Fino

Senior List
Sep 26, 2006
Prahran
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
The footage of Fev tonight on TFS confirms one thing. That James Hird is a class act. You can have money and talent, but decorum and decency is priceless.
Always had admiration for the man, but seeing how he carried himself on Monday with Fev just confirms it.
Not all footballers are boofheads and that was a snapshot of the parity that currently exists.

The footage of Fev tonight on TFS confirms one thing. That James Hird is a class act. You can have money and talent, but decorum and decency is priceless.
Always had admiration for the man, but seeing how he carried himself on Monday with Fev just confirms it.
Not all footballers are boofheads and that was a snapshot of the parity that currently exists.

Agreed. Fev looked like he was ready to start swinging and Hirdy just brushed him off like a fly. I would be very embarassed if i was Fev, he came off looking like a massive ******* in that situation. James Hird is all class.

Fevs chat with Hird confirmed how much of a tool Fev is. Hirdy has always been a class act on and off the field and how he handled Fevs antics is testament to that.

My favourite bit is at the end when Fev goes to shake his hand and does the 'ha ha, tricked you' thing where he withdraws his hand and rubs it on his head.

A family member was on a plane with him back from one of our gesm in the GC and she, who has lots of experience is this field, said she estimates him to the mental age of about a 12 year old.

He's got an issue with alcohol, has he?
So why show the footage? Why the need to share it with the nation?

I know where you are coming from and i agree to a certain extent. However, Brendan Fevola puts himself out there as a celebrity to be judged. He'll get allot of praise and allot of money but at the same time will have to accept the consequences of this lifestyle when he plays up. Lots of people get drunk and behave likes idiots without nearly as much criticism or attention. But at the same time not many people get paid 600k a year, have fans who want autographs or get spots on tv shows. It all evens out.

Massive gulf in class between those two.

Hird carried himself extremely well considering he was essentially dealing with a brain damaged chimp throwing its own fecal matter around.

Telling how Fev obviously has a huge insecurity issue round blokes with a few clues like Hird ... the way he immediately did the whole 'Oh, you think you're too smart for me' thing.

So playground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, now that James Hird is no longer playing for Essendon, i have nothing against him. In fact i really enjoy his views on the game when on "On the couch". But bloody hell, the guy is pretty dorky. I mean what the hell is with the bow tie?

I can't work out if I think it is funny or just plain embarrassing. I guess it is so embarrassing it is funny?

That's how I saw it :p

Ok, now that James Hird is no longer playing for Essendon, i have nothing against him. In fact i really enjoy his views on the game when on "On the couch". But bloody hell, the guy is pretty dorky. I mean what the hell is with the bow tie?

Well it is supposed to be a 'black tie' event, and while a lot of players just chose a simple dark suit with a black tie (like Fevola in this case), some (like Hird in this case) prefer a tuxedo, which is traditionally worn with a bow tie.

Telling how Fev obviously has a huge insecurity issue round blokes with a few clues like Hird ... the way he immediately did the whole 'Oh, you think you're too smart for me' thing.

So playground.

Well i have to say that finally Fev was correc, Hirdy is to smart to talk to this imbecilic w***er.
I generally like Fev and think he gets a bit of a rough run from the media but after seeing the footage over the past week or so i have changed my opinion, **** HIM. The w***er is lucky to only get fined 10k, he has done worse for the AFL then Ben Cousins ever did and he should be treated that way. He is very lucky his missus is a dumb bitch as well.

My estimation of him went up after watching that, he's a pretty funny drunk. Whole thing remains extraordinarily hypocritical - Cooney was obviously wasted as well and Aker was so shitfaced he didn't even make it to the Brownlow, but that's ok because...?

But hey man, having someone wasted at an awards night is a slur on the club and code! If only a massively bloated corporate criminal like Dick Pratt was still alive to sort it all out, everything would be ok.

My estimation of him went up after watching that, he's a pretty funny drunk. Whole thing remains extraordinarily hypocritical - Cooney was obviously wasted as well and Aker was so shitfaced he didn't even make it to the Brownlow, but that's ok because...?

Its ok for Aker because he DIDN'T go hence he didn't go into the public eye and act like a ********.
Its also ok for Coons because he wasn't acting like a complete moron, he wasn't hugging women, sticking his fingers into the neck of other players, dropping beer bottles etc.

Oh and Coons and Aker don't have a track record for beign w***ers.

Its ok for Aker because he DIDN'T go hence he didn't go into the public eye and act like a ********.
Its also ok for Coons because he wasn't acting like a complete moron, he wasn't hugging women, sticking his fingers into the neck of other players, dropping beer bottles etc.

Oh and Coons and Aker don't have a track record for beign w***ers.

Cooney slapped Fev's beer out of his hand.....:cool:

It shouldn't matter if you have a track record or not if you appear on national tv drunk it is the same although I will say Fev was obviously more drunk than most that were seen. With the hird thing Fev didn't show much respect to him with the pulling his hand away but hird didn't show him much back I know Fev is drunk but everyone surely has mates who get that drunk and you know not to talk down to them and to be honest thats what hird did by making the comment about the conversation not being all that political. Im sure it probable wouldn't of been very political but there was no need for hird to talk down to him especially because hird is a class act.

It shouldn't matter if you have a track record or not if you appear on national tv drunk it is the same although I will say Fev was obviously more drunk than most that were seen. With the hird thing Fev didn't show much respect to him with the pulling his hand away but hird didn't show him much back I know Fev is drunk but everyone surely has mates who get that drunk and you know not to talk down to them and to be honest thats what hird did by making the comment about the conversation not being all that political. Im sure it probable wouldn't of been very political but there was no need for hird to talk down to him especially because hird is a class act.

Why should Hird show him respect?
Has he done anything in his life to deserve respect of a guy like Hird?
This is James Hird the clean cut golden boy with a great family, never cheated on his wife, never had an alcohol problem, never been in trouble off the field.

Hird owes Fevola no respect at all until he earns some.

Why should Hird show him respect?
Has he done anything in his life to deserve respect of a guy like Hird?
This is James Hird the clean cut golden boy with a great family, never cheated on his wife, never had an alcohol problem, never been in trouble off the field.

Hird owes Fevola no respect at all until he earns some.

Spot on. If more people reacted like Hird did he might get the message. Its people who indulge him that let him believe that what his does is funny and charming who are part of the problem. He was like an 18 year old on his first night out. If Brendan could not kick a football he would be wearing a yellow vest digging holes, then he would just be the guy at the pub you try to avoid.

Remove this Banner Ad

James Hird

Remove this Banner Ad

Back