Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Come on now... Joey for Breust....

I mean, our forward, and I quote; 'Lol. Your best forward can't even kick more goals than Luke Breust'....

So very clearly you wouldn't do this trade.

So the player who has averaged 46 goals a year across his 6 year career, or the the player who has averaged 27 goals a year across his 4 year career? A tough choice, certainly. I'll get back to you when Joey has a single year where he's kicked more goals than Breust in the same year. Next year he should be an actual chance, after 5 years of trying. Joey is catching up fast on Breust's behinds tally though.

So the player who has averaged 46 goals a year across his 6 year career, or the the player who has averaged 27 goals a year across his 4 year career? A tough choice, certainly. I'll get back to you when Joey has a single year where he's kicked more goals than Breust in the same year. Next year he should be an actual chance, after 5 years of trying. Joey is catching up fast on Breust's behinds tally though.

Hahahaha... let's try this shall we?

Hahahaha... let's try this shall we?
I mean it would be a lot easier for Daniher to kick goals if he was at the Hawks, players like Eagles legend Sam Mitchell, Hodge, Lewis. Would have been pretty easy to get the ball sitting in the forward line with that kicking the ball to you.

So you'd prefer Breust to Daniher hey? :D

So you'd prefer Breust to Daniher hey? :D

Seriously? Depends if we get Roughy back next year. We have Cyril and Poppy, so we can probably afford to lose the second best small forward in the competition (from a scoring power point of view) more than most clubs, and we are lacking a genuine tall target if Roughy doesn't make it back, so might consider the trade. Would need to work on his kicking though. Clokesque at times. Suspect on output so far that he's simply massively overrated because of his surname, but time will tell. With the full team back in after the drug cheating layoffs, and a decent number of goals this year, he could well have a breakout yearin 2017, and become that elite KPF essendon need him to be.

Yes, from my post you quoted, "We've used picks this year, and a first rounder from next year".

Yes, players like Fyfe.

You're trading all of these picks and clearing space for a player who'll probably end up staying at Freo anyway.

And O'Meara could end up at Essendon.

This is fantastic.

Seriously? Depends if we get Roughy back next year. We have Cyril and Poppy, so we can probably afford to lose the second best small forward in the competition (from a scoring power point of view) more than most clubs, and we are lacking a genuine tall target if Roughy doesn't make it back, so might consider the trade. Would need to work on his kicking though. Clokesque at times. Suspect on output so far that he's simply massively overrated because of his surname, but time will tell. With the full team back in after the drug cheating layoffs, and a decent number of goals this year, he could well have a breakout yearin 2017, and become that elite KPF essendon need him to be.

Hahahahaha...

There isn't a single player on your weak list you wouldn't trade for him.

TBH, I'm struggling to think of a single player on your list, coupled with a first rounder, that would be enough for Daniher.

Indeed you are.

Nawwwww, we'll see sunshine.

You've allowed a great coach, well past it, to dictate his own moves.

Believe me as an Essendon fan I understand this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're trading all of these picks and clearing space for a player who'll probably end up staying at Freo anyway.

I said 'like' Fyfe, I also think Fyfe is likely to stay at Freo, but I live in hope. He's not the only decent FA coming available next year. I also don't think we've cleared space explicitly for that reason. I'd much rather have S.Mitchell than the space he creates, but the club has allowed him to set himself up well for his next career phase. Not having him there does provide more development time, and the cap space will help us fit another decent midfielder in should one become available in FA.

And O'Meara could end up at Essendon.

Still possible yes. If he does end up with us, we've taken 2 first rounders last year, 2 players this year that would have been first rounders in the ND had they gone through it (TOM - f/s, JOM mini-draft). Next year we'll probably try to target a FA or two with Mitchell/Lewis money + more cap space from at least one of Hodge/Gibson/Burgoyne retiring. I think we've given up a fair bit to try to get JOM, but if it works out, I think we'll avoid the massive cliff that retiring Hodge/Burgyone/Mitchell/Lewis from our midfield was going to create if we didn't take drastic action quickly. Whether we can do enough to regenerate on the fly quickly enough to stay in contention remains to be seen.

Do you realise you are propagating the exact reason your club is in for a world of hurt?

If wishes were horses...

I understand your club has been crap for a very long time and will continue to be crap for a long time more, but ranting about players from other clubs will ultimately be unfulfilling.

What you need is to switch to a real club. The Dogs are a popular second choice for many.

We will get JOM. We will play finals. Jobe will lose his Brownlow. You wont play finals.

And Danniher will continue to kick atrociously for someone who is supposed to be a professional forward.

Last edited:
If wishes were horses...

I underatand your club has been crap for a very long time and will continue to be crap for a long time more, but ranting about players from other clubs will ultimately be unfulfilling.

What you need is to switch to a real club. The Dogs are a popular second choice for many.

We will get JOM. We will play finals. Jobe will lose his Brownlow. You wont play finals.

And Danniher will continue to kick atrociously for someone who is supposed to be a professional forward.

hahahahaha....

Have a look :D

Nawwwww, we'll see sunshine.

You've allowed a great coach, well past it, to dictate his own moves.

LOL. I'm not sure why I'm still responding after this level of trollism. When did Clarko become well past it? He won a flag last year (and the year before that, and the year before that). You've written him off because we missed playing in a prelim because of a missed kick after the siren? You probably said the same thing after the failures of 2009 and 2010?

Believe me as an Essendon fan I understand this.

I assume you mean Sheedy, because Hird was as big a disaster in the coaching box as he was in his involvement in the sports science program.

LOL. I'm not sure why I'm still responding after this level of trollism. When did Clarko become well past it? He won a flag last year (and the year before that, and the year before that). You've written him off because we missed playing in a prelim because of a missed kick after the siren? You probably said the same thing after the failures of 2009 and 2010?

I assume you mean Sheedy, because Hird was as big a disaster in the coaching box as he was in his involvement in the sports science program.

Well for a start, your 'year before' came because the rest of the league had been hamstrung by the expansion sides.

I don't begrudge you for that by the way, but you are far from some generational side - you're actually rather average in that respect.

Well for a start, your 'year before' came because the rest of the league had been hamstrung by the expansion sides.

Nah. For you guys it was the biggest doping scandal in team sport ever in the history of sport.

Maybe the expansion sides a little.

So would you guys have had JOM if not for GCS? Or would you have been vying for Premierships and not had the early draft picks?

A common excuse from the minnow clubs. After winning the flag in 2008, and having key players retire we didn't play finals in 2009. The same year the expansion concessions started ruining the draft. Despite that we started a mini-rebuild, without access to top picks, based on great trading, studious late selections and great development , we regenerated our list, and had a tilt at 4 more flags shortly afterwards, winning 3 of them.

Nah. For you guys it was the biggest doping scandal in team sport ever in the history of sport.

Maybe the expansion sides a little.

So would you guys have had JOM if not for GCS? Or would you have been vying for Premierships and not had the early draft picks?

None of the above.

But we have made sure you'll be decimated if you recruit JOM - this makes me happy.

And a little sad for the kid himself - your side is not capable of success now.

A common excuse from the minnow clubs. After winning the flag in 2008, and having key players retire we didn't play finals in 2009. The same year the expansion concessions started ruining the draft. Despite that we started a mini-rebuild, without access to top picks, based on great trading, studious late selections and great development , we regenerated our list, and had a tilt at 4 more flags shortly afterwards, winning 3 of them.

You are a minnow club - I think you've forgotten this during your success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back