James Hird gone, presser at 3:15 today - The Age

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow you guys are complete arseholes.

Stomping on his grave like you've ever achieved something in your miserable lives.

Good luck with it, this thread belongs in the bay.
I pride myself on being a campaigner but feel inadequate compared to Jimmy based on what he did to your club.

signs how far through the looking glass we are when a Carlton supporter posts this, fmd.

How about the fact that despite having the worst saga of all time and being completely shattered as a club we are STILL ahead of you?
Hahaha.

Most of your starting lineup is being prosecuted by WADA, facing doping charges at the CAS. And you think being a couple of games ahead is any better??

Really??

Delusional 'til the last. Kek.

Stomping on his grave like you've ever achieved something in your miserable lives.

It's a victory for the common man. Finally a bloke who cheated while he played, cheated while he coached yet was seen as some sort of hero, champion and martyr, is brought down. It's the AFL equivalent of the fall of the Hussein regime.

The commoners will want to dance. Dance away!

The 2 positives from this are that he is gone so the club can finally start to move on and I don't think it will be long before Essendon start to improve the on field stuff.

I can't see either as a positive personally. Getting rid of Hird is necessary but NOT sufficient.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hirdy's done alright out of the Bombers. A family holiday in France while he undertook an all expenses paid course while on full pay. Now a negotiated settlement to cover the outstanding time left on his contract.

Not bad for someone who has put self-interest first and in so doing caused the club immense grief both on and off the field.
Yea.. And he's going to be gone gone gone when the WADA shite is served up with onions

One last middle finger to the AFL. The day they sell the new TV rights, Hirdy steals all the headlines.

A bit of Groucho Marx and Elvis Presley stuff right there.

The only coach I can remember getting paid so much for doing so little was Malcolm Blight @ St Kilda.

Similar personalities.

Blight was successful coach - Hird wasn't.
P.S if you'd have stuck with crazy eccentric Blight you'd have got a flag. Instead you went with Thomas. Still funny.

You speak as if we've just killed Bambi! This guy buried your club in 3 short years whilst getting paid $1M a year then walks off with a hefty payout likely to be around the $750,000 mark.

If you're going to feel sorry for anyone I'd be suggesting it'd be the players.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You speak as if we've just killed Bambi! This guy buried your club in 3 short years whilst getting paid $1M a year then walks off with a hefty payout likely to be around the $750,000 mark.

If you're going to feel sorry for anyone I'd be suggesting it'd be the players.
You also need to add the money that the club paid him to get his masters degree in what ever subject matter The term Golden boy is spot on he has cost the club big time. I bet he is still laughing all the way to the bank

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you reckon Essendon timed this deliberately to shit on the AFL's announcement of their new broadcast deal. Not deciding to sack him altogether, but annoincing it today rather than later this week/next week.

Handsome Gil would have been looking forward to a hearty round of positive press and congratulations about the deal and instead its going to be pushed way waaaay the **** back away from the front and back pages.

A small measure of satisfaction to ruin Gil's party?
Wouldn't put it past them. Petty hate goes with the hubris.

Bloody Hell - 60 pages in before I get to say ..... "About Bloody Time Too!"

[In my defence, m'lud we've had an electricity outage for the the last 3 hours - just when I logged in and found out the great news. I was wondering if I could blame Essendon/Hird but I see others have been on here so it clearly was not an Essendon-orchestrated Statewide power outage.] :p

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

James Hird gone, presser at 3:15 today - The Age

Remove this Banner Ad

Back