Coach James Hird - is it time to give him a second chance at coaching an AFL club? Gil says yes!

Should James Hird be given a second chance at coaching an AFL club?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Admittedly timmy has started, but he seems more on the any club than the return to essendon train
Watson would be pissed off that he’s not involved in the shafting of yet another coach. His last (and hopefully last) involvement was a complete disaster and from which he escaped massive scrutiny

Wait... what's actually happening?

Herald Sun (aka Robbo) saying Hird is a serious contender to take over next year.

Even though the club has said Rutten will coach.

How in the **** would any club let him near a players. It was bad enough Gil let him be an assistant at a plastic franchise.

Where is the AFL Commission? They are meant to protect the game. They should have banned Hird for life.

Caro has written a cracker article this morning

Our messiah complex kills us
Sheedy, hird, dodoro and it appears harvey too. Have not moved on from what was our last great era...which was when the Simpsons was good, xfiles was still on tv and we weren't putting avo on toast!

I hope fans make this known to them.
If hird returns, ill have lost all respect to my all time favourite player
Sheedy is already burning that legacy. 4 flags does not buy you the right to engineer this misery.

Sheedy, hird, dodoro and it appears harvey too. Have not moved on from what was our last great era...which was when the Simpsons was good, xfiles was still on tv and we weren't putting avo on toast!

Sheedy is already burning that legacy. 4 flags does not buy you the right to engineer this misery.

Old kev’s the recently crowned, one and only club “Immortal” mate.
He seems set on his path and so far has played the game beautifully.
Don’t know if anyone at the club has the ability, clout or want to reign him in … good luck …

If Essendon get hird as there coach the outrage of not only the other 17 clubs supporter bases and the media will be huge. Essendon supporters are so delusional that they think hird is the messiah and he can and has never done anything wrong. He new what was happening and denied it over and over again.

Could things actually get any worse for the Essendon FC. The best coach in the last 20 chose to coach the smallest club in Victoria who is on the verge of relocation in north Melbourne and seemed not really interested with coaching one of the biggest clubs in Essendon. Clarko obviously didn’t like the way things are heading down at Essendon.

Essendon seriously are reminding me of the Richmond era of 1983 to 2016! Complete incompetence at its best.

Yesterday I didn’t think Essendon could get any lower. But if they do pick up hird as coach they it will set them back another 10 years!!

Last edited:

Does anyone know how much money these coterie groups actually pump in?

They're clearly the problem. I wonder how hard it is for Essendon to cut them off?

Old kev’s the recently crowned, one and only club “Immortal” mate.
He seems set on his path and so far has played the game beautifully.
Don’t know if anyone at the club has the ability, clout or want to reign him in … good luck …

Feels like we need a fan movement tbh.
Something akin to the Swans fans appointing Roos over Wallace.

Except we don't have our saviour. Maybe it's Gia. He's supposed to be good.
Either way, this club needs a good and proper exorcism

Does anyone know how much money these coterie groups actually pump in?

They're clearly the problem. I wonder how hard it is for Essendon to cut them off?
imagine all clubs have these groups. the issue is ours have well placed, difficult to remove people in key places.

Bringing back Hirdy would be like the libs rolling up to the 2025 federal election with an Abbott/ScoMo leadership group.

Bring it on for the lols. Get Danksy and the weapon back too if they aren't in jail. What's Shane Charters up to these days?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Essendon makes any choices based on what other club support bases or the media think then they should just blow the club up now.

Sounds like Essendon are doing a pretty good job of blowing themselves up!!!

Absolute disgrace if he's allowed to be put in charge of young men or woman ever again.

I don’t think he should coach again but don’t make it sound like he is a peadophile or some type of drug lord. He approved some vitamins or whatever that ended up being on the no go list. No players ended up with a heroin addiction, or a steroid addiction. It was wrong according to the rules. He was coach and paid the penalty. But stop making it sound like he is a danger to other humans young or old. That is ridiculous.

Last edited:
I don’t think he should coach again but don’t make it sound like he is a peadophile or some type of drug lord. He approved some vitamins or whatever that ended up being on the no go list. No players ended up with a heroin addiction, asteroid addiction. It was wrong according to the rules. He was coach and paid the penalty. But stop making it sound like he a danger to other humans young or old. That is ridiculous.
Surley hird will say no has got his life back on track almost killed him last time he was coach

Hird should coach the Tasmanian Team once they enter the league. Would give them the high profile boost they need starting up Jazny
Crazy Vossy should coach Carlton so they embarrass themselves and miss finals over and over again. Oh wait :thumbsu:

I'll go with whatever Robbo thinks.
Slobbo’s been promising for months now that he will publish the “true story” and that EFC and Hirdy will be exonerated of any wrongdoing. It’ll be perfect timing: Hirdy appointed coach and Slobbo’s “true story” in the Hun so that the Bombres can celebrate the Messiah’s 2nd coming.

You are being harsh there
I don’t think he should coach again but don’t make it sound like he is a peadophile or some type of drug lord. He approved some vitamins or whatever that ended up being on the no go list. No players ended up with a heroin addiction, or a steroid addiction. It was wrong according to the rules. He was coach and paid the penalty. But stop making it sound like he is a danger to other humans young or old. That is ridiculous.
He allowed 100s of injections into his players!
He was supposed to be their leader. Should have been banned from coaching ever again after that.

He allowed 100s of injections into his players!
He was supposed to be their leader. Should have been banned from coaching ever again after that.

Players have injections at all clubs on a consistent basis. At the time he believed them to be ok, to this day he stands by it. Again let’s not make him sound like some type of monster.

Coach James Hird - is it time to give him a second chance at coaching an AFL club? Gil says yes!

Back