Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

We were offering lower picks so that's how it's better, hrovat is a 3rd or 4th rounder at best. Bulldogs weren't the best side all year, just the best team in September, stop acting like they dominated the competition. If he can't get a game over Lin Jong he's not worth that much.

Dog were premiers and you finished 5th so they are better than you. They also won the VFL comp and Box Hill came 10th so their ressies are heaps better than yours.

Dog were premiers and you finished 5th so they are better than you. They also won the VFL comp and Box Hill came 10th so their ressies are heaps better than yours.
Well we'll see how that goes when we get omeara. Dogs offer isn't even on par with ours. I could understand if the deal was better but it's not

Well we'll see how that goes when we get omeara. Dogs offer isn't even on par with ours. I could understand if the deal was better but it's not
But your offer wasn't what Gold Coast wanted either? How does that qualify that your going to get him anyway?

But your offer wasn't what Gold Coast wanted either? How does that qualify that your going to get him anyway?
We might not get him but I don't see other clubs throwing anything at u that u want. Have yet to see anyone else offer a deal that is a lot better than ours

We might not get him but I don't see other clubs throwing anything at u that u want. Have yet to see anyone else offer a deal that is a lot better than ours
Most other clubs haven't put forward offers because he chose Hawthorn already. The moment GC say that your offers have been useless and we're not trading him to you, I'm sure there will be a decent offer come in from somewhere.

Most other clubs haven't put forward offers because he chose Hawthorn already. The moment GC say that your offers have been useless and we're not trading him to you, I'm sure there will be a decent offer come in from somewhere.
If there was doubts about the deal getting done I'm sure clubs would of got wind of it by now and would definitely be getting deals out there. Just don't know if any1 can offer the players that Gold Coast want to get the deal done

Yeah, because clubs love having players on their list that really really want to be elsewhere. Are you by chance a member of the GC list management team?

Yeah, because clubs love having players on their list that really really want to be elsewhere. Are you by chance a member of the GC list management team?
What happens when it gets to Friday and O'Meara's manager says you have the picks/players to get the deal done and you haven't, why don't I ask if any other Victorian club wants a shot at him?

What happens when it gets to Friday and O'Meara's manager says you have the picks/players to get the deal done and you haven't, why don't I ask if any other Victorian club wants a shot at him?

It may eventually get to that, but they'd need to convince JOM to go to their club first. Concocting deals with GC if you haven't got JOM on board first is a waste of all time for all concerned. If GC and Hawthorn don't reach an agreement and JOM still wants to go to us, then there are still other avenues to explore before JOM's management goes hunting another suitor.

if it was picks then it wouldn't matter to us, we would part with it. The fact you've stated u need mids around the 25 yr old mark only leaves a couple of targets. I'd be happy to let shiels go and I'm sure if it came down to it the club would too but u can't force a contracted player to move interstate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whether it's the dogs or some other club, the hawks are vulnerable to having jaeger pinched because of 2 factors:

1. GC are flush with picks and are dead serious about being prepared to lose him for nothing. (it's not like this is a scully walking out on a rock bottom dees situation... Where they desperately need compensation).
As a result they are happy for this to drag out until they get offered something they are happy with... If that means it never comes, so be it.

2. Jaeger has chosen hawks as a preference sure.... But it's not like a Danger to cats type situation where it's one club or nothing, no matter what.

The longer they let it go, the more vulnerable the hawks get. It's in their best interests to do the legwork putting a GC suitable deal together.

If it gets anywhere close to next fridays deadline without getting done, Jaeger will blink and be open to other destinations I reckon.

Last edited:
So who wants Hawthorn's 2017 first round pick and what will they offer?

*If* we could find a club who was interested, our 2017 first rounder (worst case pick 18), added to pick 23 (if we get it for Hill) would be worth at least 1800 points, which is equal to a pick somewhere between 5+6. If we don't win, it's obviously better than that.

That might start getting us a little closer, though again the problem is that GC don't want picks.

I'm sure it's something that the Hawks would be looking at exploring though, especially if the threat of O'Meara ending up in the draft becomes more likely.

*If* we could find a club who was interested, our 2017 first rounder (worst case pick 18), added to pick 23 (if we get it for Hill) would be worth at least 1800 points, which is equal to a pick somewhere between 5+6. If we don't win, it's obviously better than that.

That might start getting us a little closer, though again the problem is that GC don't want picks.

I'm sure it's something that the Hawks would be looking at exploring though, especially if the threat of O'Meara ending up in the draft becomes more likely.

Points are only valuable to teams with academy or F/S prospects, and points across years don't really mean anything.

Points are only valuable to teams with academy or F/S prospects, and points across years don't really mean anything.

Agree, it is the closest system we have to valuing picks

There may be a club who is looking to split an early pick to be able to generate a trade

Like I said, I don't expect it to happen, but would expect us to be exploring the option.

So who wants Hawthorn's 2017 first round pick and what will they offer?
With Sam Mitchell leaving, I reckon our 2017 pick will be better than our 2016 pick. The club has flagged 2016 will be a rebuild year, not a premiership year.

I still reckon next year's first rounder to Brisbane and Hanley to Gold Coast. Hawks then need to send something else Gold Coast's way, either a player or a pick to another club (i.e. if we get 23 from Freo) which sends a player their way.

A deal will get done, just like it did with T.Mitchell and just like Richmond didn't match the Vickery offer. Everyone is jumping at shadows because they don't want him to get to Hawthorn.

Hrovat missed the first half of the season. He the came into the senior team after only 2 games at Footscray and played very well despite missing so much. He made way for Libba and Macrae. Give him a full pre season and season and he will a very good AFL player.

Surely this would be somewhat close or maybe fair to getting the deal done. Will Langford, pick 23 (which we should receive for Hill) and our first round pick next year all involved in a direct trade to the Gold Coast that sees Jaeger O'Meara alone head to Hawks. If Langford doesn't appeal to Suns, which he may or may not, if not is in fact the case, it's hard to think of how we can get a deal done without other teams being involved. Despite what many of you think, although Jaeger has the potential to be the best mid in the game, there is the fact he hasn't played a senior game since 2014. This alone brings down his market value immensely. If he had been a star the past 2 seasons and played every game it would be more than fair for the Suns to expect two top 10 picks for him, but based on the circumstances that obviously isn't the case. I of course can definitely understand why many will think it's an unfair deal but that's just my take on it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back