Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

If Hawks land pick 3 do you think GC will accept this? I would see pick 10 and a player such as Hartung as fair. But pick 3 should be enough on it's own.

I reckon it's Hartung and 10 for O'Meara, with it actually being a three way, with Hartung and 22-ish going to Brisbane for Hanley.

Honestly one of the best hypertheticals I've seen. Although even though I'm a Hawks supporter I think we underpaid but I would take that

You think losing a 2017 first rounder, 2016 2nd rounder, Brad Hill, Whitecross and Hartung for Jaeger and 41 is hawthorn underpaying?

Not to mention the whole Sam Mitchell now an eagle thing.

You think losing a 2017 first rounder, 2016 2nd rounder, Brad Hill, Whitecross and Hartung for Jaeger and 41 is hawthorn underpaying?

Crazy trade if that is what it ends up being.

I would have told GC to piss off kept Lewis, Mitchell, Hartung & Whitey and traded in some kids with the 2nd round picks we had and kept next years 1st rounder.

This is looking like the worst trade period i have ever seen from a club right now.

Don't forget Lewis, he will be gone soon too.

"I'm having good dialogue with both Melbourne and also the Hawks. I'm only doing what Jordan wants me to do, that's all I'll say." Pickering told SEN.

The players coming in for Hawthorn have more upside and scope for improvement then those who've gone out. Lewis is just about cooked. He's not going to improve our side. Even though Mitchell was playing well he's denying another player outside the best 22 some games. Players like Kieran Lovell, Jonathan O'Rourke and Daniel Howe need games next season to develop. Even if that means finishing in the bottom four on the ladder.

There's also a chance Ben Jarman will nominate Hawthorn as a father son prospect. In order for Hawthorn to at least improve their side, they needed to rejuvenate the midfield part of the ground in order to compete with those other teams. By keeping Mitchell and Lewis we would've badly slided next season, but adding O'Meara and Tom Mitchell allows for improvement for the next 4-5 years. The biggest weakness for Hawthorn is the center square midfield and it showed against the Bulldogs, GWS, St Kilda and Melbourne in 2016.
Sam Mitchell (34) vs Tom Mitchell (23) 11 years younger
Jordan Lewis (30) vs Jaeger O'Meara (22) 8 years younger
Brendan Whitecross (26) vs Daniel Howe (20) 6 years younger
Bradley Hill (23) vs Jonathan O'Rourke (22) 1 year younger
Billy Hartung (21) vs Ryan Burton (19) 2 years younger

OUT INSam Mitchell (34) vs Tom Mitchell (23) 11 years younger
Jordan Lewis (30) -vs Jaeger O'Meara (22) 8 years younger
Brendan Whitecross (26) vs Daniel Howe (20) 6 years younger
Bradley Hill (23) vs Jonathan O'Rourke (22) 1 year younger
Billy Hartung (21) vs Ryan Burton (19) 2 years younger

No doubt this is a positive improvement for the list going forward.

However the cost in terms of picks to achieve this whilst unlikely to be apparent in the short term shouldnt be discounted.

I doubt Brisbane would do that deal.

Hawks wouldnt do it either.

Far more likely to give Hartung and Whitecross to Brissie for your bonus 1st rounder or maybe your 2nd, then either try to upgrade 10 or even just go to the draft with it.

If GCS arent going to trade then we take our chance in the draft with 10 for OMeara.

Would come down to whether Carlton or Richmond would take a risk on him - given he doesnt want to go there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast don't really care about Sam Mitchell. They get nothing out of the deal. If Hawthorn have to shed players to create cap space that is their concern, not Gold Coast's.

Gold Coast only care about what they end up with.

Hawks wouldnt do it either.

Far more likely to give Hartung and Whitecross to Brissie for your bonus 1st rounder or maybe your 2nd, then either try to upgrade 10 or even just go to the draft with it.

If GCS arent going to trade then we take our chance in the draft with 10 for OMeara.

Would come down to whether Carlton or Richmond would take a risk on him - given he doesnt want to go there.

You may think the Hawks would be prepared to risk the draft, but I assure you Jaeger & his management would not.

Gold Coast don't really care about Sam Mitchell. They get nothing out of the deal. If Hawthorn have to shed players to create cap space that is their concern, not Gold Coast's.

Gold Coast only care about what they end up with.
Exactly.

If they are not careful they will end up with nothing.

How would Hawthorn get pick 3?
It's doing the rounds but I think it's just a little bit of leakage from the proposed: 8,10 for 3,21.

Chinese whisperes has turned it into Hawks are giving up 10 and players for pick 3.

Or maybe it's the other way and we are getting pick 3 .

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

It's doing the rounds but I think it's just a little bit of leakage from the proposed: 8,10 for 3,21.

Chinese whisperes has turned it into Hawks are giving up 10 and players for pick 3.

Or maybe it's the other way and we are getting pick 3 .

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Would have to be a pretty good player, you'd think you guys have already given up heaps. I would be hoping pick 10 and someone like Hartung could get it done.

10 and Hartung wouldn't get 3 you wouldn't think?

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back