Speculation Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon this will be a late deal.

Collingwood, Sydney and likely one or two others will wait to do other deals first knowing Stringer won't be an expensive trade once they do turn their attention to him.
pies arent going there.
Especially not now, the club was already divided over it, this pushes it over the edge. We dont' need the drama.
Already put a line through him yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two second round picks is fantasy stuff. I don’t think he will be traded for a bag of stale chicken twisties either, he’s contracted for another season. One pick in the 30’s (given academy & FS bids, those picks will drift out) will get the deal done.

Why would you trade out a cheap salaried (he signed it) 40 goal a year, under contract forward.

Answer - You probably only trade that sort of player if you know they'll shit in the nest and be a disruption.

Essendon need to make a stand, either way

And now I've read to the end of the thread.... who's option is the 2025 season?
In the AFL triggers need to be agreed to by both parties to be activated

Why would anybody touch Stringer given all his issues?

Surely no way Swannies infect their strong culture with his type.

Collingwood on the other hand…
It's very difficult to overestimate the negative effect of a bad apple in a team - particularly if they are a good player.

I remember when Fevola finally left Carlton, and a senior Carlton figure said that it was the little things that put a breath of fresh air through the club. The example that he cited was Fevola making snide comments when he caught young players putting in extra gym sessions - that kind of thing.

It's very difficult to overestimate the negative effect of a bad apple in a team - particularly if they are a good player.

I remember when Fevola finally left Carlton, and a senior Carlton figure said that it was the little things that put a breath of fresh air through the club. The example that he cited was Fevola making snide comments when he caught young players putting in extra gym sessions - that kind of thing.
Hunter was notorious for doing the same thing at the Dogs

Indeed - Fev was mercurial at Carlton but flawed.

Looks like Stringer’s baggage on a whole other level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back