Recommitted Jake Riccardi [Re-signed to 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

He toured Arden Street in the trade period last year. Obviously nothing came of it.

Been doing pretty well the last few weeks. Probably gets another year at GWS
Would be happy if we were still interested

Surprised he toured last year when in contract.

I think Cadman will end up replacing him so could see him take a decent deal to come home

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have to offer him big $$$$ and use the 2nd round compo pick they need to trade this year as collateral.
They traded it last year

No idea if we are considering him, but he fits us better than Himmelburg IMO, better age profile, good upside as a KPF, and contractually less expensive/less years. Would get us through the next 2-3 years as the 2nd KPF before Lynch retires and then we'd go after another big FA KPF.

He couldn't cost that much in a trade either.

Would suit alot of teams. Would be a much better fit for us next to Wright than Weideman.

I don't think he is good enough to be a number 1 or 2 option at any club. Fairly solid number 3 forward choice though..

Perfect for Hawthorn and their needs (even if they get Georgiades, I assume Breust will retire)

I don't think he is good enough to be a number 1 or 2 option at any club. Fairly solid number 3 forward choice though..

Perfect for Hawthorn and their needs (even if they get Georgiades, I assume Breust will retire)
Breust is not going to retire when he has a contract for 2024 and is still kicking goals each week.

I can understand Hawthorn's interest and back the club's talent identification process and we desperately need a competent 2nd key forward to support Lewis.

Not yet convinced, however, if Riccardi is the answer.

He'll be 24 later this year and he has already been dropped this season. He's failed to kick a goal in half his games this year. He doesn't get much of the ball (never managed an 11 disposal per game season), doesn't take many contested marks (0.75 a game) and doesn't give off many goals (3 assists this year and 13 in his career).

He did kick 3 goals against us but was playing on Scrimshaw who gave him a LOT of latitude/space. He also kicked 3 against Geelong and 5 again Fremantle and I didn't see those games so he may have shown plenty more in those games.

Still, his overall record to date is not that inspiring and not much of an upgrade on our current options.

Hopefully I've got no idea, we get him and he further develops into a very solid option.

I can understand Hawthorn's interest and back the club's talent identification process and we desperately need a competent 2nd key forward to support Lewis.

Not yet convinced, however, if Riccardi is the answer.

He'll be 24 later this year and he has already been dropped this season. He's failed to kick a goal in half his games this year. He doesn't get much of the ball (never managed an 11 disposal per game season), doesn't take many contested marks (0.75 a game) and doesn't give off many goals (3 assists this year and 13 in his career).

He did kick 3 goals against us but was playing on Scrimshaw who gave him a LOT of latitude/space. He also kicked 3 against Geelong and 5 again Fremantle and I didn't see those games so he may have shown plenty more in those games.

Still, his overall record to date is not that inspiring and not much of an upgrade on our current options.

Hopefully I've got no idea, we get him and he further develops into a very solid option.

As I said before, Riccardi is ideally a best third option for any team, and he is a very good set shot kick at goal (something Hawthorn have had issues with this season)

If you get him and Georgiades (for not too much draft capital either) your forward line next season already looks significantly better and you can use your good draft picks on bolstering other needs Hawthorn have around the ground.

Probably a low risk (in terms of trade capital) and high reward player for Hawthorn, especially if Brockman goes (which I think alas is probably going to happen)

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Jake Riccardi [Re-signed to 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back