James Aish vs Marcus Bontempelli

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bontempelli does look a thoughbred. Would maybe just go Aish but if either were to ever find their way to Port Adelaide I would be fairly wrapped.

If this poll was started on Saturday then Aish would get 99% of the votes. I love Bonti, but hardly anybody would have known that he had played an AFL game that wasn't a Dogs supporter, whereas Aish has played a bit and turned in a couple of amazing performances.

Way too early to tell. WAY too early.

exactly as it was at the draft:
Aish currently better accomplished and a more complete player.
Bonts more potential. Rolls Royce material physically

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really wanted Aish and he was the "safe" option at draft time. I feel very confident Aish is going to be a very good player however Bonti has a higher ceiling/scope for improvement but is a riskier proposition. Personally I'd still take Aish, think his a future 250 gamer and would of preferred to have taken him however IF Bonti can reach his potential (I have a few reservations) he could easily be the best player of the draft and better than Aish. As for the poll Aish is better now and should have a very solid career while Bonti will take time but could be a superstar of the comp (not sure Aish has the potential to be a "superstar"). Dogs future mids look good with Libba, Macrae and Bonti running around for the next 10 years

Last edited:
Great game by Bonti today, one of the very few who stood up amongst a shower of crap. 24 touches 1 goal

At draft time last year, I preferred Aish. Still think Aish overall has had the better year, has been solid all year whereas Bontempelli has only really come on in the last two rounds. But those last two games were damn good. Was even better this week albeit in a losing team.

Pretty much changed my mind now, one of my favourite players from the draft. I also didn't wan't Macrae in 2012, so it shows that I know jack shit.

At draft time last year, I preferred Aish. Still think Aish overall has had the better year, has been solid all year whereas Bontempelli has only really come on in the last two rounds. But those last two games were damn good. Was even better this week albeit in a losing team.

Pretty much changed my mind now, one of my favourite players from the draft. I also didn't wan't Macrae in 2012, so it shows that I know jack shit.
It's going to be a good poll!!

He kicked a couple of good goals, he missed an important tackle on Grimes who kicked a goal as a result though. Not sure you could argue he was better than Aish last night. I'm still not convinced on Bonts field kicking.

Aish is an excellent excellent footballer, and he reinforced that notion last night... but Bontempelli's a freak, just an absolute freak.

You can't beat freaks; sorry, you just can't.

Jared Brennan would be a point against you here.

Absolute freak of a player, for about 10minutes of a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back