Jake Carlisle Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Article on the afl website with comments from Peter Gordon stating dogs were wary due to character issues.

Tom liberatore ring any bells peter?

It's also nice to be smug about the situation in retrospect.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

You can take the boy out of essendon but you cant take essendon out of the boy

I think it will certainly help if we take the boy out of Essendon. Set him up in a house in Brighton and you'll find that a lot of his scaly mates in the northern suburbs just won't make the journey across the river.

Article on the afl website with comments from Peter Gordon stating dogs were wary due to character issues.

I call bulltish Peter! If you didn't sell the farm for Boyd you have jumped on him.

There are so many layers to this story. I think turning it around is going to be the result of a holistic approach and not the result of a few hard and fast rules

They say you become the people you are with. So we need to try and breakdown some of his past and present relationships.

We need to try and get Jake to a point where the endorphins are released for the right reasons. Say like helping sick children. Or building schools in impoverished Fiji. Or even for just sacrificing and working hard within the club

This is not the end of the Jake Carlisle story. But the next chapter is an important one in terms of figuring out whether it is a tragedy or a tale about overcoming all odds.

I'm committing to being supportive. Let's get around him guys. Show him the love. Let him flourish. Let's show those Bombers what we can do here at the Saints. We can rejuvenate, re-inspire and reconstruct our players to become better PEOPLE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

That could be why though, its fresh in their mind.
People are stupid.
Right after they have had an issue they worry that it might happen again.

We are most alert for Bushfires the year AFTER a one in 20 years disaster.
We look everywhere for terrorists the day AFTER the trade center is knocked down.
We watch out for cops the day AFTER they put a speed camera in your street for the first time.

Then you throw on 5 years and watch everyone slacken off again in time for the next big thing. Nah She'll be right.

And I know "Character" was discussed here.
( OK we thought he just like his cigarettes ).

People are stupid.

We look everywhere for terrorists the day AFTER the trade center is knocked down.
We watch out for cops the day AFTER they put a speed camera in your street for the first time.

Then you throw on 5 years and watch everyone slacken off again in time for the next big thing. Nah She'll be right.

Nah maybe it's the saints feral in me but I interpreted the comments as just the dogs feeling pretty pleased with themselves and wanting to tell people about it

And of course all the "experts" were saying we should've done the trade on day 1 for pick 5. That's all we heard for days. "Saints can't get deal done" etc. Even Chris Pelchen, who some believe we should never have got rid of, or should now be back replacing Bains, was reportedly saying we should just hand over pick 5 for Carlisle. Get deal done straight away and use pick 5 - they were the common themes.

Now the "experts" are basically saying we were a bit hasty and that we overspent. Some suggest the player they urged us to use pick 5 on should now be given the flick.

Stuff these "experts"; just STUFF 'EM! :mad:

And of course all the "experts" were saying we should've done the trade on day 1 for pick 5. That's all we heard for days. "Saints can't get deal done" etc. Even Chris Pelchen, who some believe we should never have got rid of, or should now be back replacing Bains, was reportedly saying we should just hand over pick 5 for Carlisle. Get deal done straight away and use pick 5 - they were the common themes.

Now the "experts" are basically saying we were a bit hasty and that we overspent. Some suggest the player they urged us to use pick 5 on should now be given the flick.

Stuff these "experts"; just STUFF 'EM! :mad:
I'm not sure how some of these blokes got into the position of being paid for their opinion.

People are stupid.

This sort of thing is why suspending him stevie j style wont do anything.

Of course he's going to be on his absolutely best behaviour for the next 12 months.

I'm worried about him a couple years down the track when it's all died down.

Rewriting his contact to include behaviour clauses etc won't work either- he knows if he stuffs up again he'll just be sacked and miss out on all his money.

Although if we've front loaded his contract this year due to cap space, that could be a big problem too...
IE- He gets most of his money when he's least likely to stuff up.
Hmm.

All i can say is, for the millionth time in 15 years...
Thank god we have riewoldt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol more 1 5 mill to Tom Boyd issues.

We all know there has never been a drug problem at Footscray

thankfully people have short memories.
Jake will come out and play a great game in one of the NAB challenge games and people will start talking about his footy ability again and be excited by our improved spine.
Right now the nerve is raw. By the time the first bounce comes around this wouldve all blown over like Donald Trumps fringe.
GO SAINTS.

I reckon his punishment should be that he is made to play at ff

I reckon his punishment should be that he is made to read the Essendope thread on Saintsational.

All 920 pages of it!

And then....

....post his own comment....

....bagging the crap outta Hirdy :D

Jake will come out and play a great game in one of the NAB challenge games and people will start talking about his footy ability again and be excited by our improved spine.
Right now the nerve is raw. By the time the first bounce comes around this wouldve all blown over like Donald Trumps fringe.
GO SAINTS.
We've had a few "Mental Giants" over the years.

Jake may be more the "Mental Dwarf" kind but wouldn't be the first who needs just as much life coaching as footy coaching.

Have no doubt he'll be head down and @ss up next week and all pre season. No silly season snappies any more for you now that you are at a professionally run club instead of a Cult.

Go Saints!

GO SAINTS.

Wayne Carey will go on TV and tell everyone what a good bloke Carlisle is.

We've had a few "Mental Giants" over the years.

Jake may be more the "Mental Dwarf" kind but wouldn't be the first who needs just as much life coaching as footy coaching.

Have no doubt he'll be head down and @ss up next week and all pre season. No silly season snappies any more for you now that you are at a professionally run club instead of a Cult.

Go Saints!

At least I have confidence that Richo will deal with him. Watters probably would have organised some sort of group hug.

I reckon his punishment should be that he is made to read the Essendope thread on Saintsational.

All 920 pages of it!

And then....

....post his own comment....

....bagging the crap outta Hirdy :D

Can he read, or would it have to be put on snapchat for him?

The moralising on SEN has been unbearable. I take a different approach to drugs policy than many on here. The SEN approach is basically the "war on drugs" approach - if we punish enough people hard enough, we will eradicate drugs altogether. This is manifestly untrue such that even the US agencies which profit from the war on drugs (via billions of dollars of govt funding) are now admitting that that approach is a failure.

I am amazed that the player's association has caved to the war on drugs mentality and agreed to ditch the three strikes policy. A first strike that is a mere warning together with a therapeutic approach is clearly the right one. A player who has made a mistake (or a series of mistakes) but is not addicted to drugs will in all likelihood heed the warning and stop using them. A player who actually has a problem will have access to medical and psychosocial support to help them. Naming, shaming and punishing is pointless though it makes the KB's and David Schwartz's of this world feel good.

Drugs of course are illegal (stupidly), so Jake needs to stop using, but he must be given the option to do so without being punished. I've absolutely no doubt that his teammates and the club more broadly will read him the riot act and then give him all of the support he needs to focus on playing the best footy possible.

x1000

Remove this Banner Ad

Jake Carlisle Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back