Speculation James Peatling

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt we are going hard after some dealings with the Crows in the past showed they couldn’t be dealt with honestly. Almost up there with Dodo.

Oh and I did say something going back. Not just a blanket future first.

Even your future first back would be Adelaide over paying. That’s not to downgrade Peatling. But top 10 picks which Adelaide will probably have are are worth exponentially more than a pick 15 or your second rounder around pick 30

Ask Melbourne how hard we are to deal with? or Gold Coast? Or Geelong

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I wouldn’t think it’s obvious at all that F2 won’t get it done (or mainly done)

This year that would have been pick 24. It’s definitely around the mark

It would be out to 27 by now and would be in the thirties by the time it gets used.

But nobody would be trading in your future picks expecting Adelaide to finish 15th again. If you finish mid table next year, with all the academy players, compo, etc., that pick will end up mid-thirties or higher. I don't think that's very close, but we shall see.

Yes, we shall see. I will be surprised if you get this one done easily, but I fell off my when I heard Richmond wanted pick 6 for Dan Rioli, so I clearly struggle with valuing trades.

So working though trade value comparison:

You are suggesting an F1 - let’s say that’s pick 10. Which you seem to feel is fair value because Rioli may go for pick 6

Rioli is 27, 3 time premiership player, B&F winner played 182 games

Peatling is 24, 45 games, and fringe 22 if your list is fit - has had a handful of games over 20 disposals.

He is one of those players that as the team owning him you don’t want to lose him, because he has shown some signs (which is why teams are offering him opportunity) but he has no runs on the board from a trade value perspective. The type of player that gets targeted because he is good risk reward - appears to have good upside and will come cheap so worth a throw at the stumps to see if he can break out with more opportunity

So working though trade value comparison:

You are suggesting an F1 - let’s say that’s pick 10. Which you seem to feel is fair value because Rioli may go for pick 6

Rioli is 27, 3 time premiership player, B&F winner played 182 games

Peatling is 24, 45 games, and fringe 22 if your list is fit - has had a handful of games over 20 disposals.

He is one of those players that as the team owning him you don’t want to lose him, because he has shown some signs (which is why teams are offering him opportunity) but he has no runs on the board from a trade value perspective. The type of player that gets targeted because he is good risk reward - appears to have good upside and will come cheap so worth a throw at the stumps to see if he can break out with more opportunity

That isn't what I am saying at all

I'm not suggesting F1 outright for Peatling, you would obviously get change. How much?, was the question I asked earlier.

We all know that Rioli isn't worth pick 6, I don't think his potential trade is useful for a comparison at all.

That isn't what I am saying at all

I'm not suggesting F1 outright for Peatling, you would obviously get change. How much?, was the question I asked earlier.

We all know that Rioli isn't worth pick 6, I don't think his potential trade is useful for a comparison at all.

Suspect if he was FA - Richmond would get pick 2. On similar money to Perryman and a similar long term deal

If we aren't prepare to offer our F2 then definitely F1 is off the table????? I know GWS don't need anymore pick this year but should have given them pick 28 (they could on trade this) and given Melbourne F2 (stuff them).

No finals for 7 years, and a number of sides that missed finals who would expect to make it next year (Collingwood, GC, Essendon, Melbourne).

Will be interesting to see what the teams agree to

If essendon and Melbourne finish above us next season not only should Nicks get sacked, they should boot us out the national comp. Cant be having either of them as better than us now

If essendon and Melbourne finish above us next season not only should Nicks get sacked, they should boot us out the national comp. Cant be having either of them as better than us now

Not saying they should finish above us. But most teams expect to improve each year. Melbourne would hope Oliver and Petracca have better years and they rise up the ladder again. Essendon finally get a quality small forward and would expect to rise

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation James Peatling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back