Speculation Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s kicked 33 goals this season and has had plenty of midfield time. You would think by reading this thread those players are can be picked up anywhere

Doesn’t really spend much time in the midfield just attends centre bounces. Where his effectiveness has dropped this season imo.

I think he stays and we just pay him overs to accept a 1 year deal. He can quite clearly still contribute but the end is near

Doesn’t really spend much time in the midfield just attends centre bounces. Where his effectiveness has dropped this season imo.

I think he stays and we just pay him overs to accept a 1 year deal. He can quite clearly still contribute but the end is near
I suspect he stays and gets less money than he likes when other clubs offer him 'just market' rates.
He's still good for a crazy X factor moment inside 50 every few weeks.

I suspect he stays and gets less money than he likes when other clubs offer him 'just market' rates.
He's still good for a crazy X factor moment inside 50 every few weeks.
He is the cream on top for a team looking to compete in the next couple of years, who has the basis of a solid team already set.

A team like a Melbourne could use him, or Carlton if they wanted to get frisky.

He is the cream on top for a team looking to compete in the next couple of years, who has the basis of a solid team already set.

A team like a Melbourne could use him, or Carlton if they wanted to get frisky.

Would work well at the Blues.

Until he took a dump on the CEO’s deck.

He’s kicked 33 goals this season and has had plenty of midfield time. You would think by reading this thread those players are can be picked up anywhere
We delisted Dan Menzel with him having kicked 2 goals a game average for the previous four seasons. He missed a few games in his last season for us and kicked 27 from his 13, but kicked 40 the year before.

For the 37 mins a season where he looks like Gary Ablett Snr hes' great.

For the rest of the 10000000000000 mins he drops his head and pouts too much.

Thought he might get his shit together better there for a while but it just never happened.

Cant see who would want him now. Just doesnt add enough.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geees there’s some harsh markers of footballers here. FWIW given his age, contract status and injury history I don’t think he is worth anything on the trade table but he has been bloody good for us since coming over.
Gee you have set the bar low for him. In 6 years never had a top 3 finish in your best and fairest and 1 top ten finish.

That’s not bloody good.

Gee you have set the bar low for him. In 6 years never had a top 3 finish in your best and fairest and 1 top ten finish.

That’s not bloody good.

199 goals from 119 games, going at 1.7 a game whilst pinch hitting in the mids is good going. There’s only 25 players averaging more than 1.7 a game this season so to do that over 6 years is a tick from me.

In fact, Cameron “5 years” Zurhaar has only average over 1.7 goals per game in one season in his career. Back in your box pls bill 🥊

199 goals from 119 games, going at 1.7 a game whilst pinch hitting in the mids is good going. There’s only 25 players averaging more than 1.7 a game this season so to do that over 6 years is a tick from me.

In fact, Cameron “5 years” Zurhaar has only average over 1.7 goals per game in one season in his career. Back in your box pls bill 🥊
Thanks stat man - unlike the ess coaches you have been impressed by his lack of professionalism and laziness.

Cam has finished top 10 in the last 4 years at North.

I’ll leave it to the coaches to choose how good the players are going.

Thanks stat man - unlike the ess coaches you have been impressed by his lack of professionalism and laziness.

I’ll leave it to the coaches to choose how good the players are going

Haha top 10 in a north bnf last 4 years, how many times have north not been the worst team in the comp in those 4 years?

Stringer is far too injury prone and doesn’t fit Essendons timeline but he would make every teams best 22 if healthy.

are you really leaning into these results as some form of basis that stringer is no good and Zurhaar is worth 5 years? Yikes, you know the difference between causation and correlation right?

The same reason Zurhaar can finish top 10 is the same reason north stink.

Zurhaar 9th, north 2nd last

Zurhaar 7th, north last

Zurhaar 7th, north last

Zurhaar 10th, north second last

There is a good reason you got him for peanuts and a good reason there aren’t clubs looking to get him.

But hey - lazy and unaccountable footballers are the reason we celebrate 20 years in 2024.

LOL

There's nothing more funny then a norf supporter hanging their hat on a player finishing top 10 in their best and fairest count in arguably for one of the worst teams we've seen in decades.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back