James Hird

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of you guys sound like a bunch of arrogant w***ers. You can't judge people just because they're loud when they have a few beers. You can't judge people just because they might not be as intelligent as the next bloke. You certainly can't judge people who work with the council and say that you'd avoid them at the pub just for this reason. Some of the nicest, most genuine people I know have menial jobs. Some of you need to stop smelling your own farts and look up the definition of the word 'yuppie'.

If you don't like what Fev is doing, I suggest you're following the wrong sport. It's characters like Fev that make our game great and it's sad to see the AFL becoming just a collection of overpaid, PC robots.

And if say, Steve Johnson was acting like that towards Tom Harley, do you think the club would just let it slide? I don't think so.

"We're not saying don't drink, just think."

Hird- class, I thought Buckley's cameo masked a fair bit of contempt too. The look on his face when he said "he was in better nick then he is now" was pretty telling. If Fev doesn't want to listen to his club or his minders, maybe he should consider the attitude of his peers.

And if say, Steve Johnson was acting like that towards Tom Harley, do you think the club would just let it slide? I don't think so.

"We're not saying don't drink, just think."

If it was a big issue, Harley and the other Geelong players there would have done something about it, because that's the kind of club Geelong is. Carlton on the other hand... If Judd was any sort of leader, he'd be doing more to control Fevola and not just run away as he does in the footage. Yes, he's 110 kg, but 5x80kg = 400kg, and Judd knows all about pressure points because he watched some Steven Segal movies. :rolleyes:

Also confirmed Fev is a first grade BOGAN!
And footy supporters are better?

Footy is a bogan game.

Most footballers are bogans...

Why does this surprise you? :confused:

Jonathan Brown is as big a bogan as there is playing the game.

Paul Salmon made a joke to a Grand Final footy lunch with suits that a guy couldn't sleep with his wife because it was that time of the month.

It was greeted by uncomfortable laughter then silence.

That joke would have had the TFS audience and viewers in stitches...

I don't know why we think Fevola is dimmer than the next player.

Do people think Gary Ablett jnr. or Brown would be engineers if they couldn't play footy?

Lloyd is as dumb as an ox.

Footy is a bogan game.

Paul Salmon made a joke to a Grand Final footy lunch with suits that a guy couldn't sleep with his wife because it was that time of the month.

Do people think Gary Ablett jnr. or Brown would be engineers if they couldn't play footy?

Hey, there is a fine line that Fev regularly crosses. I don't see others doing what Fev does so publicly and as frequently as Fev. You simply cannot defend the idiot. Having said that, Channel 9 should cop some blame. Why didn't they nip this in the bud on the night??

Footy is a bogan game.

Some nice generalizations in there! Just because you only mix with bogans and assorted ferrets don't assume the rest of the Australia is identical to what you see out of your bedroom window.

I think a better description of 'types' of footy people is there are those with senses of fun and humour and those that want Aussie Rules to be modelled on the Public Service...

If it was a big issue, Harley and the other Geelong players there would have done something about it, because that's the kind of club Geelong is. Carlton on the other hand... If Judd was any sort of leader, he'd be doing more to control Fevola and not just run away as he does in the footage. Yes, he's 110 kg, but 5x80kg = 400kg, and Judd knows all about pressure points because he watched some Steven Segal movies. :rolleyes:

Maybe thats why Judd walked away from Fev, he knew the cameras were on them and if he tried to control Fev and it got out of hand it would be all over every paper and tv station. Now he can deal with it in private without every man and his dog watching.

If Stevie J was out of control and tom harley went up to him and and tried to stop him and copped one on his nose for his trouble in front of national audience it wouldn't look too good for SJ, Harley or the club.

As has been reported in the papers Fev's teamates including Judd helped get him out of crown and on his way home.

Maybe thats why Judd walked away from Fev, he knew the cameras were on them and if he tried to control Fev and it got out of hand it would be all over every paper and tv station. Now he can deal with it in private without every man and his dog watching.

If Stevie J was out of control and tom harley went up to him and and tried to stop him and copped one on his nose for his trouble in front of national audience it wouldn't look too good for SJ, Harley or the club.

As has been reported in the papers Fev's teamates including Judd helped get him out of crown and on his way home.

Maybe...

No, he's just country. There is a difference.

You won't find him at a black-tie function screaming across a crowded room that one of his fellow leaders at the club is "****ing shit" or bellowing out "I've got a stiffy!"

He certainly likes to have a good time, but in terms of managing his behavior in the context of the particular situation he is in, don't even try to compare him with Fev.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What idiot decided to get so maggoted he couldn't do his job? Or does was he going to do street talk for free out of the kindness of his heart?

Fev has the mind of a 10 year old when he gets tanked it diminshes into ******eness. Thats cool for some people, on the dole and getting petty charges on a regular basis. But for him, his profile, his salary, his club, the code. He is a classic ****** with no ability what so ever to think about consequences.
If he had no talent, he'd still be smoking cones, sniffing glue, playing xbox in his mates bungalo.

The guy is 28 years old with 2 kids - yet its others responsibility to stop him being a f*ckwit in front of the nation?

The footage of Fev tonight on TFS confirms one thing. That James Hird is a class act. You can have money and talent, but decorum and decency is priceless.
Always had admiration for the man, but seeing how he carried himself on Monday with Fev just confirms it.
Not all footballers are boofheads and that was a snapshot of the parity that currently exists.

Why would anyone even mention Jimmy's name in a thread about boofhead Fev's antics? :confused:

No, he's just country. There is a difference.

Fev & Brown are different b/c 1 is a city bogan (Pakenham is bordering on country), the other is a country bogan?

Browny was asked the other day about his wife's pregnancy. He said he would consult with her to induce it so he can get pissed with the boys at the Melbourne Cup...

Can't believe people ar blaming this on alex :eek:

As if she'd have been able to get him home. As far as i see it she did the right thing by letting him be accountable for his actions, she shouldn'thave to babysit him.

Fev & Brown are different b/c 1 is a city bogan (Pakenham is bordering on country), the other is a country bogan?

Browny was asked the other day about his wife's pregnancy. He said he would consult with her to induce it so he can get pissed with the boys at the Melbourne Cup...

You think he was serious? :confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

James Hird

Remove this Banner Ad

Back