Speculation Jake Stringer - Trigger for 1 year with Essendon, exploring options

Remove this Banner Ad

werent bomber fans saying stringer for collingwood second round pick minimum back when they were interested?
One bloke said that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think Stringer could be a bigger loss than Essendon realise.

There's always opportunity for new players to step up but they had only 2 players kick 20 goals or more in 2024.

Those 2 were Langford with 43 goals and Stringer with 42. It's a cliche, but it also felt like he would often kick goals at 'important times' too.

Think Stringer could be a bigger loss than Essendon realise.

There's always opportunity for new players to step up but they had only 2 players kick 20 goals or more in 2024.

Those 2 were Langford with 43 goals and Stringer with 42. It's a cliche, but it also felt like he would often kick goals at 'important times' too.
The opportunities that were created for Stringer will be spread out among the other fowards. Caddy will benefit most, and I expect Wright will pick himself back up. Kako will play, Gresham might see more forward opportunities etc

I know Jake has his shortcomings but Johno is having a laugh if he thinks Riccardi is getting picked ahead of him.
Agree.I dont get Johnno here.He actually tips Giants for the 25 premiership.So Stringer would take Keefe,Riccardi or Browns position?.Keefe didnt perform in finals and he was picked ahead of Riccardi who hadnt consolidated his position really before his finger injury.

Is Riccardi capable of 42 goals like Stringer.?No...Brown wasnt exactly beating down the door to play finals at the end of 25.Hepefully he can find form again but competition for spots is a good thing ....I will concede it may mean Cadman if not Riccardi has to play 2nd ruck which isnt ideal..However most teams struggle with this and thankfully Daniher has retired from that perspective..Oh sorry bad memories are now coming back.Of all the times in his career why did Joey have to kick straight against us in that last quarter ffs

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jake Stringer - Trigger for 1 year with Essendon, exploring options

Remove this Banner Ad

Back