Rumour Jamar a Magpie in 2013?

Remove this Banner Ad

COLLINGWOOD is expected to emerge as front-runner to win a race for Melbourne All-Australian big man Mark Jamar.

• Melbourne big man Mark Jamar (pictured) as attracting interest as an AFL free agent
    Getty Images

Jamar is out of contract at the end of the season and is understood to now be firmly in Magpies sights in the finals stages of travelled premiership big man Darren Jolly’s career.
Jamar, 28, is looming as one of the biggest possible movers at the end of the season in the AFL’s new month-long trade period through October.
He can move to a new club of his choice at the end of this season for the first time as a free agent.

It's really just an Opinion Peace but it must becoming from Stories going Around.

So Nothing really in it but Intresting Article

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2012/05/30/jamar-on-collingwood-radar/

Wouldn't say no :)
IMO there's no use in waiting for Ceglar/Witts to be ready (they can hone their skills in the VFL a few more years). We need a ready-made ruckman now!
Jolly is contracted for next season isn't he? Could we play both?

The writer of this fairy tale doesnt even mention the salary cap. Maybe in his world, it doesn't exist.

I just wish that I could get a job making up stuff like this.

btw...thats a very good sneeze

I honestly rekon he has already agreed to come to us. I dont know if I should be happy or angry becuase that means more salary cap problems and also it could mean Jolly has hinted to the club he will retire. Jamar is also not young but however he could be our ruckman for 2-3 years until Witts and Ceglar are ready to play AFL football.

This story is crap in my opinion.

The club would surely be trying to sign Sidebottom, Beams, Wellingham, Reid, Cloke etc before even considering what they'll do in the post season Free Agency period.

They should be doing Both

After a certain length of time I believe the player doesnt need to give the club the option of matching a contract. Therefore he can come to Collingwood for less money in the hope for success. I'm not sure if Jamar falls under this catergory however

They should be doing Both

Not really. They wouldn't be worrying about future expenses and salary issues now, when they need to be focusing on fitting all our current players under the cap.

Current players now, future players later.

Keeping this current group together is a must and anything after that is a bonus.

After a certain length of time I believe the player doesnt need to give the club the option of matching a contract. Therefore he can come to Collingwood for less money in the hope for success. I'm not sure if Jamar falls under this catergory however

He does cos he's an unrestricted free agent (10 years of service)

Would be worth getting rid of someone just to get him - can't win a premiership without a competitive ruckman, Jolly is about finished and Jamar is very competitive.

Very True Jamar is a Unrestricted Free Agent so he can go where he wants for any price the Club Plays

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...ins-on-october-1/story-e6frf3e3-1226301875715

Matthew Bate Unrestricted
Lynden Dunn Unrestricted
Brad Green Unrestricted
Mark Jamar Unrestricted
Brent Moloney Restricted
Jared Rivers Unrestricted

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...ins-on-october-1/story-e6frf3e3-1226301875715

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be worth getting rid of someone just to get him - can't win a premiership without a competitive ruckman, Jolly is about finished and Jamar is very competitive.
IF you were going to get rid of anyone it would not be our current NO.1 ruckman.
You'd look further down the list.
Not that I favor this tack.

I'll start my own rumour; (with some basis of truth)

Will Minson will be a Pie in 2013.

Apparently someone in charge at Collingwood (who may or may not have the initials NB) likes the cut of Big Wills' jib.:D

Big Will is also an unrestricted free agent.

Apparently someone in charge at Collingwood (who may or may not have the initials NB) likes the cut of Big Wills' jib.:D

I'll take Wil, but at what cost?

Well Robbo is running with it on AFL 360 - take from that what you will. Would rather Jamar than Minson personally, just because he's a nice stop gap for a few years of development into our young rucks and he's an awesome ruckman.

And he looks like he could be Dawes' brother.

Well makes just as much since at the Moment as the Jamar One;)

Salary cap not an issue because he is an unrestricted free agent. There is no way we can pay him market value so if he comes it will be on small money to try and win a flag. The benefits of being a pies premiership player will make up for it. So what I'm saying is IF he comes it will be for success not money. Class ruckman ill be stoked if it happens.

Will not be happy if we go for Minson.
I'd say we have a ranking of the free agent ruckman, and no doubt Jamar would be on top, but if GWS or the Suns offer him 700k we won't be matching it, which may leave us with a Minson type to assist Jolly for one more year.

If GWS poach a ruckman like Warnock, go for big Giles who is in sensational form...

Might cost us something, but if he wanted out I'd snap him up, 25 years old is perfect as well.

May as well start the rumour now, Giles to Collingwood in 2013.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Jamar a Magpie in 2013?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back