James Hird: Should Essendon honour his employment contract?

Should Essendon honour James Hird's employment contract?

• Yes

Votes: 37 11.6%
  • No

Votes: 272 85.5%
  • Give him one more chance

Votes: 9 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes or no?

Note that I have placed this, and only this, thread outside the ASADA board to gather a range of opinions from BigFooty members.

EDIT

At official close of this poll at 1:30 Sunday morning:
  1. Yes
    25 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. *
    No
    208 vote(s)
    87.4%
  3. Give him one more chance
    5 vote(s)
    2.1%

The Herald Sun online poll:

herald-sun-james-hird-poll-q.png

herald-sun-james-hird-poll.png

However the 7 Sport viewer vote was, from memory, 45% against Hird losing his job and 55% in favour.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll go against the grain - as it stands - they should at least honour the financial components of the contract.

He has done nothing in breach of his contract as far as I am aware - so unless ASADA banzhammer either him or the players - Essendon are duty bound to pay him.

Essendon are too deep into the cult of Hird to sack him and Jimmy is too much of a narcissist to quit.

If i was in charge of Essendon, I'd be waiting on ASADA's findings before sacking him - could save them $2M.

The contract extension to Hird however is worse than the one offered to Connolly by Melbourne

You're a smart man Chief, so do you really need a thread to know which way this will go?

Such an array of in depth answers so far.
Not a troll. If you do not like the thread do not read it.

There are lots of threads in the ASADA board in the tens of pages - this is simply a poll aimed at including the people who do not want to read all of those posts and get involved in those threads.

If it gets nasty, we'll lock it.

I'll go against the grain - as it stands - they should at least honour the financial components of the contract.

He has done nothing in breach of his contract as far as I am aware - so unless ASADA banzhammer either him or the players - Essendon are duty bound to pay him.

Essendon are too deep into the cult of Hird to sack him and Jimmy is too much of a narcissist to quit.

If i was in charge of Essendon, I'd be waiting on ASADA's findings before sacking him - could save them $2M.

The contract extension to Hird however is worse than the one offered to Connolly by Melbourne

Yup, wait at least until the ASADA reports to come out, but I have no doubt he's coached his last game. It's just a matter as to whether or not he'll get paid.

Remove this Banner Ad

James Hird: Should Essendon honour his employment contract?

Back