Jake Carlisle Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Dumb as **** hypothetical (NOTE - there is 0% chance of this happening, but it's the funniest way to spin the situation):

St Kilda announce at 11:30 that as papers are not lodged, and as this would be a breach of the contract offered to Carlisle which is not yet signed, Saints management have sought recourse from the AFL to void the trade and will go into mediation with Essendon and Sydney to fix the mess before 2pm.

St Kilda are removed from the deal, Carlisle is sent back to Essendon where his contract will expire, pick 5 comes back, 23 and 24 are swapped again.

Essendon fights over the whole thing, having lost pick 5, but as Bird is now in Melbourne, agreed to a trade, and potentially already signed something, they eventually get Bird and 14 for a bunch of second and third rounders. This trade gets locked in, as the AFL would have a shitstorm on their hands if Bird's trade was destroyed by another player's actions.

Jake's management have made the statement to get ahead of the whole thing, whatever. If it's coke, they got ahead of it and apologised. If it's not and it's a snapchat joke, they're already gearing up defamation action to make money. The statement is obviously covered in apologies, but also obviously doesn't flat out state what he has done or admit to taking drugs, just that he acted inappropriately.

All other teams are now completely spooked; he's damaged goods.

Jake then nominated for the PSD and walks straight into St Kilda. At this point, it either comes out that he has had his contract salary reduced and very specific breach conditions imposed, which Jake agrees to to save his career and turn it around. Or, hilariously, he and his manager come out 5 minutes after he is drafted in the PSD and announce they are taking defamation action against ACA producers and channel 9, the club supports it, and everyone laughs and makes bank in the steal of the century :D

Still nothing from the club.
Do people honestly believe he'll be sacked for that though? If so they obviously haven't told Jake yet!

On SEN there seems to be a consensus we should give him a long ban from playing regular season games. It might be an expensive year paying him $750 000 for a few games.

The worse aspect of this is the timing of the release. AFL should investigate, and if is found that Essendon had anything to do with it, it would be tampering with the trade/draft at least. By releasing this to the media just after the trade is done, why, other than to damage both St.Kilda and Carlisle. If it found that Essendon knew of it prior to the trade being completed, again they have failed to divulge it at the trade table. If it is found that Essendon had anything to do with the release, they should be punished severely.

Find me the law that says it can exit a trade.
Depends what disclosure statements were signed and what was represented by Essendon. Aside from that the AFL creates its own regulation on the fly for things such as this.

Has the AFL released a statement yet?

We overpaid for him. Simple. If Easendon misrepresented we may elect to void the contract or not.

On SEN there seems to be a consensus we should give him a long ban from playing regular season games. It might be an expensive year paying him $750 000 for a few games.
SEN is literally a stain on not only the sports radio but radio in general lsndscape.
I work for a competitor and many jokes are had at the expense of SEN whenever ratings come out or whenecer one of their "experts" come out with a story

I'm pretty confident he will get a hell of a whack from finnis and co, but I'm not sure a long ban would be the answer.

He did it before he arrived with us.
He has shown remorse
It hurts us when we as a club have done nothing wrong

If this is genuinely how you and the club see this, God save the club. You are being played for fools.
I'm sorry mate but I would rather my club not implode and sack him. I back this stkilda to turn this negative into a positive and to assist jake. Maybe your still living with the belief we should rule with an iron fist and get rid of him because we don't have a culture who can cope. Get behind the club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I sort of feel for his manager.
With all the negotiations taking place yesterday, he had this dumped in his lap.
Does he tell all parties, and the deal fall through. Therefore leaving his client in the cold?
Or does he sit on it ( as he did ) and let the deal go through and cope with the aftermath, and subsequent loss of trust as best he could.
He was put in a lose-lose situation.
In the end he chose to support his client, but is he now a less effective manager because of it?

Why is everyone OK with this?

I don't get it it.

Well everyone does it is the common vibe, well sue me that I'd rather he didn't, I'd rather nobody did.

I don't care if I'm not cool or hip for saying it, I don't care if people think I'm preachy.

Drugs are bad, paint it any way you like, but you won't convince me otherwise.

He wouldn't want to whinge about his former club injecting him with drugs when he willfully does it to himself.

Due diligence, yeah nah, don't go all wide eyed when we all know he smokes and gambles.

It's tedious.

This guy and his manager is now a cancer in the club.
everybody is entitled to their opinion but Whoa pull back on the reins a bit there buddy.
Lets not get too dramatic.
The club knows more about this than what we do .And our club has been incredibily proffessional the last couple of yrs so I'll back them in to do the right thing.

If we're not sacking him, if we're sticking by him as is being suggested, then he should miss no games at all IMO.
The SEN consensus clowns can go and choke on a fat one.

Are these the same experts who thought we should've just handed over pick 5 in the first hour? Probably now saying he's only worth a second rounder and we should've bided our time. Maybe they’re now saying we should've taken him to the PSD or just walked away. Clowns!!!

Fact is he stuffed up as an Essendon player. AND the Dildo made sure we paid overs. AND the video was kept from us until after the deal was done. Enough is enough!

If we're keeping him, and if he admits his wrongdoing, and if he does something about it, then he simply has to play from Round 1.

Pick 5 and $700,000 pa (reportedly) mean any other course of action would only hurt the innocent party in all this (US!)

Dumb as **** hypothetical (NOTE - there is 0% chance of this happening, but it's the funniest way to spin the situation):

St Kilda announce at 11:30 that as papers are not lodged, and as this would be a breach of the contract offered to Carlisle which is not yet signed, Saints management have sought recourse from the AFL to void the trade and will go into mediation with Essendon and Sydney to fix the mess before 2pm.

St Kilda are removed from the deal, Carlisle is sent back to Essendon where his contract will expire, pick 5 comes back, 23 and 24 are swapped again.

Essendon fights over the whole thing, having lost pick 5, but as Bird is now in Melbourne, agreed to a trade, and potentially already signed something, they eventually get Bird and 14 for a bunch of second and third rounders. This trade gets locked in, as the AFL would have a shitstorm on their hands if Bird's trade was destroyed by another player's actions.

Jake's management have made the statement to get ahead of the whole thing, whatever. If it's coke, they got ahead of it and apologised. If it's not and it's a snapchat joke, they're already gearing up defamation action to make money. The statement is obviously covered in apologies, but also obviously doesn't flat out state what he has done or admit to taking drugs, just that he acted inappropriately.

All other teams are now completely spooked; he's damaged goods.

Jake then nominated for the PSD and walks straight into St Kilda. At this point, it either comes out that he has had his contract salary reduced and very specific breach conditions imposed, which Jake agrees to to save his career and turn it around. Or, hilariously, he and his manager come out 5 minutes after he is drafted in the PSD and announce they are taking defamation action against ACA producers and channel 9, the club supports it, and everyone laughs and makes bank in the steal of the century :D

No that's shit.
Essendon get Bird for their second rounder.
StKilda trade their second and third rounder to Sydney for 14. :D

With all the negotiations taking place yesterday, he had this dumped in his lap.
Does he tell all parties, and the deal fall through. Therefore leaving his client in the cold?
Or does he sit on it ( as he did ) and let the deal go through and cope with the aftermath, and subsequent loss of trust as best he could.
In the end he chose to support his client, but is he now a less effective manager because of it?
Will be investigated by the AFLPA - may lose his license over this

Just on another thing, this gnashing of teeth about young people and drugs in society is a bit disingenuous.
I am in my fifties and drugs were rife in society when I grew up in the western suburbs of Sydney
Heroin, speed, LSD, even Luudes were available. Dope was smoked by everyone.
I know as a fact a RL team were so stoned after winning the premiership in the very early 80's that half the team couldn't front supporters at the Leagues club. I know this because my friends mother was the paymaster at the club and we were on the front table at the club (just as stoned as the players).
Not bragging, just saying young people in their twenties take drugs, make stuff ups and then grow out of it.
Only real difference is that social media records everything for ever nowdays.
Thank god it wasn't about when I was in my twenties.
Taking drugs as an elite sportsman is not great, it is very poor, but to take them and then video it, is extraordinarily stupid.
The guy just got a new club and contract worth about 10 times the average wage a year for kicking a football.
All at the age of 24.
The stupid of Carlisle hurts so much, but I hope this is an absolute wake up call and he get his head down (not to a white line) and arse up and works so hard this is seen as a blip in a long career for the Saints.

Will be investigated by the AFLPA - may lose his license over this

Possibly, but he has not damaged the player, so i'm not sure the AFLPA are the ones that would get upset.
In many ways he was also an innocent party in this. What was the right thing for him to do?

And what sort of percentage (of Carlisles wage) does he receive? Zero sympathy for this guy, guilty as sin and should have his license revoked for deception. Knowing something and not disclosing this is just as bad as the crime in many cases.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jake Carlisle Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back