Speculation James Peatling

Remove this Banner Ad

He hasn't resigned yet. Are other clubs interested in him?
Rookie listed still isn't he? I think it's a wait and see. He can play another 2 years as a rookie with the 5 year change. Probably hoping for a rookie elevation. Will get that if he shops around as he's quite a decent role player. If he wants to go to another club unless GWS is offering him a main list spot he can go for free like Ambrosio did. I feel like he's waiting and seeing if they can squeeze him on the main list but will stay on another year as a rookie.

We should be interested, got a few holes to plug and every time I watch GWS and he's playing, I end up wondering why he gets dropped the following week.

Maybe there's something I'm not seeing?

We should be interested, got a few holes to plug and every time I watch GWS and he's playing, I end up wondering why he gets dropped the following week.

Maybe there's something I'm not seeing?
He sits behind Coniglio, Kelly, Green, Ward and Callaghan from what I've seen. Rightfully behind them all.

If 4 of them are playing then Peatling seems to be the one to cop a vest or being dropped or something

What would he cost? Reckon the Tigers should be interested in someone like Peatling. Whether he's want to move being as he's a western Sydney boy though, who knows.

He hasn't resigned yet. Are other clubs interested in him?
Reportedly, according to Fairfax today, St. Kilda is interested

James Peatling’s purple patch of form in the past month has not gone unnoticed, with St Kilda showing interest in the out-of-contract Greater Western Sydney midfielder.
A new deal at the Giants is not imminent, a well-placed source told this masthead on the condition of anonymity, with unrestricted free agents Harry Perryman, Isaac Cumming and Nick Haynes all drawing rival interest as well.

Reportedly, according to Fairfax today, St. Kilda is interested
We should resign him, has he been delisted before? We need to be mature enough to accept Cumming is leaving, give he and Perryman a deadline to resign, but we don't want this stuff to derail our season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be picked every week at the saints and would be highly valued.

Starting three of Steele, Phillipou and Peatling for 2025 would give the fans something to look forward to in the middle.

Eagles fans would get pretty excited by seeing

Yeo, Ried and Peatling.

Backed up by Kelly, Lalor and Hewett.

Then Hall, Chesser and Long.

Some big boys there.

What is his story, ?
From Toongabbie in Western Sydney, played his junior footy with Kieran Briggs at Pennant Hills. Played NEAFL for us before being taken in the mid-season draft a few years ago. Has played back, forward and mid, which means his versatility makes him an ideal sub which can be seen as a problem for career progression.

I hope we re-sign him soon

Eagles offer is high. Collingwood walked away once they saw our offer by the sounds of things so its between us and GWS.

If it is us I dont know what a trade offer would look like to be honest. Id imagine it would be say Hawthorns pick 30 + 59 for Peatilng + 49 so valuing Peatling at like the pick 35-40 range

Eagles have a big incentive to get away from pick 59 and into a pick below the 50 range for bidding for Malaki Champion so thats why Eagles would want that

Eagles offer is high. Collingwood walked away once they saw our offer by the sounds of things so its between us and GWS.

If it is us I dont know what a trade offer would look like to be honest. Id imagine it would be say Hawthorns pick 30 + 59 for Peatilng + 49 so valuing Peatling at like the pick 35-40 range

Eagles have a big incentive to get away from pick 59 and into a pick below the 50 range for bidding for Malaki Champion so thats why Eagles would want that

It's the Eagles only current advantage.

List spots and cap space.

We should easily be able to outbid GWS.

4 Years averaging $600k. AFL average wage is nearly $500k now. With the cap going up again.

Giants should up their offer seeing as how he's in such demand.
I think theyre still fighting for Perryman and Cumming. Might up it if either commit to another club

Besides, can they offer him regular midfield minutes? Theyve got a few first round picks yet to get games too.
Hes been pushed out every time GWS have their first choice midfield in the side

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation James Peatling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back