James Hird

Remove this Banner Ad

The Opposition

Senior List
Aug 24, 2004
Other Teams
1 of 16
I know for a fact that he is the second fittest bloke at the essendon footy club (in terms of 3.2km times and testing etc) however went down with cramp last night on a mild night where he played half back and therefore not a whole heap of running.
Do you think he is injured, too old or worse....finished?
Try not to be too biased and hate him too much and say he is finished, please give honest opinions.
Thankyou

He went down with crap???
rofl.gif

Despite the loss, we played very well for most of the game and it was good for us as a team that he had little affect on the game. We have to start winning without him. According to Sheeds, he was moved to the backline to give our forwards and midfield a chance to prove what they can do without his influence.

don4eva said:
Despite the loss, we played very well for most of the game and it was good for us as a team that he had little affect on the game. We have to start winning without him. According to Sheeds, he was moved to the backline to give our forwards and midfield a chance to prove what they can do without his influence.
Oh,

I thought Sheedy just put him there for a laugh.

don4eva said:

I kept waiting for Hird to be moved on to the ball but it didn't seem to happen until the last few minutes of the game.

I thought it was a strange tactic. Isn't it more important to just win the game rather than hang back and see if you can win it without him? I think Sheedy really let us off the hook by keeping him in the backline.

T-Bird32 said:
I kept waiting for Hird to be moved on to the ball but it didn't seem to happen until the last few minutes of the game.

I thought it was a strange tactic. Isn't it more important to just win the game rather than hang back and see if you can win it without him? I think Sheedy really let us off the hook by keeping him in the backline.
Concur. Spot on

T-Bird32 said:

Thats a pretty good call newbie

The entire Essendon side is under done and lacking match fitness, Hird has had as little game time as any in the side
3.2km time trials don't mean too much, you can do as many time trials as you want and still not be ready to run out an AFL game of at least 10km in sprints for a player like Hird

T-Bird32 said:

I can only surmise that Sheeds has decided that Hird's days are numbered and has begun preparing for life after the champ.

And if that means sacrificing a game or two along the way, then so be it.

hird wouldnt have more than a year left in him, why not make the ********in most of him while we have got him, God knows we have missed enough of him through injury over the years and here is fit and ready to play and what does sheedy do, waste him in the ********in back line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ludbrokes are offering 500/1 that hird will not go on the footy show this week and say one particularly umpire has it in for his team. If it gets out to 1000/1, get on.

notenoughteams said:
Ludbrokes are offering 500/1 that hird will not go on the footy show this week and say one particularly umpire has it in for his team. If it gets out to 1000/1, get on.

What are the odds that he says Sheeds has it in for his team ?

dave_27 said:
hird wouldnt have more than a year left in him, why not make the ********in most of him while we have got him, God knows we have missed enough of him through injury over the years and here is fit and ready to play and what does sheedy do, waste him in the ********in back line.

Sheedy thought moving Hird onto Whitnall would be a winning move. He pictured Hird running off Whitnall and setting up a number of plays from the backline. ....Sheedy was wrong. :) Instead Whitnall made the most of the mismatch and punished Sheedy's insolence. Post game his thoughts on the matchup were not surprising. "We wanted to see if we could win the game without Hird in the midfield" :rolleyes: I hope it's bullsh** Kevin, because if any coach isn't doing all they can to win the match, then they should be sacked!

His excuses are tiring..

Remove this Banner Ad

James Hird

Remove this Banner Ad

Back