Jake Carlisle Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing Collingwood supporters having a crack at StKilda players. How many of their players self reported???

No supporters should have a crack at any others. Seriously people, plenty of AFL players take drugs. Regardless of what jumper they pull on.

This statement was written by his manager and lawyer. It is just taking no liability for his actions but says several times that he is a Saints player. That is because he wants the contract validated even though he probably has not signed it. That statement is purely designed to protect him and his managers legal interests in an upcoming court case. Don't be fooled. There is no sign of remorse there. This guy and his manager is now a cancer in the club.

I'm going to say this with the best intentions and I don't mean to offend anyone. But move on.

He did something stupid, clubs knows this he knows this. His apologised and that is already more then lovett so don't compare the two. Secondly who ever wants to give the club crap piss off. They didn't know about this. No one did. No amount of background checks would tell you this unless you lived in his pocket. There will be a press conference at 11:30 at afl house. It will blow over but I suggest alot of you guys get behind the club and jake and maybe remember the dumb shit you did as a guy in your early twenties. He isn't the first won't be the last and didn't hurt another person like those at the Hawks or lovett. There are players who people idolise that you should see behind close doors. I by no mean say it's acceptable but he came clean to the club immediately and that statement is genuinely going to be the actions jake follows.

On one hand, it might be a good opportunity for the club, like others have mentioned, to put a positive spin on this and help spur an anti-drug campaign from St Kilda, showing support for users etc.
But, on the other hand, there's a great opportunity to cancel the trade, and then re-offer peanuts or take him via the PSD. Perhaps use pick 5 to acquire Weller and a number of draft picks?

Im shitty as hell but I back our club to help this boy improve as a person and footballer .

Yes for those wondering he was an essendon player at the time. If you need a good angle to make you feel better then we are reforming him after his demons at Essendon ;)
Exactly. Who knows how the bombres injecting him full of crap would have affected him. It's obvious that it has affected him. The main thing is that he gets the support he needs to make sure that it never happens as a Saints player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question for supporters that want him sacked... Would you say the same if it were Jack Steven? Or is only because he's a new player?
I don't want him sacked*

* Wouldn't mind the AFL allowing us to keep Jake but giving us back pick 5 from the Bombers on the basis the Bombers are (a whole lot of words that would have me banned on all forums worldwide, even the really dodgy ones :mad:)

Give him a tick for being honest, taking responsibility and showing compunction re his actions!

It is apparent the club are going to stick by him and at least now if he did have a problem it will be monitored and treated. He will surelybe determined to repay the club after this indiscretion.

Could turn this into some positive outcomes!

I'm going to say this with the best intentions and I don't mean to offend anyone. But move on.

He did something stupid, clubs knows this he knows this. His apologised and that is already more then lovett so don't compare the two. Secondly who ever wants to give the club crap piss off. They didn't know about this. No one did. No amount of background checks would tell you this unless you lived in his pocket. There will be a press conference at 11:30 at afl house. It will blow over but I suggest alot of you guys get behind the club and jake and maybe remember the dumb shit you did as a guy in your early twenties. He isn't the first won't be the last and didn't hurt another person like those at the Hawks or lovett. There are players who people idolise that you should see behind close doors. I by no mean say it's acceptable but he came clean to the club immediately and that statement is genuinely going to be the actions jake follows.
If this is genuinely how you and the club see this, God save the club. You are being played for fools.

Maybe the timing of the video is a blessing in disguise, as if it came out before we sign on the dotted line we probably walk away from the trade. As it happened, we have him now. If he goes on to dominate next year, nobody cares about his little preseason discretion.

Let the other clubs laugh it up at as, have they seen our spine for the next 8 years? We are 2-3 gun mids away from being a dangerous outfit. This is a non story.

I think it will be old news by tomorrow morning.

I am just wondering that this is the beginning of the 3 strikes that Lovett got.

1. Arguments with police
2. Poor shape at the start of pre season
3. The incident

Here you have a dude with WADA over his head and accumulates a stupidity credit on day 0.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jake Carlisle Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back