Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Gunston has just met with Brendon Bolton and Silvagni.

Tabled trade is

Hawks get: O'Meara
Carlton get: Gunston, Hartung
GC get : 5, 10

Silvagni has had approaches from managers representing at least 4 Hawthorn players. Some not happy with Mitchell / Lewis situation, some not happy with huge payments for Vickery, Tom Mitchell and O'Meara, some not happy with being shopped to the Gold Coast.

I know this is almost certainly a troll, but even if it wasn't.......Why the Serious &^%$ would Hawthorn do that trade? If Roughead doesn't come back and they trade out Gunston, who are their tall forwards?

Don't shoot the messenger.

If I told you a week ago the Hawks would trade Mitchell and Lewis for nothing and then their 2017 first rounder and two second rounders for 10 would you believe it?

I am sure Hawthorn have a plan.

Nice alias troll account, by the way.:rolleyes:

"By all means defend your team and attempt to persuade them otherwise, but don’t attack the poster or their club, e.g. using Bay 13 nicknames like Norf, Carltank, Bears, Essendrugs, plastics, Tuggers, etc, or posts that boil down to "haha your team's crap"."

The bay 13 names are always tedious and a pet hate of mine, but usually I can figure out who they are referring to. Who are the plastics?

Sad essendon supporter salty cause omeara won't talk to his rabble of a club

He's already talked to us. Not salty at all, I would love him at Essendon but he would cost us pick 1 (obviously something else back) which I think we need to use in the draft. Our list needs to build not take a big risk. Hawthorn can afford the risk, they have the runs on the board.

So Hawthorn

Gain - O'Meara

Lose - Gunston, Hill, Hartung, pick 10

No that seems really fair and logical - Brilliant post you must a genius
I agree the suggested trade is ludicrous, but I'd be careful spewing out the sarcastic "you must be a genius" stuff when you have thrown Hill into to your "Lose" column when he was never even mentioned in the original post.

It would make the pick swap with St Kilda last week look rational :eek:
Let's not get carried away.

That was the worst pick-swap ever. Somewhere between 160% to 300% in St Kilda's favour according to draft points and your finishing position next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listen carefully, I will say this only once

Victorian picks in National draft
1 Essendon (surely would not use for O'Meara)
5 Carlton (likely trade to GWS)
6 Richmond (likely trade to GCS)
!0 Hawthorn

I don't think that any non-Victorian club would use their top 9 pick for JOM

Pre Season Draft, Essendon have first selection. If O'Meara's there we'll take him.

That's best result for Essendon because he'd nominate his price as his Hawthorn price which is less than what we'd be offering him, plus we wouldn't have to trade for him.

Can players put a price on their head in the PSD or is that only during trade period?

They're not, but they are a relative metric of player quality/games played/salary, which is how they are calculated.
Draftees haven't played any games and don't have a salary at the time of being drafted.
Points don't evaluate a player at all, but a position within a draft order

Pre Season Draft, Essendon have first selection. If O'Meara's there we'll take him.

That's best result for Essendon because he'd nominate his price as his Hawthorn price which is less than what we'd be offering him, plus we wouldn't have to trade for him.

You don't think the Hawthorn's price might include both the Lewis and Mitchell salaries?

Do Essendon have that much? Are they willing to spend it on a player for one year who does not even want to be there?

Kurt Tippett made it to pick 11 in the 2012 preseason draft including 5 clubs passing. Why did that happen? Essendon took Will Hams instead at pick 6 o_O

Personally I hope it comes to this. Pick 10 + JOM will be sweet and make this whole clusterintercourse worthwhile :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back