Jake Carlisle Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 188058
We as Humans should ALL support , applaud , rally behind any Club, Assocation or Organization
that says Zero tolerance to Drugs FULLSTOP !
And an end to crime, poverty, pain and bad thoughts.

Seriously, I've had some awesome drugs in my time, what about medicinal marijuana that help cancer patients, alcohol is OK I suppose and a million other arguments.

We as humans? I'm human, don't fight your crusade in my name thank you. Each to their own. I'm not condoning Jake or any other pro sports person using regularly or at all during a season, but they are allowed to make mistakes.

Last edited:
I think you need to really understand what zero tolerance means before you stick the flag in the ground. It literally means no misdemeanours or you're out. Prohibition didn't work, punitive punishment doesn't work, education does and that's what the club is doing. People need support or you're going to trash a lot of lives in the holy crusade.

View attachment 188058
We as Humans should ALL support , applaud , rally behind any Club, Assocation or Organization
And ban alcohol and cigarettes as well.

Oh that's right they are legal so they are harmless to the user and socially

I have every confidence that this will prove that our systems are worthy. Jake will get a shellacking from the leadership group and will work his a*se off to show that he was worthy of the trust we showed in him. This will mean he will train harder than he has ever done, will absorb everything about team instructions and support his team mates. Whether he is bright or stupid will not matter. We have bright guys in our backline who will provide leadership. He is a talent and we need a talent. He will take big marks, stop big forwards and occasionally swing forward and kick big goals. He will help Hugh Goddard become a superstar. His start was inauspicious, but he came to SKFC at just the right time for him to grow and grow up. Welcome Jake.

My brother has tried every drug under the sun, he's alright. My mum on the other hand has got severe health problems stemming from alcohol abuse and chronic smoking. Plenty of people use drugs recreationally and are responsible enough to know when it's too much. I'm not saying they don't cause problems and we all know the damage irresponsible and uncontrolled drug use causes, but blanket bans just criminalise and create an us against them mindset.

I think it's the whole nothing ventured nothing lost mindset

If you buy a new car and that day at coles someone knocks off the mirror you don't scrap it you go fix it because of the investment

We invested pick 5 into Carlisle so obviously we want him to succeed. If Carlisle was Josh Saunders i feel he'd be in a lot more trouble and that's the unfortunate reality of afl
yeah but the car didn't film its self snorting a white substance which most people are assuming is cocaine, did it? there's a big difference haha. saying that though, whilst i'll back the club with whatever action they decide to take against him, i know we're not going to sack him - this time, if it happens again however, then watch the club rip up his contract in a matter of seconds. i'm sure he'll come good hopefully sooner rather than later though.

View attachment 188058
Absolute statements like this don't make a lot of sense despite the good intentions
Zero tolerance to what??? Illicit drugs? Alcohol? Caffeine? Paracetamol? Sugar --> greatest cause of mature onset (type 2) diabetes. ?Poker machines.
It is a moving target - there are new drugs being produced every year. They usually belong to a pharmaceutical family but have not been specifically classified as a restricted substance. We monitor the sewage and are able to quantify the major illicit substance usage. What we've discovered would surprise a lot of people. Rather than just make blanket prohibitions, we as a society should look at the harm a particular drug use causes. Indirectly through motor vehicle accidents, violence and other misbehaviour, alcohol is easily the worst substance abused in our society. The cost is enormous especially in potential years lost (due to young people dying). For all the bluster about illicit drugs, they are not as lethal as our legal ones. I do admit to having a particular hatred for heroine in our society

Absolute statements like this don't make a lot of sense despite the good intentions
Zero tolerance to what??? Illicit drugs? Alcohol? Caffeine? Paracetamol? Sugar --> greatest cause of mature onset (type 2) diabetes. ?Poker machines.
It is a moving target - there are new drugs being produced every year. They usually belong to a pharmaceutical family but have not been specifically classified as a restricted substance. We monitor the sewage and are able to quantify the major illicit substance usage. What we've discovered would surprise a lot of people. Rather than just make blanket prohibitions, we as a society should look at the harm a particular drug use causes. Indirectly through motor vehicle accidents, violence and other misbehavior, alcohol is easily the worst substance abused in our society. The cost is enormous especially in potential years lost (due to young people dying). For all the bluster about illicit drugs, they are not as lethal as our legal ones. I do admit to having a particular hatred for heroine in our society

Very well said IMO.

The real question is why there is a demand for these things and what the real root causes are in modern society.

I agree wholeheartedly that there are double standards re this issue.

No one condones the use of drugs, but it is hypocritical to feign indignation at what Jake did and yet be more than happy to enjoy a drink or smoke... and of course the Pokies.

Just because something is "legal" doesn't make it okay.

The reactions on here have been extreme and somewhat unexpected because that's what human beings do for the most part... react.

I wonder if those who were ready to cut him off would do the same if it was their own kid?

Also wonder if they would demand the same punishment to all players who have taken the odd snort?

It seems that as a society, we are too often happy to turn a blind eye to certain people who we like, yet are happy to mete out punishment to those we don't.

Same goes for our footballers for some strange reason. What would the reaction be if t was Roo on the video?

But as I said, if it were one's own son in the witness box, would we ask the court for leniency, or uphold our so called principles and demand he be punished?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My brother has tried every drug under the sun, he's alright. My mum on the other hand has got severe health problems stemming from alcohol abuse and chronic smoking. Plenty of people use drugs recreationally and are responsible enough to know when it's too much. I'm not saying they don't cause problems and we all know the damage irresponsible and uncontrolled drug use causes, but blanket bans just criminalise and create an us against them mindset.

Unless your brother has had all sorts of heart scans a healthy person doesn't have, you have no way of knowing if he's going to drop dead at 50 or not.

Hey guys, I made a couple of posts in here when Jake announced that he had nominated St Kilda as his club of choice where I detailed what sort of attributes he has that can really assist the Saints rise up the ladder.

I just thought with all this stuff that has subsequently gone on, knowing Jake like I do (we grew up playing junior footy against each other, umpired footy together and mixed in circles that often overlapped etc) I just want to encourage you not to lose the faith. Whilst it is true that he has always been a bit immature and a bit of a 'lad' I know he absolutely hates public attention on him whether good or bad so I guarantee he will get his A into gear and work his but off to earn the respect of his team mates and he will stay out of the headlines I guarantee it.

As horrendous a start it seems for the Jake Carlisle-St Kilda partnership I honestly and truly believe this will be looked back on in time as the best thing that happened to him. He probably needed to have his focus narrowed and to be humbled and grounded in this fashion I know that he will do what is required to be one of the dominant Key Position defenders in the game and let his work on the field do all the talking. He is and will be a jet for you guys. He is in the top 3-4 marks of the footy in the whole competition in my opinion. He has plenty to give.

Ironically, we are happy to take drugs which are sanctioned by our GP... regardless of side effects and long term complications.

Doctors over prescribe and often prescribe for non-existent ailments. Why, because patients want some sort of magic pill rather than accept that they don't have 100% perfect health and that almost no one ever does.

These same drugs marketed by pharmaceutical companies who are profit driven and lobby Governments to approve their use... all because of the almighty dollar. They create anxiety and then provide the solution. Their biggest challenge was that people only bought their drugs when they were sick. So they conjured up ways to get people to visit their GPs and ask for medication more often... once again to increase their profits.

But these drugs are okay because our GP prescribes them.

So what exactly is the difference between a person seeking relief via the GP and someone snorting a line for pleasure?

Who is the bigger idiot?

Even if he was snorting cocaine nothing will happen to him , just like Bennell.
We all now guys the AFL do not like to air their dirty linen. and that they hide the drug culture that exist in the AFL.
Thats why the drug testing is so leniant , i am sure we all have heard rumours of players that even have had 3 strikes! And the AfL have covered it up.Further more those names are bigger then Carlisle and Bennell.
I strongly believe all or at least most clubs would have players that take recreational drugs. And there is no evidence in the short or long term that the AfL will do something substantial about it.They dont want to destroy or scandalies the image of the game.
The only way you can stop it , is if you have similar drug testing and punishment as soccer or world football.
No strikes , name and shame , 1 to 2 year ban.
We all now that has as much chance in happening as Carlton winning the premieship in the next 3 years

Last edited:
Hey guys. Has taken me a few days to get over the emotional roller coaster that was Wednesday/Thursday. I'm very happy that we have added a 200cm, 105kg KPD to partner big Hughey. Jake has made a monumental mistake but he'll be judged now on how he responds. The playing group (particularly the oldies) will be extremely upset at his behavior but he's a Saint now so expect that guys like Fisher and Dempster take him under their wings and help him turn into an elite trainer. He's definitely not the only Saint to have stuffed up over the last 5 years, and although he may be slightly immature for his age he really wants to achieve something special with us. Be angry at his mistake but let's get behind the kid, he's a massive part of any future success.
The club is absolutely over the moon to have been able to add Nathan Freeman for only next years second. He's ridiculously fit at the minute and has been doing a running program designed for him by our fitness staff for weeks now. The players were very happy to hear he was going to join us. It's probably not a good comparison but Richo has him pencilled in to play (albeit a more powerful) Jack Steven type of role, inside and out.
Was also very pleasing to be able to still pick at 14 next month. I would be looking at Mathieson or Tucker to hopefully join us in what would be an extremely successful off season. No matter what happens Bailey Rice will be a Saint too.

We all wish the situation had not happened with Jake.
But you know what it could be "Karma" he mentioned on trade radio that he wanted to be a leader.
He now has to prove it , he could have cruised into pre season thinking it would just happen
Now he can't .
It could be the turning point for him to make a difference in what he is to achieve in football & his life.
Everyone makes mistakes , it is what they do next that defines how things turn out.
He has my total support

So what exactly is the difference between a person seeking relief via the GP and someone snorting a line for pleasure?

Who is the bigger idiot?
Probably the one risking a multi million dollar contract, but your point is well made ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legit though Cocaine isn't a great one to get into, wears away your tissue inside your nose and damages the sinuses and can leave them permanently inflamed. Just ask all the 80's businessmen who needed turbinectomies. I try to avoid petrochemicals in my nose. Thatsaid, there's a lot worse out there as well.

Legit though Cocaine isn't a great one to get into, wears away your tissue inside your nose and damages the sinuses and can leave them permanently inflamed. Just ask all the 80's businessmen who needed turbinectomies. I try to avoid petrochemicals in my nose. Thatsaid, there's a lot worse out there as well.

Including those nasty little f#@kers made in backyard labs .
But its lucky people are responsible to know when to stop before frying their brain or killing a family on our roads . :rolleyes:

It is a moving target - there are new drugs being produced every year. They usually belong to a pharmaceutical family but have not been specifically classified as a restricted substance. We monitor the sewage and are able to quantify the major illicit substance usage. What we've discovered would surprise a lot of people. Rather than just make blanket prohibitions, we as a society should look at the harm a particular drug use causes. Indirectly through motor vehicle accidents, violence and other misbehaviour, alcohol is easily the worst substance abused in our society. The cost is enormous especially in potential years lost (due to young people dying). For all the bluster about illicit drugs, they are not as lethal as our legal ones. I do admit to having a particular hatred for heroine in our society

Really ! Tell that to Lamar Odom who recently snorted cocaine amongst other shit and now requires a kidney transplant .
Go you good thang !

Ironically, we are happy to take drugs which are sanctioned by our GP... regardless of side effects and long term complications.

Doctors over prescribe and often prescribe for non-existent ailments. Why, because patients want some sort of magic pill rather than accept that they don't have 100% perfect health and that almost no one ever does.

These same drugs marketed by pharmaceutical companies who are profit driven and lobby Governments to approve their use... all because of the almighty dollar. They create anxiety and then provide the solution. Their biggest challenge was that people only bought their drugs when they were sick. So they conjured up ways to get people to visit their GPs and ask for medication more often... once again to increase their profits.

But these drugs are okay because our GP prescribes them.

Who is the bigger idiot?
If you really believe all you have written. You are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jake Carlisle Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back