Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha. The only team that desperately NEED it to be a 3 way trade is the hawks.
As if brisbane and gold coast couldn't easily sort out hanley any other way.

from my understanding and what i've been told this will be a three way trade. that is where your flaw in logic is.

now go have a nap and freshen up.

but i can understand them looking at the bigger picture and just getting this deal done.

This is my favourite piece of delusion.
Like it's brisbane or gold coast that desperately need a 3 way deal.

Hawthorn can't be the ones bringing basically nothing to the table in your fantasy 3 way deal, and be the ones calling the shots.

If it is a 3 way deal, the hawks will need to sit at the kids table while the adults sort things out in the big boy chairs.

As i said it's predicated on hawthorn not being willing to use pick 3 in the jaeger trade (if they had it).

I'm not sure what your point is then. You've listed what we've spent chasing Jaeger, you can't list all the speculated material we spent to get a potential pick 3 AND pick 3 as the cost of that chase. Please explain, as I don't understand your point in that "cost of Jaeger" post. Are you saying we'd not use pick 3 in a trade , but use it in the ND to get him there instead? It is still the same, the cost to us of getting Jaeger in that scenario is still the material we spent getting the ND pick, not the cost of getting the material AND the pick.

Nice of GC to be willing to part with our pick 3 so that Hawthorn can land O'Meara....

I guess that where I am struggling to understand the bigger picture.
ive posted what i was told GC were willing to part with that is all. no need for everyone to have there little pissy fits and be up and arms because someone is having a say.

Hawthorn can't be the ones bringing basically nothing to the table in your fantasy 3 way deal, and be the ones calling the shots.

If it is a 3 way deal, the hawks will need to sit at the kids table while the adults sort things out in the big boy chairs.

Lol. Talking about GCS as if they are adults. Nice one.

Are the Hawks continuing the chase in the way you think?

Another level of headf@@ckery going on in this thread its funny to see coming from Saints fans.
Pick 10 will be enough to get it done if it gets close to cut off time they wouldnt want to set their club back but lettin him go for nothing.

Great seeing hawthorn fabric being ripped apart by showpony Omeara
Show pony, he is the greatest young footballer of his generation and an outstanding young man just ask him

Now that Lewis is going to the dees on a 3year deal.

Hawks are in a corner.
Can't leave the trade period minus there top 2 BF winners and favourite Suns in 2016 and only have Mitchell coming in

Hawks will have to give in to the Suns demands or risk being a laughing stock and hated by there own fans

THey have haven't they. They have had a god awful trade period IMO, because of the Sam Mitchell trade, the Jordan Lewis trade for peanuts, the fact others who've been asked to be traded who've taken pay-cuts are not happy to say the least. Then there's the crazy pick swap with the Saints. But, revising this period hinges upon O'Meara and whether the Hawks can get him right. If they fail that, this trade period will be viewed as an unmitigated disaster, or a triumph if it succeeds, I don't think there is middle ground on this one.

Personally what you hear about O'Meara's knee from Doctors on this site, I don't think it's been a good trade period at all. The pick swaps with the Saints was a terrible trade.

well for starters i dont think they will trade pick 3 to hawthorn. nor have i ever alluded or suggested it.

so no idea what you're rambling about.

from my understanding a three way trade is the way it will go down.

although i've posted many hypothetical trade suggestions about prospective three way trades from my opinion (as a supporter) in which i think is fair for all parties ( but they are just value measuring not genuine ).

and before you reply i have no interest in the way you THINK it will go down, so dont bother.
Whoa what a meltdown.

So GC and Brisbane worked out a trade for pick 3. How's that help Hawthorn?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about when it is written accurately to include the additional cost to the hawks of Hartung and Whitecross?

I think you've jumped on the delusion train (or have started trolling). Please don't label "Hartung + Whitecross + Pick 10 = Pick 3", as "written accurately". It is your speculation on what Brisbane may ask for, that is all. If Brisbane did want to downgrade 3 to 10 for a player. Then Whitecross alone is more likely to get be the price. Hartung is probably unders by himself, as it is fair to say he is fringe , however whitecross is not, and has only had limited game time due to a long recovery arc from his ACLs, and it is massive overs to suggest both players are equivalent to the difference between pick 3 and pick 10.

You were emphatic over a week ago that both Mitchell and O'Meara deals were done for 2016 and 2017 1sts and Hill compo.

It appears that's not the case and you're down 2016 2nd in addition with your latest?

Well he still might not be far off. We also got 68 back, so if we can do a straight swap of 10 for JOM (or a player exchange only involving our 10 and a third party), then we've got JOM and TOM for 2016 round 1, 2017 round 1, hill compo, and the difference between pick 36 and pick 68 (and the minor pick upgrade between us and sydney). The difference between 36 and 68 is not a large margin to be wrong by. Of course the gap might be larger than that, as it is still to be seen if we need to put another player in the mix to satisfy GC. Probably depends on how good a player we can find to trade for pick 10.

I think you've jumped on the delusion train (or have started trolling). Please don't label "Hartung + Whitecross + Pick 10 = Pick 3", as "written accurately". It is your speculation on what Brisbane may ask for, that is all. If Brisbane did want to downgrade 3 to 10 for a player. Then Whitecross alone is more likely to get be the price. Hartung is probably unders by himself, as it is fair to say he is fringe , however whitecross is not, and has only had limited game time due to a long recovery arc from his ACLs, and it is massive overs to suggest both players are equivalent to the difference between pick 3 and pick 10.

Hartung was fringe because of Smith and Hill. If he stays he plays all season.

Any club needing speed and delivery would be smart to look at him.

I think Hawthorn are in prime position to land OMeara.
They have pick 10 with which to be the centrepiece of any deal.
If a deal fails to materialise then OMeara walks to the National Draft with his salary demands and the Hawks take him with pick 10.
The only way the Suns could stop this is redraft Omeara with one of their picks in the top 10.
Cochrane is crazy enough to do this which would be the only fear Hawthorn have.
PSD is less of an option as I think Essendon will take him.
As an Essendon supporter we are duty bound to get the best player possible.

Hartung was fringe because of Smith and Hill. If he stays he plays all season.

Any club needing speed and delivery would be smart to look at him.

Yes, he'd still be fringe at some clubs, but not us, and probably a few others. The other point is that he's still only 21, and has had his senior level development curtailed by lack of opportunity, so further improvement is not out of the question (and perhaps why Fagan is rumoured to be interested, as he'd have first hand knowledge of that). It is possible with Fagan's inside knowledge on Hartung that they may be willing to do 10 + Hartung alone for 3, certainly seems to be more realistic speculation than Hartung + Whitecross + 10.

OMeara will be a hawk next year.
hawthorn should not offer anything more then pick 10.
but they might and ill be disappointed.
Hawthorn should also just get him though the ND.
that way we keep our options open for next year.

easy.

I was banned from this thread and had posts deleted for saying some things about the Jaeger/Hawthorn situation, and a lot of it turned out to be pretty bang on the money.

I'm back now... and I have to say, I'm surprised this thread is still going given that it was meant to be such a fait accompli. Keep holding out Gold Coast and don't get shafted!!!!

OMeara will be a hawk next year.
hawthorn should not offer anything more then pick 10.
but they might and ill be disappointed.
Hawthorn should also just get him though the ND.
that way we keep our options open for next year.

easy.

I dont see why we would be trading from 10 to 3 for OMeara. 10 should be enough.

I would think we trade players for Brisbane's 19.

I was banned from this thread and had posts deleted for saying some things about the Jaeger/Hawthorn situation, and a lot of it turned out to be pretty bang on the money.

I'm back now... and I have to say, I'm surprised this thread is still going given that it was meant to be such a fait accompli. Keep holding out Gold Coast and don't get shafted!!!!
as a melbourne fan you probably should want the deal to go though no fuss so you get a good deal on Lewis.

I dont see why we would be trading from 10 to 3 for OMeara. 10 should be enough.

I would think we trade players for Brisbane's 19.
this is exactly the point. hawks dont care about 3, GC want it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back