Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Do u understand the rules for a catergory B player ?
My guess is no.
Ah, good old condescension. That always wins an argument. :rolleyes:

If you want to convince someone, you need to explain your thinking. Because right now, i think you're just another delusional Hawk fan.

Is he even ready to do a preseason?
He's fine has been playing coy for the last half of the season to ensure he didn't risk his Hawks contract, won't stop the Hawks from claiming they cured him though.

disgruntled. lol

Because he couldn't get to the amazing awesome Hawks, despite being by all reports the ultimate professional, he would sulk. Is that what you're saying?

Yeah nah, he'd be "disgruntled" for all of about 3 seconds before embracing his future with whatever Melbourne club picked him up
ok just going to say this he will be a hawk

disgruntled. lol

Because he couldn't get to the amazing awesome Hawks, despite being by all reports the ultimate professional, he would sulk. Is that what you're saying?

Yeah nah, he'd be "disgruntled" for all of about 3 seconds before embracing his future with whatever Melbourne club picked him up
Kurt Tippet. 2012 PSD

Ah, good old condescension. That always wins an argument. :rolleyes:

If you want to convince someone, you need to explain your thinking. Because right now, i think you're just another delusional Hawk fan.

The hurdles required are just way too much to anyone other that BF hater who who would destroy their club to make a small mark on the Hawks.

Cant see him wanting to go to the draft thus im thinking a deal will be done.

Perhaps-

Haw
In: O'Meara
Out: 10 + Hartung

GC
In: 3 + Hanley
Out: 8 + O'Meara

Bris
In: 8, 10 + Hartung
Out: 3 + Hanley
That seems to be fair all round, so it won't happen ;)

That seems to be fair all round, so it won't happen ;)

We'll just have to see what Cochrane's whim is right now. Ashcroft isn't allowed to make any decisions.

We'll just have to see what Cochrane's whim is right now. Ashcroft isn't allowed to make any decisions.
Most of us men are at the mercy of our Coc-hranes whims

I think we are waiting on you to secure Hanley for us. We then get pick 10 and Hanley for OMaggot and the deal is done

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get it.

So the Hawks fan thinking is:
Unless the contract is made public, we're not going to believe the figure that's been bandied about for weeks now. We've got no other number to believe, we know GC were offering 700k, we're paying Vickery 500k and Titch 500-550k, JOM is better than both, so all the evidence is it's around the 700k mark, but we won't believe 700k anyway.

Okey mete. Good luck with that.
Except GC were Offering JOM 800-900K

Yeah we also offered him 700k but could only do it for 2 years, with the Hawks contract offer for a longer term.
I have read JOM was offered 900k for 2 years and that was upped to 900k for 5 years. This is not on BF but regular media and more than once.

Hence there is a bit of spite towards him still leaving for less money, so Suns are playing hard ball with Hawthorn. The old 'jilted lover' thing. With all the picks you have I can see that you can afford to lose him for nothing. Cochrane would be happy if he didn't get to the destination of his choice.

You may be double counting again. The 2017 first rounder would have been used to get pick 3. Can't count them both

It would be if hawthorn did infact offer pick 3 to GC for jaeger.
However I'm assuming that if the hawks weren't willing to hand pick 14 over for jaeger- pick 3 would be off the table if they had it, and they wouldn't offer it to GC.

Therefore when we are discussing the nuclear option hawthorn can threaten GC with at the trade table on monday morning:
it would be valid to include both your 2017 1st and pick 3 in your final price tag for jaeger miester

It would be if hawthorn did infact offer pick 3 to GC for jaeger.
However I'm assuming that if the hawks weren't willing to hand pick 14 over for jaeger- pick 3 would be off the table if they had it, and they wouldn't offer it to GC.

Therefore when we are discussing the nuclear option hawthorn can threaten GC with at the trade table on monday morning:
it would be valid to include both your 2017 1st and pick 3 in your final price tag for jaeger miester
plz read your sig not live it.

I have read JOM was offered 900k for 2 years and that was upped to 900k for 5 years. This is not on BF but regular media and more than once.

Hence there is a bit of spite towards him still leaving for less money, so Suns are playing hard ball with Hawthorn. The old 'jilted lover' thing. With all the picks you have I can see that you can afford to lose him for nothing. Cochrane would be happy if he didn't get to the destination of his choice.
Cant recall ever seeing those figures bandied about. Find that hard to believe. $900k is ridiculous money for potential. Even Tom Lynch is apparently just $800k for only 2 years and he's a hell of a lot more valuable to us than JOM. From what I can gather Hawks have always offered the longer contract. Who really knows. I think the media are just guessing to an extent, as the Suns have made it normal policy not to discuss contracts other than length of terms once agreed.

And when GC trade pick 8 to Norf or the Aints?

Oh that's right, you guys triple down on the crazy and trade 10 and hartung and whitecross for pick 3.

So then you WILL have paid the grand total of:
Pick 3 2016
2017 1st rounder
2016 2nd rounder
Brad Hill
Billy Hartung
Brendan Whitecross

For one Jaeger Omeara.

No.

You can't include Pick 3 AND all the material we gave up for pick 3.

The real cost if that was the deal for pick 3 (and obviously that is pure speculation) appears to be:
2017 1st Rounder (Potentially Pick 18 or even later if we win the flag in 2017).
Pick 36
Pick 23 (the Hill pick, more accurate to look at this as a pick as that is what we exchanged, and Hill was going to be allowed to go back home irrespective of all this)
Hartung
Whitecross
Minus Pick 68 which we got back from Saints in the pick 10 trade.

Still a hefty price, but doesn't look as bad as tagging on the pick 3 as well as all the material we paid for it.
In any case your Hartung + whiteCross + Pick 10 for pick 3 is probably overs. That is suggesting we'd basically swap hartung AND whitecross for pick 23. We got pick 15 for Jed last year, and he'd played a lot less games than Hartung and Whitecross. Whitecross also looked very very good at the end of the year after finally returning to some of his pre-acl form. Hartung is still young , and probably has some development left in him, with Hill making it hard for him to get game time.

derp. derp. derp
lol are you like all there? serious question because over the last few pages you have been tripping over your own feet.

no idea how you deducted what you just did but ill let you run with it. have fun derp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back