James Frawley

Remove this Banner Ad

He would demand a 1st round pick and i think there would be a number of clubs after him, But he is contracted so i cant see melb letting him go.

He wanted out last year to St Kilda apparently but the Demons refused to trade.

Surely they'd trade him this year rather then possibly lose him for nothing next year when he becomes a FA.

Would like him at North. Can't give up our first rounder (McDonald) and anything I can see Melbourne wanting off us are untouchables (or what I would consider - based on contracts from the club etc)

So we would be no chance. GC would have a look possibly? They have Warnock and a couple of good kids (Thompson the main one?) but Frawley can play third tall as well and provide experience. They would probably give up a youngster and second rounder or something of similar value.

He's probably worth an early first rounder for Melbourne to get him to go, but if Frawley was asking to leave I wouldn't be starting so high - probably a 2nd rounder, Melbourne say get ****ed and then you would hopefully nut out a deal with a fringe player (a young tough midfielder?) + the 2nd rounder.

Two first rounders or a top 5 pick - Melbourne would be crazy to let him go. Possibly the best young defender in the competition. Contracted to the end of 2014.

He wanted out last year to St Kilda apparently but the Demons refused to trade.

Surely they'd trade him this year rather then possibly lose him for nothing next year when he becomes a FA.

Could you at least try to cover up your bullshit with an "apparently" at the start of the sentence?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's worth more than a first rounder. A lot more.

A former AA full back who is 23-24 years old? **** off with ur first round pick.

Glass would go for a first rounder and he's over 30. A 23 year old AA FB is worth a LOT more than a single pick.

Two first probably wouldn't do it for the Dees. We'd need to get an established player in return.

Mark Jamar was an AA too... that worked well you. Guess he's worth 2 first round draft picks too. Spare me the "he's AA material", he's some kind of superstar.

On the contrary it's probably underselling him, those first rounders would have to be both top 10s, with one of them close inside the top 5.

An injury prone, 30 year old Lake went for pick 27. Frawley is just as talented, a better attitude and had 7 years on Lake.

Thank you. Someone who actually understand the economics of player trading in the AFL.

The price for Frawley is way too high for him to leave. Nobody has two first rounders to spare for a start. The most realistic option would be a team like GWS offering a disgruntled young midfield gun, and a pick, for Frawley.

I guess a lot of morons just think that every high drafted KP becomes an AA defender at some stage.

Thank you. Someone who actually understand the economics of player trading in the AFL.

The price for Frawley is way too high for him to leave. Nobody has two first rounders to spare for a start. The most realistic option would be a team like GWS offering a disgruntled young midfield gun, and a pick, for Frawley.

I guess a lot of morons just think that every high drafted KP becomes an AA defender at some stage.

That's all well and good but if the bloke wants to leave (which he probably does) then he will do so below what he is truly worth.

That's all well and good but if the bloke wants to leave (which he probably does) then he will do so below what he is truly worth.

How? He's a RFA at best for a few years. He won't get the coin, and other clubs can't afford to spare what he's really worth. The salary cap is designed for this purpose.

What would you think is a reasonable offer for him (be specific)?

Whether you rate him or not, we got Chaplin for nothing. Whilst l recognise that Spud Jnr is under contract, any player that has any self ambition, will want the **** out of that place. Melbourne can hold him to his contract, fine... but at the end of the day, he'll go eventually (if the strong rumours are correct that he is already spruiking himself to other clubs).

They might get a pick between 7-15. And that's it. Stiff shit if he has an AA. **** me, the only people that at the MFC that have anything remotely to look forward to is the backman, because they'll see plenty of it this year. And clubs will be wary... one good year as a Melbourne football player doesnt mean much... as shown with Mark Jamar.

Sorry for my brutal honesty, l hold no grude against the club, but l hold no great desire to try and recruit anyone from that football club as it currently stands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back