Speculation Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

Should just walk into Rosas office and quit this morning.

He wants 2 years, hes not asking for 4. Some of the absolute donuts that Essendon have on long term deals include:

Duursma - Struggles at the level
Mcgrath until the start of next decade
Redman - What has happened here??
Gresham - Goodness me
Mckay - $$$$$

Stringer has kicked 42 goals this year. Where are they replacing 42 gaols next season? 2MP might be on the move and its way too much to expect that from Caddy.

Stringer walks into heaps of clubs forward lines. Would look awesome at Collingwood or even Prot Adelaide.

He has to back himself and head off elsewhere.

He wants 2 years, hes not asking for 4. Some of the absolute donuts that Essendon have on long term deals include:

Gresham - Goodness me
Mckay - $$$$$

Stringer has kicked 42 goals this year. Where are they replacing 42 gaols next season? 2MP might be on the move and its way too much to expect that from Caddy.

Stringer walks into heaps of clubs forward lines. Would look awesome at Collingwood or even Prot Adelaide.

Fortunately we have such informed posters as you to pull us donuts into line :rolleyes:

Your evident understanding of our forward line mix and the issues it has is unmatched.

Gresham - Goodness me
Mckay - $$$$$

Amongst all your shit takes, this is one of the worst.

Duursma would be top 10 in votes per game of our BnF. I look forward to you quoting this when he doesn't finish top 10 in the BnF.
McGrath is a very good small defender. Maybe a touch too long but that's the free agency market.
Redman had a bad year. I'll back him to come back better.
Gresham is contracted for 3 years. Since when is that a long term contract?
McKay is a good key defender who's year 3-6 will be on about the average wage.

You should stick to talking about something you know about. I'm not sure what that is, but it isn't football

Amongst all your shit takes, this is one of the worst.

Duursma would be top 10 in votes per game of our BnF. I look forward to you quoting this when he doesn't finish top 10 in the BnF.

McGrath is a very good small defender. Maybe a touch too long but that's the free agency market.
Redman had a bad year. I'll back him to come back better.
Gresham is contracted for 3 years. Since when is that a long term contract?
McKay is a good key defender who's year 3-6 will be on about the average wage.

You should stick to talking about something you know about. I'm not sure what that is, but it isn't football

Are Duursma and Gresham better players than Stringer?

Are Duursma and Gresham better players than Stringer?
Duursma is as good as Stringer and also 23. Stringer 30. Name me the last 30 year old who received a 3+ year contract?

Duursma is as good as Stringer and also 23. Stringer 30. Name me the last 30 year old who received a 3+ year contract?

Jack Viney literally last week.

Stringer isn't asking for 3 years. He wants 2, and Essendon are treating him poorly.

He should walk.

He is better than some of the players on 3+ Year deals.

Jack Viney literally last week.

Stringer isn't asking for 3 years. He wants 2, and Essendon are treating him poorly.

He should walk.

He is better than some of the players on 3+ Year deals.
Yeah, and what in the past 6 weeks has said that Melbourne are the paragon of a stable club making good decisions?

I don't think you know what you're talking about. Scratch that, I know that for a fact. Right now our forward line is extremely dysfunctional and a lot of it is to do with the fact that we're unbalanced with Caddy, Wright/Draper/Bryan, Langford and Stringer. The last two in particular are a big issue as they're functional smalls but aren't great pressure wise. Would I sacrifice 20 goals replacing him if it means out pressure increases? Absolutely.

Being "better" than someone is only part of the decision. Pendlebury is better than 90% of Collingwood's list but he's not getting a 3 year deal. Same with Howe. Or Fyfe at Freo. You know why? Because age is a factor in how many years you get.

Herald Sun going into bat for "loveable rogue" Jake Stringer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unbelievable. Stringer is a cancer, reckon he's the last thing GC need.

that is a very shit take.

Stringer has his issues, but he also came 12th in the Coleman with 42 goals which is respectable.

I'm against putting him on a 3-year contract, but a cancer?

Think he’s done as centre bounce player but still has a fair bit to offer as a permanent forward.

That being said as a non KPP who doesn’t cover the ground that well you can see why teams wouldn’t be lining up for his services.

Much to my surprise, Mason Wood
Liam Jones as well.

It's all moot - for Stringer's faults, 40+ goal per year players just aren't available so someone will ask the question with a 2 year offer.

Sydney
Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Are you mixing Durham and Duursma up? He is far from good and Stringer is much better - just lazy.

Mason Wood signed a 3 year contract today and he is nearly 31.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back