Traded Jake Stringer [traded to Essendon]

Remove this Banner Ad

Two second round picks isn't a good offer.

For all the bluff and bluster Stringer is contracted to the Bulldogs and they are under no obligation to trade him.

If a trade isn't agreed he either goes back to the Dogs and swallows some pride, pulls his finger out and plays good footy, or he goes back to the Dogs and sooks it up and plays in the VFL, or he cracks it and walks away and is in breach of his contract.

What does workers comp have to do with paid sick leave?
WC could cover you for a significant period of time - whereas paid sick leave would only pay for the period agreed in the contract.

For example - I have x number of days per year for paid sick leave / personal leave (about 4 weeks) - but if I exceed the allowance I can remain off work but need to take leave without pay regardless of how many medical certificates I can produce. That's why people get insurance etc.

Anyhoo - all of this is silly. The Dogs will ultimately be obliged to trade Stringer, and not on the terms they would initially have envisaged. They have played this all wrong from the outset and are getting owned.

I've been in and out of this thread a fair bit (I can't be bothered with all the rubbish sniping and point scoring between WB and Ess supporters), so I might have missed it if this has been suggested before.

It seems to me that 2 x second rounders is a good offer, points wise, but according to WB supporters on here the problem is that WB will only be taking 2 picks in this year's draft and the picks wouldn't be used. I think WB have their own 2nd still (?) but might still use it in a trade (Martin? Schache? other?). However, the current plan is to take their own #9 and their own second to the draft, and two more seconds from Essendon are no use to them. Reports have it that they tried to upgrade the 2 seconds they would get from Essendon with Richmond (for #16 or #17) and with Freo (swap Freo #5 for WB #9 and a second) but both were declined.
It seems no-one values second rounders much and don't want to part with frist rounders. Fair enough.
However, Carlton don't have a second rounder and can't seem to be able to complete a deal with GWS for Kennedy with anything less.
So, how about offering Carlton WB#9 and one (or both) of Essendon's second rounders for their pick #3.
It gets Kennedy to Carlton and still leaves them well placed with pick 9 instead of 3, plus gains them one or two second rounders.
Any thoughts?
I was thinking if they trade Gibbs then try and pounce for 10 or 16, but I doubt they would give 3 up if Freo don't want to give 5 up

What does workers comp have to do with paid sick leave?

Company can refuse to pay for sick leave and/or it's limited by contract and company can bring to courts. Workers comp is statutory and payments can be mandated. In short, it'd lead to a court shit fight where See above.

Anyway it's a poor Connors bluff and doubt Gordon falls for it.

Still tipping Adrian blinks. 18 first rd at nth hr.

DOGS FANS - OMFG ESSENDON ARE SUCH ASSHOLES THEY ARE SO HARD TO DEAL WITH JUST OFFER PICK 11 TO US FOR STRINGER

ESSENDON -
We actually did offer you pick 11, you turned it down.

DOGS FANS - OMFG YOU ARE SO HARD TO DEAL WITH!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No mention of the 2nd round pick coming back which has been widely reported everywhere.

it was never solely pick 11 for Stringer. It was pick 11 for Stringer and our second round.

not true unless quoted from the age trade talk!

I've been in and out of this thread a fair bit (I can't be bothered with all the rubbish sniping and point scoring between WB and Ess supporters), so I might have missed it if this has been suggested before.

It seems to me that 2 x second rounders is a good offer, points wise, but according to WB supporters on here the problem is that WB will only be taking 2 picks in this year's draft and the picks wouldn't be used. I think WB have their own 2nd still (?) but might still use it in a trade (Martin? Schache? other?). However, the current plan is to take their own #9 and their own second to the draft, and two more seconds from Essendon are no use to them. Reports have it that they tried to upgrade the 2 seconds they would get from Essendon with Richmond (for #16 or #17) and with Freo (swap Freo #5 for WB #9 and a second) but both were declined.
It seems no-one values second rounders much and don't want to part with frist rounders. Fair enough.
However, Carlton don't have a second rounder and can't seem to be able to complete a deal with GWS for Kennedy with anything less.
So, how about offering Carlton WB#9 and one (or both) of Essendon's second rounders for their pick #3.
It gets Kennedy to Carlton and still leaves them well placed with pick 9 instead of 3, plus gains them one or two second rounders.
Any thoughts?

Carlton wouldn't that, drop from 3 to 9 just for a pick in the mid 20s and 30.

The dogs will yield to the two second rounders then crawl back to their kennel and hide. They have butchered this trade period and Dodo has made yet another mockery of the list management fraternity. He'll be sipping Grange on Thursday night in celebration of another job well done.
Done pretty well so far actually, Trengove for free and Crozier for a 3rd rounder. Also haven't lost any players

DOGS FANS - OMFG ESSENDON ARE SUCH ASSHOLES THEY ARE SO HARD TO DEAL WITH JUST OFFER PICK 11 TO US FOR STRINGER

ESSENDON -
We actually did offer you pick 11, you turned it down.

DOGS FANS - OMFG YOU ARE SO HARD TO DEAL WITH!
*conveniently forgets to add the other highish pick the Dogs would have to give up in order to get 11

*that wouldn't suit the narrative of the post, wouldn't it

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jake Stringer [traded to Essendon]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back