Jake Carlisle Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm worried about him a couple years down the track when it's all died down.

Your totally entitled to your opinion mate and I respect it:thumbsu:
But we cant live like that.
Did you sit around waiting for Milney or Gardiner to get in trouble again? Did you wait for another stuff up from Gilbert yrs after he got in trouble.?
Unfortunately people stuff up in life but you have to address it and move on.
Im backing our new improved club to handle this a hell of a lot better than in the past.
And after he apologises to the playing group and starts training like a man possesed im backing Jake in 100% untill he gives me reason not to.
GO SAINTS

Well now that the Carlisle media beat up/sabotage attempt has just about blown over I'm pretty excited that we've got him, despite what a lot of the Saints haters here and in the media might say we've just recruited one of the best KPPs in the game who is entering his prime and providing he can keep his nose clean (both literally and figuratively) he should be a great asset for us in our push to get back in another premiership window.

He also has a bit of that bad boy swagger and aggressiveness which is just what we need too, to be a premiership team you need those type of guys, they can't all be school prefect types.

The fact that Hawthorn were after him as well just shows how highly regarded he is football wise, he is a gun and it's a massive coup for us to get him.

I think a lot of the negativity from opposition supporters about us picking up Carlisle is due to fear and jealousy, with Carlisle on board and playing at his best we're now right back in the finals mix.

People say we gave up too much for him but I think we did OK recruiting one of the best KPPs in the game, along with a gun mid like Freeman and we have still have a first round draft pick. We've had a much more fruitful trade period than a lot of other clubs like Freo, North, Melbourne or Richmond.

An article on the afl website says that Carlisle will be hair tested on return...

Let's hope the yanks don't cut their cocain with clembuterole like they do over here.
Time for the summer crewcut, back sack n crack wax job.

How he rocks up should tell the story there IMO.

Well now that the Carlisle media beat up/sabotage attempt has just about blown over I'm pretty excited that we've got him, despite what a lot of the Saints haters here and in the media might say we've just recruited one of the best KPPs in the game who is entering his prime and providing he can keep his nose clean (both literally and figuratively) he should be a great asset for us in our push to get back in another premiership window.

He also has a bit of that bad boy swagger and aggressiveness which is just what we need too, to be a premiership team you need those type of guys, they can't all be school prefect types.

The fact that Hawthorn were after him as well just shows how highly regarded he is football wise, he is a gun and it's a massive coup for us to get him.

I think a lot of the negativity from opposition supporters about us picking up Carlisle is due to fear and jealousy, with Carlisle on board and playing at his best we're now right back in the finals mix.

People say we gave up too much for him but I think we did OK recruiting one of the best KPPs in the game, along with a gun mid like Freeman and we have still have a first round draft pick. We've had a much more fruitful trade period than a lot of other clubs like Freo, North, Melbourne or Richmond.
like ive said. Im gonna back the bloke 100% untill he gives me a reason not to. He has a chance to arrive at our club and give total commitment now.
I'll give everbody a 2nd chance.
BUT.... I dont think it was a media beat up because Jake did act like a stupid knob.
And I dont think its blown over yet. BUT IT WILL.
Once it settles down we will have young Goddard and Carlisle in our side. Thats gonna be bloody tuff for opposition teams to cover.
GO SAINTS.

It's funny how a guy doing no damage to anyone but himself is bigger news than an alleged rape and drink driving offences. Family club.

like ive said. Im gonna back the bloke 100% untill he gives me a reason not to. He has a chance to arrive at our club and give total commitment now.
I'll give everbody a 2nd chance.
BUT.... I dont think it was a media beat up because Jake did act like a stupid knob.
And I dont think its blown over yet. BUT IT WILL.
Once it settles down we will have young Goddard and Carlisle in our side. Thats gonna be bloody tuff for opposition teams to cover.
GO SAINTS.
It's not so much the media beat up but the morons in the press that used the saints culture problem that pissed me off. He was still contracted to Essendon to the 31 of October. Our club did nothing wrong. I will say that most of the press were ok and didn't blame us but there were a few. What shytes me is Essendon got of without in critisism, that's were any poor behaviour was encouraged

Superfooty: Saints to rip up, rewrite Jake Carlisle contract, reports @heraldsunmick https://t.co/VYzhI2rKRN #BeStKilda https://t.co/t3kspCwDJc

I hope that this is the case. Hopefully makes him work harder and not resentful. I think even someone as thick as Carlisle could realise that him and only him is to blame here.

Allows us to not rock the boat as much with the other blokes who would be on less coin or allows us more recruiting room in the future.

Superfooty: Saints to rip up, rewrite Jake Carlisle contract, reports @heraldsunmick https://t.co/VYzhI2rKRN #BeStKilda https://t.co/t3kspCwDJc

I just hope the club doesn't punish him to the point where he doesn't want to be a part of the club environment. I hate to sound weak, but I reckon he might need a bit of a kick in the ass, but then a soft touch moving forward. I love that Danny Frawley has put his hand up to mentor him, I think that will do wonders for Jake and the team.

Truth be told, if they paid him less that will make me feel a little easier about the ability to keep a future star. an extra $150k or $200k might be the difference in a Billings or a McCartin staying or going when their contracts are up.

Last edited:
For someone that values the money as much as he does, I really hope he uses it as motivation to improve and not let this become a disaster. All on Jake now and how he responds, for someone that's supposedly as dumb as a brick this could be bad

For someone that values the money as much as he does, I really hope he uses it as motivation to improve and not let this become a disaster. All on Jake now and how he responds, for someone that's supposedly as dumb as a brick this could be bad
I'll judge him as to how he acts as a Saint. His actions as a Bomber, while not acceptable, could stem from his feelings towards that club. It's no secret he wasn't happy there, not to mention the stress all the players have been under the last few years. What if he gave up on footy entirely and wanted an out?
I think I'm just backing him in because he's with us now. If the players give him the all clear after their meeting, that's good enough for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully makes him work harder and not resentful.

Quite a fine line. IMO if he exceeds standards and does turn things around I would be supportive of him being given the money he was promised at the time we traded for him. I think as someone else may have said - got to have a carrot to go with the stick.

We cannot ruin potential sponsors again by dickheads at the club.
Collingwoods is/was full of dickheads.
Marley Williams.
Swan.
Keeffe
Thomas
Shaw
Didak
etc etc
Sponsors throw money at them.
Have a big enough fan base or win a flag and you get sponsors no matter what.
Sponsors are pretty shallow and they turn a blind eye when they want.
Unfortunately you are right. We will be a minnow club until we rise again. Any stuff up hits us harder than the big clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jake Carlisle Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back