Speculation Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies bound.

Handy forward line next season.

McStay Mihocek as the bigs.
String and Elliot as marking options.
Bobby and Schultz as the smalls.

Rotate JDG/McCreery through as a mid/fwd (Feel like Fly really wants to play McCreery as a mid).

lol, Collingwood.

I wonder how the fans will feel

In all my years of going to the footy I’ve never heard a player abused like what Stringer cops each and every ANZAC Day.

I don’t know why - he doesn’t even get it against the Dogs, who seem to have forgotten all about him.

Collingwood supporters absolutely bloody despise him for some reason.

Part of it is the ANZAC Day environment I guess, you’ve never seen so many Collingwood supporters absolutely rolling drunk as that one day a year.

lol, Collingwood.

In all my years of going to the footy I’ve never heard a player abused like what Stringer cops each and every ANZAC Day.

I don’t know why - he doesn’t even get it against the Dogs, who seem to have forgotten all about him.

Part of it is the ANZAC Day environment I guess, you’ve never seen so many Collingwood supporters absolutely rolling drunk as that one day a year.
Nah that's every game

Has it ever been made clear how this trigger works? Like is Stringer currently contracted for 2025 or is it just an option that both parties have to agree on being executed.

It's interesting because if it's been triggered and there is no clause for both to agree, it's a bit rich for Stringer to be trying to renegotiate his deal. He already agreed to the deal in the first place.

Essendon should be holding him to his contract and indicating that they will only trade him if they are getting overs.

Certain players if they were in his position, I could understand renegotiating the terms, but not a mercenary like Stringer.

lol, Collingwood.

Stringer is a flog of the highest order . It's his carry on like he's won the flag when he kicks a goal . See his carry on in the 3rd quarter of Anzac day last year when he thought he'd kicked the winner. His flogish whinging to the umpires too .

That said if he comes to us he'll be our flog and will be loved provided he is performing . Go and see what Hawthorn fans thought of Ginnivan when he played for us .

Stringer is a flog of the highest order . It's his carry on like he's won the flag when he kicks a goal . See his carry on in the 3rd quarter of Anzac day last year when he thought he'd kicked the winner. His flogish whinging to the umpires too .

That said if he comes to us he'll be our flog and will be loved provided he is performing . Go and see what Hawthorn fans thought of Ginnivan when he played for us .

So he’s a flog of the highest order… because he celebrates goals?

Interesting measuring stick.

lol, Collingwood.

I want no part of him at my club and will not be supporting him in the slightest if he joins.

**** Stringer.

lol, Collingwood.

What? We love Collingwood forward Jake Stringer. :hearteyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Collingwood’s abundance of speedy pressure forwards; Stringer will have his work made easier inside forward fifty ideally at Collingwood. He kicked 42 goals this year despite all the criticism; it’s no wonder we’d be interested for the right price. Only Mihocek has kicked 40 in a H&A season for Collingwood since Cloke was last AA in 2013.

Riding on fully fit seasons from Elliott and even McStay and Mihocek at their ages is ballsy if we’re trying to contend. He will boost depth massively.

Has it ever been made clear how this trigger works? Like is Stringer currently contracted for 2025 or is it just an option that both parties have to agree on being executed.

It's interesting because if it's been triggered and there is no clause for both to agree, it's a bit rich for Stringer to be trying to renegotiate his deal. He already agreed to the deal in the first place.

Essendon should be holding him to his contract and indicating that they will only trade him if they are getting overs.

Certain players if they were in his position, I could understand renegotiating the terms, but not a mercenary like Stringer.

Essendon would be absolute pricks to hold him.

He has been told he won't get another contract, I can't imagine Essendon holding him to that 1 year deal.

This is Scott making big changes.

Pretty sure both Bulldogs and Bombers supporters could have told old Mitch about his lack of defensive chase if he'd asked without having to bother coaches with the question

Stringer is a burst player, always has been always will be. You have to have the right pieces around him to make it work. He's there to kick goals and take the odd CBA. other guys need to do his share of the hard work

Essendon would be absolute pricks to hold him.

He has been told he won't get another contract, I can't imagine Essendon holding him to that 1 year deal.

This is Scott making big changes.
Pricks for holding him to a contract he agreed to?

People really have weird opinions on contracts.

Firstly, I’ll believe it when it’s a done deal or he at least nominates us.
Secondly, I’m not in the abuse category you mention, (he can be a smart arse though).
When he’s on, we haven’t got anyone to stop him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back