James Hird gone, presser at 3:15 today - The Age

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow you guys are complete arseholes.

Stomping on his grave like you've ever achieved something in your miserable lives.

Good luck with it, this thread belongs in the bay.

You forgot to put the capital H on His. Like in God.

Oh. And HTFU. This is the man who's ripped something over two mil in salary out of your club and only worked six months of the three years he's been overpaid for. That's before we consider the untold damage done, careers ruined. More large sums for Bomber to hold his dick; for his personal spin team; legal fees for a stupid attempt to have the facts buried and to "permanently prevent issue of a SCN to James Hird."

He's been a disaster. Far worse than the bloke he white anted to get the job. Answer true. You think ANY of this shit would have happened if Knights was still the coach? So what does that tell us about who is to blame (hint. It's not the AFL, the HTB or Caro)

And yet you still can't stop jacking off over the campaigner who's blown YOUR club back into the stone age.

You forgot to put the capital H on His. Like in God.

Oh. And HTFU. This is the man who's ripped something over two mil in salary out of your club and only worked six months of the three years he's been overpaid for. That's before we consider the untold damage done, careers ruined. More large sums for Bomber to hold his dick; for his personal spin team; legal fees for a stupid attempt to have the facts buried and to "permanently prevent issue of a SCN to James Hird."

He's been a disaster. Far worse than the bloke he white anted to get the job. Answer true. You think ANY of this shit would have happened if Knights was still the coach? So what does that tell us about who is to blame (hint. It's not the AFL, the HTB or Caro)

And yet you still can't stop jacking off over the campaigner who's blown YOUR club back into the stone age.
Not the most eloquent rant but one that I ultimately agree with.

Wonder how many millions of Essendon members money will go straight to James Hird's hip pocket?

But he loves the club. That's all he cares about...., the players..., the club.

It's interesting when you look at Hird's actions and supposed reasons for them:

When he took ASADA to court and appealed - it was about the players (even though it certainly didn't help them and dragged the saga out much longer)

When he decided to step down (yeah right!) it was about the players. (even though he receives a huge payout and leaves them coach-less with 3 games to go until the end of the season)

Did the players want him to coach on?

Isn't he leaving them high and dry?

So much BS.

Perhaps Hird can go into business selling smoke and mirrors.

I'm sure the Little bulldog will be right behind him sniffing his bum.

Him "resigning" today is like a smoker telling his oncologist he quit smoking, 3 years after being diagnosed with Lung Cancer.

What's the actual point?

Should've fallen on his sword the day after the Press Conference, wether he thought he was guilty or not.

He put those players in that position. He is a "man" lacking in morals and ethics. He is a coward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In Essendons case Hird employed Dank at an informal meeting at Hird home. He did not go through the normal channels of using the HR department to do the normal check or getting clearance from the CEO. Hird then gave Dank permission and instructed him to start a supplement program that was outside the Clib Dr and normal medical protocols. Hird then did not ensure that any protocols such as record keeping was done. Hird communicated directly with Dank about what substances were to be given and how to keep the Cub Doctor, club dietitian etc out of the loop. This is not my opinion but has been admitted to by Hird and the club and there is significant proof of this. Hird was responsible but has never taken any responsibility.

Don't forget the Melbourne Rebels (under Corocoran's charge) turned Dank down. So it's not like his witchcraft voodoo magic wasn't known to the football department.

Thread is far too big to read but this is an absolute joke. The fact that James Hird is trying to spin this 'I am choosing to leave for the better of the club' is absoolutely laughable. Hird had proved how stubborn he is over the past few years so I have 0 doubt he was told to pack his things and get out. Forget what he did as a player for this club as that is separate. He is by far the worst thing to happen to a club as a coach in my time watching footy.

This decision should have happened many, many moons ago. Whoever decided to extend his contract in the midst of all this should be sacked aswell. The drug saga is enough to warrant a sacking but even if you take all that out, the club is in a horrible position on field.

The 2 positives from this are that he is gone so the club can finally start to move on and I don't think it will be long before Essendon start to improve the on field stuff.

The fact is before the Media began their witch hunt Hird had them playing good football, bomber or not. Hird leaves, Bomber doesnt want to leave and the media assemble as they have a sniff of blood. Football is a mental game and the continued attack on the players wore them down. How you can judge a coach on having to coach that EFC side this year? they had no pre season and more distractions than any other team has ever put up with.

I dont see Hird as a messiah, I am not a fan of Essendon and really couldnt care what happens to them.

What I do hate is the tall poppy syndrome, the media and people passing judgement when they have no idea what happens inside a football club.

The worst thing about tall poppy syndrome is the people who think they're the tall poppies - enter James A. Hird.

"Inside a football club?". Who met Charter on the Gold Coast, given that begat Dank? Had Hird dealt with Charter before? Why? What were Charter's 'business interests" and associations?

If you want to get to grips with Jimmy's attitude, ask yourself why he thought it viable to be jabbed with Melanotan 2.

There can be complex relationships and structures within a football club, but none moreso than when you give carte blanche to an absolute narcissist who places entitlement over reasoned thought.

But, by crikey, I do hope he goes out in a blaze of glory and lays waste to all who were involved with him in the criminal enterprise.

Feel scorned, Jimmy, really, really scorned.

But he loves the club. That's all he cares about...., the players..., the club.

It's interesting when you look at Hird's actions and supposed reasons for them:

When he took ASADA to court and appealed - it was about the players (even though it certainly didn't help them and dragged the saga out much longer)

When he decided to step down (yeah right!) it was about the players. (even though he receives a huge payout and leaves them coach-less with 3 games to go until the end of the season)

Did the players want him to coach on?

Isn't he leaving them high and dry?

So much BS.

Perhaps Hird can go into business selling smoke and mirrors.

I'm sure the Little bulldog will be right behind him sniffing his bum.

Uh, if only you knew some of the players. They love plying under him. For all the dribble and bs the public make up, most of it is complete and utter rubbish. (Like this)

Remove this Banner Ad

James Hird gone, presser at 3:15 today - The Age

Remove this Banner Ad

Back