Sydney on the box, it just appears to me that Jacobs has been spending a fair chunk of time in the forward line.

Whether that's just me who seems to notice that, I don't know - but there we go!

Jacobs would have spent less than 20% of his game time up forward this year.

Jacobs was only in Buddy' Box against WC for about 20 minutes.

I have been a Jacobs fan, and was talking him up during his injury saying we will miss him. However, there is simply not a match up for him. And given that Rocca is out, his effectiveness as 3rd man up is diminished.

Who would Jacobs have played on?

Thomas is the only one i could think of, but he kicked 4 on Sydney's 3rd tall last week. He could have played on a resting ruckman, but Fraser isnt going to spend more than 5-10 minutes a quarter up forward.

Good decision AC and co...My only beef is that Ellis is in and not Thorp.

HAWTHORN
B: Brown, Gilham, Guerra
HB: Ladson, Croad, Sewell
C: Birchall, Mitchell, Smith
HF: Lewis, Franklin, McGlynn
F: Bateman, Roughead, Boyle
FOLL: Campbell, Hodge, Crawford
I/C: Young, Osborne, Taylor, Ellis
EM: Muston, Thorpe, Jacobs

Should I read anything into the first named emergency?

Muston for Ellis maybe?

That doesn't work?

There still needs to be two people to come out if Buddy and Thorp play.

So who's the second player, H2F?

Sorry mate, I misunderstood.

Mmm not sure. I am guessing Thorp will be in with Jacobs rested so it will probably mean Ellis is out I suppose. Tough call really.

By the way Jacobs is one of the best third man up defenders in the league, but has spent a bit of time on the HFF as well. Given that Rocca is out, this is why I think we can afford one less true defender and bring in Thorp.

just a balance thing, a short defender for a tall, with rocca out it makes sense. Clarko prolly looked at the defensive matchups and thought theres no need for jacobs and ellis is more versitile

Sorry mate, I misunderstood.

Mmm not sure. I am guessing Thorp will be in with Jacobs rested so it will probably mean Ellis is out I suppose. Tough call really.

By the way Jacobs is one of the best third man up defenders in the league, but has spent a bit of time on the HFF as well. Given that Rocca is out, this is why I think we can afford one less true defender and bring in Thorp.

Nah that's fair enough, mate. I agree with you when you say it's a shame for Ellis to be dropped, but i'm sure he'll bounce back!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah that's fair enough, mate. I agree with you when you say it's a shame for Ellis to be dropped, but i'm sure he'll bounce back!

Thanks for pulling me up, I am still trying to clear my head from seeing the scumbag Bombers get up by a few points again.:eek::eek::eek: I have lost the plot I think :)

Is there a luckier team in history? I hope we play these clowns in the finals and THRASH them.

Our luck would no doubt see GoldFlog umpiring though, so maybe we would want to avoid that one.

Jacobs is a very good 3rd man up (See Brisbane game) when his opponent isnt:

1. a lot quicker than him
2. capable of being a ground player

Thomas exploited Sydney's 3rd man Richards with 4 goals, all on the lead or on the ground, points 1 + 2. I think this would have been his most liklely match up.

His opponent ideally, is a genuine 3rd tall. Either resting ruckman or the 3rd best tall. This way he isnt hurt on the lead, beaten to the ball on the ground and can go 3rd man up and not be worried that his opponent will get the crumbs.

On a positive, if there are any injuries to Croad/Brown/Gilham we have a very good replacement on the bench/reserves. Also if a team sets up with 3 talls or 2 star talls, he can play loose man.

maybe dropped for matchups, such as didak, medhurst and thomas, not sure about this reid kid but croad can take him, other than that pretty small forward line are they not? if rocca was playing jacobs would be in

Jacobs has been playing well since the West Coast game but I think his lack of pace and inconsistent defensive skills in a one on one duel make him vulnerable at the selection table.

As I've said in previous posts, I think we can expect some of our younger players one or two games 'blooding' while others get a rest. And maybe Ellis has the confidence and ability to shut Thomas down. Wait and see.

I reckon DJ is out due to pure match ups. The pies only really have 2 tall fowards or players jacobs could play on (cloke/reid) and we have gilham who gets one automatically and without jacobs we still have smith/birchall/croad/brown to take the other tall. Loving the faith in ellis, good to see him get more than 1 game in a row and not to only get a game after someone pulls out through injury.

It must be match ups. Jacobs has been playing well enough to warrant selection.

Clarkson and the team wouldn't be experimenting for this game - it is a key game that he wants to win.

I think maybe due to lack of matchups the game presented a good opportunity for another weeks rest for his injury prone body.

Very happy to see ellis get two games in a row. Just hope he isn't a late omission for his confidence.

it's funny i don't hate him at all i just think he is useless to us for reasons i can't be bothered going into all over again. Of course i want him to do well but i just don't think that's ever going to happen.

I don't hate him either, we just judge him on his merits, rather than coming with up with clichés like 'he's composed'.

IMO, the coaches are on the same page as me, in that since the young kpp have gained experience and improved, he's no longer an automatic selection the way he plays. That is, while the young players were inexperienced, any, I repeat any, kpp with experience on the list was an automatic selection.

Just a sign of the times, and the coaches putting his true worth out there.

I repeat, as I have so many times this year: put jacobs on the table at the end of the year.

I encourage all passionate dj supporters to come to his defence.
We need to keep that hype up about him, so that his market value is as high as possible at the end of the year.

By the way, as a matter of interest, I believe that df was resigned, so much is he on? I would expect he is one of the higher earners on our list, yet he is not close to one of our 10 best players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jacobs dropped!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back