Traded Jake Lever [traded to Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

Lever would be a tough loss for Adelaide's push for a flag. He provides intercept marking that few others provide and is a secret ingredient of their flag tilt.

Carlton don't really have a direct need (compared to other needs) but the guy is such quality. The Blues couldn't say no if it became apparent he wanted to go to vic.

In all honesty, I really hope he stays with the crows as it was great recruiting and the Crows deserve the rewards. However, if Lever wants to come home what would Crows supporters want in a Gibbs exchange? Note: Going fwd I'd prefer Lever over Gibbs easily so I;m a big fan of Lever as a player.

Straight swap in memory of the Jacobs and Betts deals? I know, i know, don't shout already....sometimes you have to withdraw your appendage, and then turn around and bend over...SoS is waiting...

Agree with this, Crows took the risk on Lever and deserve to reap the rewards.
Was a very astue pick at 14, particularly because there was a local KPD Durdin available, but Crows backed there recruiting team in and its going to pay off.

Mornington region trumps Barossa just a head of Yarra Valley, all very nice though.

Sent from my warped mind

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahaha

Victorian trying to say that Mornington > Barossa.
What a joke

We have the best wines in Australia in SA. Its literally the only thing we have going for us, so dont take it away.

Agree with this, Crows took the risk on Lever and deserve to reap the rewards.
Was a very astue pick at 14, particularly because there was a local KPD Durdin available, but Crows backed there recruiting team in and its going to pay off.

We are the kings of this.
Our supporters always saying we really need to get SA guys (after a Gunston, Tippett and Danger left), but the recruiters are great at finding gems and/or underrated guys.

Matt Crouch in the 20s is another.

Heathcote the best of Vic. But nowhere near a bold Barossa or Claire Valley Riesling.

Like comparing Shuey to Danger. Similar attributes, but I know who I'd prefer.
Warrabilla is mighty close to it.

Lever will remain a Crow. Equally obvious as Sloane and Lynch were in recent years. Likely to be announced some time between the bye and Round 16.

McGovern is the one we will really struggle to retain this year. There is no doubt in my mind that we should've traded Jenkins for a high draft pick and thrown some of the spare coin at McGovern. Elite leap, elite hands, elite speed for his size, elite forward pressure. Rare combo. Jenkins is hugely overrated, especially in tight, contested games (ie finals).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bulldogs are up to there eyeballs in this guy..
Better hope JJ doesn't go to Essendon it will free up $800k......

Our back line has been holding up quite well so I imagine we've cooled on him a bit. Would love him but it's not quite the time to invest in something so expensive. Perhaps in a couple of years this would have been incredible when Dunn and Reid really begin to expire. We need to target forwards.

Going to be way too costly to trade for him, probably shouldn't even bother.

KPD isn't as much of a need as KPF for us. Would rather draft the best available KPF from this year's draft.

Melbourne were into him, but have been informed that he'll stay at Adelaide barring disaster
Heard Melbourne are/were into him too. Apparently was a big Melbourne fan growing up and has family ties to the club (unsure what exactly). But he's an exceptional young talent, I'd be more surprised if Victorian clubs weren't into him.

Uh the afl listed players play SANFL. It's nothing like an academy. You are special aren't you.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah the same way the GFC AFL listed players use the VFL, and more specifically the GFL and local footy divisions as a feeder to test local talent in the VFL Cats and thus the AFL Cats system as they play the same methodology.

Its like using the resources in your own backyard to assess local talent, in your own gameplan, without having to draft them. Try before you buy if you will.

Who's the special one now? :drunk:

Maybe if your lot spent their time being a bit smarter and using their resources available to them instead of complaining about what you don't have, you might actually get some players that dont want to go home every few years.

Go Catters

Yeah the same way the GFC AFL listed players use the VFL, and more specifically the GFL and local footy divisions as a feeder to test local talent in the VFL Cats and thus the AFL Cats system as they play the same methodology.

Its like using the resources in your own backyard to assess local talent, in your own gameplan, without having to draft them. Try before you buy if you will.

Who's the special one now? :drunk:

Maybe if your lot spent their time being a bit smarter and using their resources available to them instead of complaining about what you don't have, you might actually get some players that dont want to go home every few years.

Go Catters
Are you seriously comparing SANFL top-up players to an academy? Are you out of your mind?

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jake Lever [traded to Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back