Coach James Hird - is it time to give him a second chance at coaching an AFL club? Gil says yes!

Should James Hird be given a second chance at coaching an AFL club?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't that how we pissed off choco made him go through the process and then pick Hird anyway?

How *ed off would you be if you were Yze who's busted his arse for years as an assistant and dosent get picked over Hird

If we are doing another sham process just to appoint Hird then no future senior coaches will want to apply for essendon again

i dont disagree.

The fact Hird is even being considered is crazy, i always thought he'd do a solid stint as an assistant before he came back to a snr job. But the shear amount of people losing their collective ****ing minds about it is pretty good.

i dont disagree.

The fact Hird is even being considered is crazy, i always thought he'd do a solid stint as an assistant before he came back to a snr job. But the shear amount of people losing their collective ******* minds about it is pretty good.
I thought we were finally getting out together but it seems we haven't.

Only way they can save themselves if they don't appoint Hird that would put the full stop that the club has really moved on from the boys club

I'm surprised Hird has allower himself to be interviewed by non Essendon people. I think the make up of the panel is a bit of a joke anyway.

Be great entertainment for all if Hird did get appointed. Not long to wait now
Has much been said about the panel? Wall's is completely out of touch and Lewis is a pundit. it is a strange panel.

if Hird gets appointed there are going to be unprecedented Boooooo's. Will be a nice baptism of fire for the new AFL CEO.

Has much been said about the panel? Wall's is completely out of touch and Lewis is a pundit. it is a strange panel.

if Hird gets appointed there are going to be unprecedented Boooooo's. Will be a nice baptism of fire for the new AFL CEO.

cant boo.

that's racist!

Hird should not be anywhere near a sporting team at any level - even under 9's - until he shows some remorse for what he did.

On the other hand, he was a pretty shit coach originally, and the only experience he has had since was helping GWS players totally lose interest in playing footy, so him getting the top job would be good for the laughs.

I posted this on the Essendon board. Just my 2 cents.
Hopefully some common sense happens and Hird is not selected as coach. For all the ■■■■ this club has been through the last decade and they then invite him to apply???

And not open to him as an assistant either. He will be the elephant in the room and the coach who ever that will be doesn’t need that.

To be honest after all that the club, players and supporters have been through this Hird rubbish is a massive slap in the face.
heck sake get your ■■■■ together EFC and appoint Yze with a good team and let them do their jobs.

Hopefully some common sense happens and Hird is not selected as coach. For all the ■■■■ this club has been through the last decade and they then invite him to apply???

And not open to him as an assistant either. He will be the elephant in the room and the coach who ever that will be doesn’t need that.

To be honest after all that the club, players and supporters have been through this Hird rubbish is a massive slap in the face.
* sake get your ■■■■ together EFC and appoint Yze with a good team and let them do their jobs.
Agree

So many questions.

Why the * does he even want it so soon? He's putting a target on his back (again) after it almost drove him to suicide last time. Doesn't he have kids? Why is he hell bent on continuing to put his family through s**t for his own interests?

Is the bloke a genuine psycho?

He's a covert Narcissist. Sheedy likely is too given his ongoing behavior and at is almost 76 years old and still can't let go.

Hird and his PR team portray himself very carefully with the soft spoken, boy-band golden smile look which has allowed him to charm himself back in the good graces of many. It's savy - Hird has mastered the art of appearing genuine. You look here, facebook and twitter and most Bomber fans have fallen for it hook, line and sinker. They still genuinely believe Hird is the victim with "what was done to him by the AFL and the club"

Last edited:
That's bull crap if the club wanted him they would have straight up hired him and not set up a process to select a new coach.
Nah man, that wiley old fox Sheedy will orchestrate it so that no one ever saw this comin'.

Cunning old genius that he is. He'll get his man, without the footy world ever knowing he was up to something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May as well get the gang back together and enlist Shane!
Due to some events since some people may have to work off site and off the books

Don't see that being an issue though

All the drama might work in his favour this time around.

Lot of attention being deflected away from the fact that ultimately he was a sh*t coach.
It is not going to end well. Hird will be under pressure from day 1, Essendons list is still shite, and off field they are still a rabble. Add rabid opposition fans every single week and the whole thing is going to be a circus.

* sake get your ■■■■ together EFC and appoint Yze with a good team and let them do their jobs.
I reckon that's the first time in the last 9 years that I seen an Essendon supporter look at this objectively.

If he’s appointed- Walls and Lewis will look like patsy’s
I wouldn’t have thought thats in either of their DNA….
Or they hate Essendon that much they are willing to let it happen

It is not going to end well. Hird will be under pressure from day 1, Essendons list is still shite, and off field they are still a rabble. Add rabid opposition fans every single week and the whole thing is going to be more of a circus.
FTFY, loving the idea that Hird could get the gig.

But surely they need a complete coaching set up of non Essendon people to finally stop the old boys and white anting. Yze for mine, but that selection panel they've pulled together is a strange bunch

You got crazy Vossy

Took a punt

It’s worked out ok

Just as ‘insane’ choice
The same Voss who went away and improved his coaching credentials, went and did the apprenticeship for about 10 years under another experienced coach (and former experienced assistant) like he should've done in the first place. During that time as an assistant spent time and money improving his deficiencies by taking courses, and working through various programs and engineering some as well for Port.

At least Hird can spend the pre-game and post-game period discussing the merits of chocolate to the 23, and if their season is not going well can speak about all the low experiences he's endured.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach James Hird - is it time to give him a second chance at coaching an AFL club? Gil says yes!

Back