Free Agency Jade Gresham [Joins Essendon as RFA]

Does he stay or does he go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

How is sheil worth pick 13 . 31 before next season and a ball butcher who is also a ball magnet .

Sounds like essendon want to salary dump sheil but get a player/premo pick as well !

Essendon want to salary dump sheil , get Gresham, Mackay and pick 13 .

Sounds like one of those trade radio nuffies that call in

Jog on champ, you just don’t get it so don’t bother commenting…

How is sheil worth pick 13 . 31 before next season and a ball butcher who is also a ball magnet .

Sounds like essendon want to salary dump sheil but get a player/premo pick as well !

It’s no where near as simple as just saying it’s Shiel for 13

We don't need a salary dump.

Most likely he's chasing a flag he won't get with us. Bear him no ill will over that.

Ralph's take, as has been stated here previously, makes far more sense.

Why would Essendon inflate Gresham's compensation just to help St Kilda get a higher pick and lose Shiel for peanuts?? :drunk::drunk:
Both supporters are right, whoever doesn’t get 13 would seem to be doing the deal for shits and giggles. Personally think Shiel is worth close to nothing so if it was just the two, the pick should stay with the Saints but that’s just me

Both supporters are right, whoever doesn’t get 13 would seem to be doing the deal for shits and giggles. Personally think Shiel is worth close to nothing so if it was just the two, the pick should stay with the Saints but that’s just me
Saints only want to do it for pick 13. We don’t want shiels. We just except band 2 or if it’s band three we probably match

I think we can all safely agree that if this malarkey goes through, the only true winner in this trade would be Jade Gresham.

Jog on champ, you just don’t get it so don’t bother commenting…
My brother in law is a die hard dons supporter. He hates sheil and would be happy for him to be off the list because all he does is slam it on the boot .

I can see this trade would be massive for the bombers I just can't see why saints would do it ?

Saints better off pocketing and end of first and picking up dow as it is being reported .

What would saints fans rather

Sheil or end of first + dow ?

Saints only want to do it for pick 13. We don’t want shiels. We just except band 2 or if it’s band three we probably match
Unless you can actually prove that, I'm pretty sure Saints supporters dont want Shiel but you guys dont get to decide who you trade for. I'd bet my house as a former SOS pick, SOS wants him

Unless you can actually prove that, I'm pretty sure Saints supporters dont want Shiel but you guys dont get to decide who you trade for. I'd bet my house as a former SOS pick, SOS wants him
We want pick 13, we take him if it gets us that. The club has been saying this all year. We arnt changing the plan now

Alot of it depens on what Essendons offer would be otherwise

Would it get the saints pick 19 (Band 2) or 32 (Band 3) (If theyre not paying up for 13)

If its 19 (Band 2) then saints probably need a fair bit to move on 13 if there agreed pay up deal was allowed

If its 32 (Band 3) then saints dont need as much to move to 13

I still think its a 3 way deal

Or 27, F2 and Shiel required for the 13
Because
Pick 19 alone isnt far off that worth and would be enticing for the saints

Also think if saints are moving 13 then they should add another 1st to get involved in the suns pick 4/5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We want pick 13, we take him if it gets us that. The club has been saying this all year. We arnt changing the plan now
Sure if it gets you pick 13 but essendon expect you to then hand it over for sheil so why would you even bother ?

Sure if it gets you pick 13 but essendon expect you to then hand it over for sheil so why would you even bother ?
We wouldn’t. Essendon won’t expect that. They get a late pick and we take shiels contract. It’s pretty simple

No its not !!

Why should every other club pay a penalty in the draft order because you lost a player ??

Its a fricken' joke especially given the 'secret herbs & spices' formula they use to determine who gets what.
Yes it is

Because it would destroy the compeition

They dont expose exact salary brackets because it gives to greater indication of player salaries

But generally its well known that salary deal x age is the determining factor

Where would the suns be without return for their players, where would North be just losing Mckay for nothing ect

Id trust a politician while campaigning more than I would any public comments from a club on its list and preferences. Whatever they say is irrelevant. I personally would be gobsmacked if St Kilda use a pick 13 no matter how it’s generated on Shiel, it would be completely stupid but I don’t doubt SOS thinks there is value in getting him and rates him a lot higher than supporters

Id trust a politician while campaigning more than I would any public comments from a club on its list and preferences. Whatever they say is irrelevant. I personally would be gobsmacked if St Kilda use a pick 13 no matter how it’s generated on Shiel, it would be completely stupid but I don’t doubt SOS thinks there is value in getting him and rates him a lot higher than supporters
You are misunderstanding what is being said

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agency Jade Gresham [Joins Essendon as RFA]

Back