James 'Mugabe' Brayshaw's Dummy Spit

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't stop you burying your head in the sand, but if you decide you want to look beyond journalistic bias, try explaining away the following:

- $2749 in the bank after expenses paid
- At the limit of your debt facility
- Failed to win the bid to play in Launceston
- Still no deal to play in Hobart
- Failed to consult the Liberals to guarantee the Ballarat stadium upgrade
- Auditors expressing 'significant doubt' over your continuing existence
- A loss of over $1 million without the ASD handout
- Current assets of only $565,000 to cover current liabilities of $2 million

Is that all too 'unremarkable' for you to address?

P.S. That's pretty much what was in The Age, minus the vitriol.

Summary : NMFC is in debt.

It's not something for North fans to celebrate, but it's hardly news.

I am surprised that a Dogs fan would want to sustain the myth that the ASD payment is a handout.

EFA. It's a different story down the track when a dependant source of revenue is threatened, and the only other option is to fold.

Higher revenue yet folding? Goes together like Dogs and flag.

Still doesn't stop Brayshaw leaving names off or threatening legal action, does it. I'm sure it will be a 'computer bug' next time, if he's feeling sufficiently threatened.

Any legitimate opposition has probably been scared off by now though, knowing the legal threats and personal attacks in store.

And funny how it's only Caro and you that seem to currently have a problem with this. If the club chooses to keep it's white knights off the board for now they must have good reason. JBFTW.

10K would probably do, given the opposition you would play there. I was just saying the Dogs won't need it because we are still attracting upwards of 25k against the worst drawing interstate teams.

Once the Ballarat deal occurs North will well and truly be the masters of their own destiny. If the Dogs don't win the flag this year, you may find the broken supporter base goes back into it's shell. Just sayin.

Learnt what exactly? Not to ask for more per game than the incumbent if they want a chance of winning the tender?
This is only the beginning of the Ballarat and Hobart sagas.

Yes, there are 2 major sources of financial security hovering over the NMFC landscape and the haters know there's a much bigger brew a brewing for a club who some take great pleasure in seeing on struggle street.

They're OK. There's plenty of better targets for on-field stuff. Off-field though, there has not been a greater shambles in the history of the AFL. Carlton, Richmond and Melbourne have been far worse on-field this past decade, and yet you are so far behind them in the support & finance stakes it isn't funny.

Your delusion is high oh wise arsehopper.

You think having a media personality in charge somehow guarantees your future, I think he's got no idea what he is doing.

This is where your and Caroswine's jealousy kicks in. Both irrelevant stooges just cannot handle it. Anyway, this debate is only a rung up from playing verbal babysitter to the mighty doosh, cbefkd.

No offence guys but what sort of a life do you have if you spend all night arguing about shit like this?

How is that not offensive? :(

Not something you can boast about. :eek:

Why not?

Summary : NMFC is in debt.

It's not something for North fans to celebrate, but it's hardly news.

How did you really feel when you first read the article? I know the answer, because I read it on the North board, but I can't quote it and I want to see whether you are man enough to admit it.

I am surprised that a Dogs fan would want to sustain the myth that the ASD payment is a handout.

Absolutely it is. Clubs receiving it, including the Dogs, need to be taking steps to both improve their supporter base to earn improved fixturing and broadcasting slots, and introduce money making ventures to remove dependance on that money for survival. The Dogs are doing that, are North?

Higher revenue yet folding? Goes together like Dogs and flag.

You need an extra $1-2 million a year to survive, on top of wiping out your debt. If you decide to go to Hobart to get it, what happens when Hobart want you to play extra games there or lose the tender?

And funny how it's only Caro and you that seem to currently have a problem with this. If the club chooses to keep it's white knights off the board for now they must have good reason. JBFTW.

That's ridiculous. Half the North board has attacked the way the elections were handled, including jacko on the Bay.

Once the Ballarat deal occurs North will well and truly be the masters of their own destiny.

I'm waiting. Bump the thread when it happens. Hopefully BF will still be going at the time.

If the Dogs don't win the flag this year, you may find the broken supporter base goes back into it's shell. Just sayin.

We're not going to drop 5,000 members. Not even North's incompetence has managed that.

Yes, there are 2 major sources of financial security hovering over the NMFC landscape and the haters know there's a much bigger brew a brewing for a club who some take great pleasure in seeing on struggle street.

It's telling that you need to focus on things that haven't happened and are no guarantee to happen to paint a bright picture of your future.

Your delusion is high oh wise arsehopper.

It's true - you haven't been that bad on field. Carlton, Richmond and Melbourne have barely played a final in the last decade, yet they are kicking your arse in membership, attendances and finances

This is where your and Caroswine's jealousy kicks in. Both irrelevant stooges just cannot handle it. Anyway, this debate is only a rung up from playing verbal babysitter to the mighty doosh, cbefkd.

What relevant experience did James Brayshaw have that earned him the title of the Club President?

How did you really feel when you first read the article? I know the answer, because I read it on the North board, but I can't quote it and I want to see whether you are man enough to admit it.
Why am I not surprised that you spent your holidays obsessively reading the North board? :eek::eek::eek:

My reaction wasn't inconsistent with anything I've since said on the Bay.

I saw the headlines and read the report, and thought : FFS, are we in THAT much trouble?

Then I remembered that Hawthorne had done some 'witty' North trolling on the back-page sports column last year, and realised he was most likely doing Caro's dirty work for her. The club's response reassured me that, while North does face serious financial problems, the situation is not as desperate or terminal as Hawthorne was trying to make out.

Does it irk you that Caro & Hawthorne actually get paid for trolling North, while you put in so many hours at it for free? :p

How is that not offensive? :(

It's true - you haven't been that bad on field. Carlton, Richmond and Melbourne have barely played a final in the last decade, yet they are kicking your arse in membership, attendances and finances

Was just an inquiry/question that's all.

What are you talking about Melbourne played finals in 2000, 2002, 2004,2005 and 2006. That's 5 out of the last 11 years.

Why am I not surprised that you spent your holidays obsessively reading the North board? :eek::eek::eek:

Only a few threads. There aren't enough like you on the Bay that give you honest feedback on an issue.

My reaction wasn't inconsistent with anything I've since said on the Bay.

I saw the headlines and read the report, and thought : FFS, are we in THAT much trouble?

I knew I could count on you to own up to it. Kudos.
I think it was 'holy ****' though, not FFS ;)

Then I remembered that Hawthorne had done some 'witty' North trolling on the back-page sports column last year, and realised he was most likely doing Caro's dirty work for her. The club's response reassured me that, while North does face serious financial problems, the situation is not as desperate or terminal as Hawthorne was trying to make out.

Do you understand what a working capital ratio is?

The truth is somewhere is the middle, you'd be better off to educate yourself than blindly follow the word of the NMFC executive.

http://au.pfinance.yahoo.com/small-business/financial_techniques.html

Current ratio

This is the difference between current assets and current liabilities. The current ratio (CR) is calculated by dividing current assets (CA) by the current liabilities (CL) listed on your balance sheet:

Current Assets / Current Liabilities = Current Ratio

Say your current assets are $34,000
Your liabilities are $18,000

Your current ratio would therefore be:

CA / CL = CR

$34,000 / $18,000 = 1.9
Therefore your current ratio = 1.9 : 1

This means for every dollar you owe you have $1.90 available in current assets. A current ratio of assets to liabilities of 2:1 is usually considered to be acceptable (ie., your assets are twice your liabilities).

What's North's?

Does it irk you that Caro & Hawthorne actually get paid for trolling North, while you put in so many hours at it for free? :p

Do you reckon I could do a better job?

Was just an inquiry/question that's all.

What are you talking about Melbourne played finals in 2000, 2002, 2004,2005 and 2006. That's 5 out of the last 11 years.

Sorry, probably missed the mark on Melbourne in saying they have barely played one. Still only 5/11 or 4/10, the same as North, and a lot less recent success. They really should be level with you or ahead.

Jim Stynes has done a fantastic job with your club, JB is a poor imitation.

And funny how it's only Caro and you that seem to currently have a problem with this. If the club chooses to keep it's white knights off the board for now they must have good reason.
By club I take it you mean JB Mugabe? I guess this is an admission that the club did manipulate the election process to ensure a preferable outcome as decided by the club and not the members.....

Do you honestly believe only a couple of people care? Plenty of Norf fans are worried about the way this was handled and your current financial situation. To pretend it's all rosy at Norf is the very definition of Deluded.

The search for an honest Norf fan (or board member) continues.

By club I take it you mean JB Mugabe? I guess this is an admission that the club did manipulate the election process to ensure a preferable outcome as decided by the club and not the members.....

Shit, I didn't even pick up on that. Guess I'm just used the idea now.

Shit, I didn't even pick up on that. Guess I'm just used the idea now.
If Norf fans want a Benevolent Dictatorship (questionable given JB Mugabe's ego and motivations) that's fine- it's a system which may work and one I'd probably prefer for Norf given the number of brain dead bogans that support them. Just don't pretend it's a democracy and that the general populace will be so easily fooled.

If Norf fans want a Benevolent Dictatorship (questionable given JB Mugabe's ego and motivations) that's fine- it's a system which may work and one I'd probably prefer for Norf given the number of brain dead bogans that support them. Just don't pretend it's a democracy and that the general populace will be so easily fooled.

Me thinks you need to check the definition of benevolent. Taking away home games and voting rights does not fit the bill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me thinks you need to check the definition of benevolent. Taking away home games and voting rights does not fit the bill.
Benevolent being the questionable part of the post. I do get the feeling his ambition and motivation to save Norf are more about power, prestige and personal gain rather than a love of the club and what's really best for it.

Benevolent being the questionable part of the post. I do get the feeling his ambition and motivation to save Norf are more about power, prestige and personal gain rather than a love of the club and what's really best for it.
Good call. I mean, he's made a lot more money and had a lot less stress in his life since taking the job on...and he hasn't copped any flak at all. :rolleyes:

Do you honestly believe only a couple of people care? Plenty of Norf fans are worried about the way this was handled and your current financial situation. To pretend it's all rosy at Norf is the very definition of Deluded.

The search for an honest Norf fan (or board member) continues.

Yup, things are beginning to smell whiffy down at Arden st.

Brayshaw & brother may have been re-elected but i'm sure there will be far greater scrutiny surrounding Norf's next election making it harder for Mugabe to rig the numbers in his favor next time.

Of course by that stage most Norf fans may well have accepted that he's little but a mouthpiece who knows how to get his face on the telly when his ability to close deals like Ballarat & Tassie is looked at more closely. Norf seem to be hinging everything on either of those pipe-dreams becoming reality and when they fail to materialize each passing month the pressure will grow on Mugabe & Madoff to pluck a 'white knight' out of their hats to save the club - best of luck with that guys!

In any case, the future for Norf looks as grim as ever and Brayshaw can only coast along on the members' gratefulness for his part in "saving" them from relocating for so long.
I've no doubt that eventually the tough questions will be asked of this 2nd-rate media hack and he will either be forced into more desperate action (changing the constitution to make himself a director for life perhaps?) or one of Norf's other directors will spill the beans on Brayshaw's behind-the-scenes incompetence thus forcing him to step down with his tail between his legs.

Either way bay13 and those of us with a sense of humor are sure be the winners in all of this. :thumbsu:

I noticed that. But am I being paranoid when I wonder why Carlton's debt situation warrants half a dozen pars, 3 pages into the sports section, when North's was worth a front-page mention, a splash all over the front page of the sports section,and a follow-up opinion piece the next day?

He's actually quoted their CEO in the article too. He's learning, albeit slowly.

" a mouthpiece who knows how to get his face on the telly"
"of this 2nd-rate media hack." :thumbsu:
Good descriptions Bosk.

Norf fans don't see through the rose coloured glasses but it would be akin to Geelong voting Billy Brownless as President of the GFC. The only real difference is JB Mugabe's ego is so needy he'd kick his grandma in the teeth for exposure. That's why we laugh Norf.

Good descriptions Bosk.

Norf fans don't see through the rose coloured glasses but it would be akin to Geelong voting Billy Brownless as President of the GFC. The only real difference is JB Mugabe's ego is so needy he'd kick his grandma in the teeth for exposure. That's why we laugh Norf.

Well put Mighty Boosh. :thumbsu:

Given Norf's chronic lack of media exposure I can sympathize with their members voting in someone like Mugabe who's going to get the club in the news for change. Similarly, I'm left to wonder if Brad Scott wasn't hired mainly because he's seen as a fresh face who looks good when he appears in pressers and after the game interviews.

There comes a point though where if it's obvious a bloke isn't capable of doing his job then you turf him out and put someone else in charge, and it seems Norf have missed the boat to do exactly that to Mugabe, who's now tightened his grip over the club as a result.

Brayshaw's failure to close either the Tassie or Ballarat deals should've woken up Norf's members to the fact this shallow, airheaded Eddie clone is too much of a political lightweight to follow through on his promised pipedreams and is only going to lead the club even further down the toilet.

The good news is the longer Brayshaw stays at the helm the faster Norf's demise will be, and of course the greater the laffs for the rest of us. Add "Madoff" Arocca to the mix and you've got a comedy duo sure to keep the rest of us entertained for a long, long.. err short, short time.
Cue the Benny Hill music!! :D

Brayshaw's failure to close either the Tassie or Ballarat deals should've woken up Norf's members to the fact this shallow, airheaded Eddie clone is too much of a political lightweight to follow through on his promised pipedreams and is only going to lead the club even further down the toilet.
Did Eddie ever wear a mankini on TFS?

JB Mugabe easily falls for the "come on James, it'll be hilarious and you'll be really popular" lines from the executives or the "Go on mate, I dare ya" from Lyon and the others. That's his mentality.

I can just imagine him trying to deal with the politicians and convince them he's someone to be taken seriously.

"Dear Mr Premier,

Here is my presentation.

My three greatest achivements in life are:

a) I can play cricket and was a professional athlete
b) I play court jester on a TV footy show that targets bogans and lowest common denominator type humour
c) I am the President of Norf

The above prove I am a competent business man that will wisely spend your millions of dollars to our mutual benefit.

Please give Norf money and we'll play some games here.

Thanks you."

Why does Bosk give a sh't about JB Mugabe?
Is Bosk a real Whorethorn supporter?
I detect a bit of Kenneth in Bosk.

Why does Bosk give a sh't about JB Mugabe?
Is Bosk a real Whorethorn supporter?
I detect a bit of Kenneth in Bosk.

So you're openly calling Brayshaw Mugabe now eh?

Excellent. Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.

So you're openly calling Brayshaw Mugabe now eh?

Excellent. Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.

So what if he is a Mugabe. He is OUR Mugabe. Leave him alone.
Now, you go home and worry about your Gaddafi Kenneth.

Remove this Banner Ad

James 'Mugabe' Brayshaw's Dummy Spit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back