Speculation Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

Assume it was this video

"We shouldn't judge who's a good guy and who's a bad guy", says bad guy

You can see that Hind immediately blurts out the "you don't wanna know!" line, before shitting his pants, realising that was a bad move, and immediately moving on to paint it as a little less skeezy.

Also - I would not be catching up "everyday" with someone I'd just met a few months back. What a moron.

Stringer is the cautionary tale any gifted junior should be told.

Yes, you'll be popular, you'll be rich. Girls will want you and guys will want to be you if you play your cards right. But you are going to attract a lot of hangers on.

A lot of them will be fairly innocent - you might not need to trawl tinder looking for a thursday night root on a whim which for a bloke in their 20s is probably all they want.

But there are some hangers on that won't be innocent and they can and will use you, or at the very least will mean you get implicated in shit you don't want.

Anyone got the video?

Remember seeing it on channel 7
The Roaming Brian bit?

I’m on my phone and haven’t got the vid on me, but if you have 7Plus, find Roaming Brian’s episode round 17 I think - Bombers vs Collingwood. The Hind bit is halfway through

Cal Twomey:

Craig McRae has had interest in him because there’s an appealing factor about it. He could probably produce 50 goals in Collingwood’s forward line, but there’s other factors too.

It's silly season again. Stringer has kicked 50 goals in a season once, and by next season that's 10 years ago in 2015. He kicked 42 in a premiership team that played four finals on top of the regular season in 2016 (23 games total) The bloke played his 23 games last year for 42 goals again but before that hadn't played more than 19 in a season since 2018.

Is Twomey auditioning for a gig at the Herald Don?

Cal Twomey:

It's silly season again. Stringer has kicked 50 goals in a season once, and by next season that's 10 years ago in 2015. He kicked 42 in a premiership team that played four finals on top of the regular season in 2016 (23 games total) The bloke played his 23 games last year for 42 goals again but before that hadn't played more than 19 in a season since 2018.

Is Twomey auditioning for a gig at the Herald Don?

Also have to wonder why they kicked out Ginnivan for nothing if they are okay with bringing in Stringer.

Have to assume his manager made this up. Collingwood surely arent that stupid.

No one doubts Stringer has the talent to kick goals. He averages 1.73 goals a game across his career and provides a spark few other players can with his burst of acceleration – and a leg that kicks goals from unlikely positions.

There are knocks on his defensive pressure, his consistency, and whether the goals come against the strongest of his opponents.

Sydney have been linked to the goalkicker, but a senior source who preferred to remain anonymous to discuss list issues said the Swans have had no discussions with Stringer’s management about him playing for the club.

Collingwood kicked the tyres on Stringer, but eventually decided he was not the player for them

The thing that might turn the tables in Stringer's favour would be if the Swans, in either the Prelim or the GF, have a torrent of inside fifties and yet manage to lose the game.

Same way that Schoenmakers had a bad 2012, the Hawks failed at the last step, got Lake in and won a flag.

Will say it again.

Will be traded but it will come late.

Teams know he wants out and we want him out so he will come cheap.

There is no rush.

He will be dealt for a 4th rounder late. At best we will get a third rounders by sending our fourth with him.

Will say it again.

Will be traded but it will come late.

Teams know he wants out and we want him out so he will come cheap.

There is no rush.

He will be dealt for a 4th rounder late. At best we will get a third rounders by sending our fourth with him.
I’m not so certain that he will find a buyer.

It does speak volumes to some degree that Essendon - the club most in dire need of a marking forward bar perhaps Richmond - is letting him go, and the Dogs were equally happy to cash in before.

Collingwood officially ruled themselves out?

I think Sydney and Cats will have a very good look at this

If were only getting a 3rd rounder, id almost rather just keep him

Im surprised at the lack of interest a little. Although when you look at just Vic clubs there arent many in the window right now, and those that are, maybe already have quality forwards

Hawks have a look? Surely hes better than what Gunston is going to offer on field

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not so certain that he will find a buyer.

It does speak volumes to some degree that Essendon - the club most in dire need of a marking forward bar perhaps Richmond - is letting him go, and the Dogs were equally happy to cash in before.
Stringer isn't exactly a marking forward.
Our forward line is too unbalanced as it is, we really need to drop a medium for another small (Though actually having quality smalls on the list would help, here's praying Kako is it).

If it comes down to Langford vs Stringer it's a no brainer for that medium forward spot.

As it is we're apparently happy enough to keep him for his contract, but don't want to extend for another year. Absolutely the right call

Collingwood officially ruled themselves out?

I think Sydney and Cats will have a very good look at this

If were only getting a 3rd rounder, id almost rather just keep him

Im surprised at the lack of interest a little. Although when you look at just Vic clubs there arent many in the window right now, and those that are, maybe already have quality forwards

Hawks have a look? Surely hes better than what Gunston is going to offer on field

If there is 2 teams who I just cannot imagine would be interested, its Sydney and the Cats. He is absolutely not the type of player they are interested in.

The reason there isnt much interest is because he has been a good but not great player for the last 9 seasons. He has made a career out of being a 1-way running forward who goes into the middle a couple of times a game.

If there is 2 teams who I just cannot imagine would be interested, its Sydney and the Cats. He is absolutely not the type of player they are interested in.

The reason there isnt much interest is because he has been a good but not great player for the last 9 seasons. He has made a career out of being a 1-way running forward who goes into the middle a couple of times a game.
Geelong looked at him pretty hard before and said no after the interview.

IMO he is one of those de Goey style players who could have been exceptional, but settled for quite good.

Isn't he exactly the type Sydney grab. A productive player who could do with some space from the people he associates with in Melbourne as well as the fishbowl media

Hilarious yet I bet you the second a club possibly takes him the conversation will turn into "What a get! Could be anything!" and he'll be talked about in the equation of said club's premiership chances. Nothing surer. Bookmark it.

Kicked 42 in a struggling side. While there is doubts on whether that warrants an extension on top of what's already there, particlarly for us as a developing side, that's still a pretty good effort and an asset to a team looking to contend. Proper offers only.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back