Speculation Jake Waterman trade value?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Jake signed an underwhelming two year extension to 2025. Has had a breakout year and will be getting under market salary in 2025. Reasonably will ask to rengotiate and extend as this could be his peak value and potentially biggest contract.

Media running the hypothectical clubs needing more goal kicking power should enquire. Melbourne and North logical clubs interested, Essendon as well IMO.

What would it take to trade out? Will be a FA in 2025 so a pre-agent

Last edited:
Jake signed an underwhelming two year extension to 2025. Has had a breakout year and will be getting under market salary in 2025. Reasonably will ask to rengotiate and extend as this could be his peak value and potentially biggest contract.

Media running the hypothectical clubs needing more goal kicking power should enquire. Melbourne and North logical clubs interested, Essendon as well IMO.

What would it take to trade out? Will be a FA in 202 so a pre-agent
Top 10 and if I was North of the Hawks I'd be all over it.

Would WC fans accept North's future first for him?

Rose Mciver Reaction GIF by CBS

I would give our first pick this year pick 2 at minute for him and Eagles 2nd.

Makes perfect sense for a rebuilding team to put a guy like Waterman on the open market.

Pretty amazing that North fans seem keenest given they're in the same boat.

You'd reckon a finals team like Melbourne/Sydney/Geelong/Collingwood makes way more sense, at least for Jake's sake

Top 10 pick at the very least, id probably be content with pick 8 or better this year. We would get band 1 compo if he leaves next year as a FA anyway.

I think we can afford to lose him with Jack Williams demanding game time and Archer Reid not that far off.

Dont want a future first, has to be a pick this year, otherwise we may as well keep him for a year

Who might be interested and able to realistically get a trade done?
Id assume North, Tigers, Crows, Hawks, Demons are the main potential suitors who need a KPF

Would WC fans accept North's future first for him?
Id prefer a 2024 pick, if you could find someone to swap it with in the top 6-8 then id be more interested. If its a future pick we may as well wait for free agency band 1 compo and still get to keep Waterman for another year

I rate him very highly and he's such a dire need that I'd pay an arm and a leg for him. probably 2 firsts and plenty of cash. I wouldn't give a pick in the top 5 for him though. It also depends on whether the dees are going to rebuild on the run or have a full on tilt. It also depends if Petty leaves and what pick we get from that. Let's say Waterman has 6 seasons left at 26 years old, I'd want the Dees to be sure of the direction we're heading in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean, there has to be some concern from WC part of his form is flash in the pan stuff. Wouldn't be the first player to have one blinder season then fall back. If you could get a top 10 pick for him I think they'd have to be really tempted

Don't think so.
Goal kickers always have more currency.

On target to kick 50 goals.
A father son recruit.

Can't see the club moving him on.

Then again, it is silly season.
One supporter on here wants to get rid of Oscar Allen.

FMD.
Yea couldn’t resist not putting the 😉emoji in there.

That said seems to be leaning towards baker probably picking you guys and I think Pyke (with Matty Clarke there now )are determined to bring in talent any way they can .

If you can get away with your second with perhaps f3 thrown in it’s a decent deal

As for watermarn yeah got me ****ed why WC would even entertain a deal for him now he’s exploded .(outside of north offering f1 )
Along with Allan gives you guys a great kpf combo to build around .

Last edited:
I mean, there has to be some concern from WC part of his form is flash in the pan stuff. Wouldn't be the first player to have one blinder season then fall back. If you could get a top 10 pick for him I think they'd have to be really tempted
I did wonder bout this , just for the fact the improvement is pretty much unprecedented as far I can recall for a player that’s basically only ever been average his entire career.

Still think WC should back him in tho .
Him and Allan is a pretty decent fwd combo to build around, especially as kpf are always the hardest to find and generally take the longest

Yea couldn’t resist not putting the 😉emoji in there.

That said seems to be leaning towards baker probably picking you guys and I think Pyke (with Matty Clarke there now )are determined to bring in talent any way they can .

If you can get away with your second with perhaps f3 thrown in it’s a decent deal

As for watermarn yeah got me ****ed why WC would even entertain a deal for him now he’s exploded .(outside of north offering f1 )
Along with Allan gives you guys a great kpf combo to build around .
Our problem is we have Jack Williams who looks like a long term full forward and Archer Reid who from early signs seems like he will be a very good player too.
Cant fit Allen, Waterman, Williams and A.Reid in the same forward line.

Our problem is we have Jack Williams who looks like a long term full forward and Archer Reid who from early signs seems like he will be a very good player too.
Cant fit Allen, Waterman, Williams and A.Reid in the same forward line.
There is absolutely no signs that Williams looks like an afl calibre player, let alone someone to pin your hopes on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back