Speculation Jake Stringer - Trigger for 1 year with Essendon, exploring options

Remove this Banner Ad

Whenever the words "if he can get healthy" are added, the goose is well & truly cooked. Time to move on

Amazes me how often eternally injured players get one over clubs in all sports then to exactly no ones surprise get injured again...
Hogan says hi.

Don’t go tempting fate, ffs!!!!
Sorry My Bad GIF by chuber channel

Very surprised if it is in fact just a 2 year deal that he wants to leave to another state that aint exactly the cheapest state to live in either

Maybe hard to go back on his words of telling people 'hes played his last game at essendon'

Surely back yourself in on a one year deal, very likely get another years deal

but whether im happy or not will depend on what we get in return

F2, Stone, 57, 60 and 78 is what id want (Happy to get that if Shiel wants to leave aswell to them in the same package)

Last edited:
Very surprised if it is in fact just a 2 year deal that he wants to leave to another state that aint exactly the cheapest state to live in either

Maybe hard to go back on his words of telling people 'hes played his last game at essendon'

Surely back yourself in on a one year deal, very likely get another years deal

but whether im happy or not will depend on what we get in return

F2, Stone, 57, 60 and 78 is what id want (Happy to get that if Shiel wants to leave aswell to them in the same package)
who knows? Maybe he just wants a chance to play finals?
GWS will get him for about what we paid for Hogan.

who knows? Maybe he just wants a chance to play finals?
GWS will get him for about what we paid for Hogan.

Very low priority. He wants 2 years and he'll go to whoever is offering that.

Having said that, I love the fit for him at GWS. Think he could do very well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hogan says hi.
Hogan dealt with cancer and the loss of his father IIRC. Plus a bad foot injury at the Demons.

I feel like he overcame far more than most footballers and he always presented in better shape than Stringer. TBH I was surprised you managed to pick him up at cheap as the risk vs v reward was worth any team asking the question

Hogan dealt with cancer and the loss of his father IIRC. Plus a bad foot injury at the Demons.

I feel like he overcame far more than most footballers and he always presented in better shape than Stringer. TBH I was surprised you managed to pick him up at cheap as the risk vs v reward was worth any team asking the question
Interviews with Hogan recently have said he and his manager leaked that they were in talks with multiple clubs but the truth was there was only the Giants.
Hope he stays healthy enough to get the life time membership accolade at the club (I know it ain’t much but to me it always felt like a big deal), he has done so well turning things around. Unbelievable.
Stringer is definitely a different kind of off field drama, but you can always turn things around and have faith in the cub being able to tell if he really does want that.

Interviews with Hogan recently have said he and his manager leaked that they were in talks with multiple clubs but the truth was there was only the Giants.
Hope he stays healthy enough to get the life time membership accolade at the club I know it ain’t much but to me it always felt like a big deal), he has done so well turning things around. Unbelievable.
Stringer is definitely a different kind of off field drama, but you can always turn things around and have faith in the cub being able to tell if he really does want that.
Stringer is what he is, he's not changing at this stage of his career.

Hogan was one of the feel-good stories of 2024. If Stringer's year next year is even 10% of how people reacted to Hogan, any team would be happy with that outcome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jake Stringer - Trigger for 1 year with Essendon, exploring options

Remove this Banner Ad

Back