Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Success for Essendon was cheering your side after a loss.

I think i prefer our success. And JOM would be a nice addition.

I hope you DO prefer your success.

It's what is driving this unbelievably stupid list management plan.

Came here for Jom news.. got none of that, plenty of other rubbish.

Could anyone fill me in in a bias free capacity?

Is a deal getting done?!

Hawks have made all sorts of fair offers. Hard to deal with someone when their response to everything is ""NO NO NO THATS JUST NOT FAIR GIMME MORE MORE MORE".

You'd think all clubs would be looking at GCS and deciding to play hardball any time GCS are interested in their players.

And its not just us. THey are doing the same thing with Prestia. Demanding massive overs for him.
And what are these generous offers you refer to?

Last time I checked you couldn't get a player to agree to come. So what have you offered?

It amazes me that a club that whispered into a contracted players ear 12 months ago couldn't get there shit together to be ready for this trade.

O'Meara is worth 10 and a very good player this is not in dispute but you have not delivered it. And now call us difficult, hypocritical comment

Reckon it's just the media running with the Essendon stuff.... deal will get done with Hawthorn because that's how nominating works.

Came here for Jom news.. got none of that, plenty of other rubbish.

Could anyone fill me in in a bias free capacity?

Is a deal getting done?!
Sure

The Suns are unreasonable for not trading OMaggot,

apparently there has been heaps of offers from an oh so generous Hawks ( funny can't seem to find an actual offer though)

they must have a list of players that have agreed to come, otherwise it would just be hyperbole from a club that has ****ed this up royally

Essendon have re entered the fray and now it's turned into a Dons V Hawks shit fight thread, no doubt that is some how Cochrenes fault

Hope this helps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon it's just the media running with the Essendon stuff.... deal will get done with Hawthorn because that's how nominating works.
Yep.
He won't be at Essendon next year.
He nominated the Hawks and that's where he will end up, just a matter who blinks first

LOL. JOM's value has nothing to do with Prestia. Try again.
i disagree, one isn't worth Equiv pick 15 and the other equiv pick 3.
they both have had injury concerns and they are both a risk to get on the park. i mean the best offer i've seen essendon posters come up with is, equiv 36.

explain why precedent isnt relevant?

If they are in talks about handing a pick back with presita to land 6. pick 10 straight swap is enough to land O'Meara.

at least looking at the points system it is.

I don't think Suns are prioritising more picks in this draft. Be interesting to know if Suns would find pick 10 and a second rounder this year more attractive than a 1st rounder and a second rounder next year. Seems to me that Suns are long in 2017 draft and short in 2018 draft.

Also seem to me that Hawks have not used Lewis effectively. I know the deal is not done but I hear the conversation is about a pick in the 60s versus a pick in the 40s? I would have though he has 2+ good years left and had some competitive tension been introduced would have attracted a second rounder from a Melbourne club?

The Saints pick 10 deal was done early and now seems to have tied Hawks hands...they really only have pick 10 in 2017 and 2018 to entice a fish. They are going to be majorly outgunned in that department as we are already seeing with the JOM trade and Essendon's bid to trump it.

I know many are saying there is a grand plan but personally I think Hawks have been overtaken by events. The Mitchell thing was "just a 5% chance", they overcommitted on Lewis and then could not undo it and they panicked with the pick 10 deal.

I admire their bravery and the way they take an honest look at their list but not sure supporters are going to look back on this trade period as a good period for the club.

I don't think Suns are prioritising more picks in this draft. Be interesting to know if Suns would find pick 10 and a second rounder this year more attractive than a 1st rounder and a second rounder next year. Seems to me that Suns are long in 2017 draft and short in 2018 draft.

Also seem to me that Hawks have not used Lewis effectively. I know the deal is not done but I hear the conversation is about a pick in the 60s versus a pick in the 40s? I would have though he has 2+ good years left and had some competitive tension been introduced would have attracted a second rounder from a Melbourne club?

The Saints pick 10 deal was done early and now seems to have tied Hawks hands...they really only have pick 10 in 2017 and 2018 to entice a fish. They are going to be majorly outgunned in that department as we are already seeing with the JOM trade and Essendon's bid to trump it.

I know many are saying there is a grand plan but personally I think Hawks have been overtaken by events. The Mitchell thing was "just a 5% chance", they overcommitted on Lewis and then could not undo it and they panicked with the pick 10 deal.

I admire their bravery and the way they take an honest look at their list but not sure supporters are going to look back on this trade period as a good period for the club.
I agree with alot of what you have said, but yeah they turned down our offer of 2017 1st and two 2nds.

The way I understand it,

Hawks offered 14 and had a list of potential players (in the best 22-28 range) not list cloggers but not great.

GC stated they wanted players in 23-26 range and better players and have names back.

Hawks then went and on-traded pick 14... which GC wanted to use for Hanley. Came back with pick 10 and was like well now it's 10 and not 14 we should get discount here are those 6 players again. GC said no - Hawks asked if 10 and 21 would get it done, GC said yes tried to get 21 off lions. Whitecross said no.

So now after offering 10 and 21 and now only having 10 they are in a super super tough spot!! Either they offer 10 and shiels (who GC wanted originally with 14) or it becomes a stand off with dons not being super helpful in either the ND or in trade period.

These are just suspicious based off some info come out, no secret sources.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back