Speculation James Peatling

Remove this Banner Ad

He had played his way in.
Should be a future first with something coming back.
We’re talking about the future first of a team that is currently holding Pick 4. The reason he garnered so much interest was because clubs knew they wouldn’t have to pay a premium for him.

His value is an early second, whether GWS find our F2 and pick 45 around that mark is a different matter. Regardless, our F1 is way too off the mark to be involved in this.

Since when does a 3 year offer to a fringe player for most of the season turn into first round pick compensation?

Seems to me GWS fans are greedy because they get handed first rounders every year.
No doubt we are going hard after some dealings with the Crows in the past showed they couldn’t be dealt with honestly. Almost up there with Dodo.

Oh and I did say something going back. Not just a blanket future first.

Hes been a fringe player at GWS. Opportunity would be a big part of his decision to leave.
The interest from so many clubs was entirely because he would be so cheap considering he's only really had opportunity when players are injured, not because he's a great player
He has looked good whenever he has played this year. Top 10 at the club for coaches votes. Tackles and runs hard. It is easy to see why so many clubs were interested. He won't be a star but should be a solid contributor and is entering what should be his peak years. Pick 20 seems about right to me.

No doubt we are going hard after some dealings with the Crows in the past showed they couldn’t be dealt with honestly. Almost up there with Dodo.

Oh and I did say something going back. Not just a blanket future first.
Pretty sure the most recent trade was fair and reasonable.
Why the change of heart?

He has looked good whenever he has played this year. Top 10 at the club for coaches votes. Tackles and runs hard. It is easy to see why so many clubs were interested. He won't be a star but should be a solid contributor and is entering what should be his peak years. Pick 20 seems about right to me.
So.. going by 2024 ladder F2 would be reasonable.

So f2 (assume its a similar spot to this year pick 28) + pick 45 for Peatling and 55 means peatling is valued at pick 23 under the draft pick points calculator. Thanks for coming (and Cumming)

So f2 (assume its a similar spot to this year pick 28) + pick 45 for Peatling and 55 means peatling is valued at pick 23 under the draft pick points calculator. Thanks for coming (and Cumming)

Pick value calculators? Please. I'd be surprised if they do a deal for shrapnel when you have two perfectly good first rounders you could easily downgrade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick value calculators? Please. I'd be surprised if they do a deal for shrapnel when you have two perfectly good first rounders you could easily downgrade.
He is OOC and we have the 4th pick in the PSD. Sure richmond, north or WCE can say they will take him, but its hard when a player makes it known who he will play for....either way, he is out the door at GWS and an F2 when they are stacked full of picks in this draft makes perfect sense

He is OOC and we have the 4th pick in the PSD. Sure richmond, north or WCE can say they will take him, but its hard when a player makes it known who he will play for....either way, he is out the door at GWS and an F2 when they are stacked full of picks in this draft makes perfect sense
And if Peatling is really rated that highly, are GWS really happy to let him go for nothing? Most likely not

Do you really think eight clubs were lining up to give up a likely top 10 pick for Peatling
What are you on about? I said I think he is worth about pick 20 and you guys don't have that currency without eating into one of your first rounders. If you don't want to risk your F1, just downgrade pick 4.

F1 for Peatling and one of those picks makes more sense.

As for the PSD! Cool, walk him there. We'll happily take him if Richmond don't.

What are you on about? I said I think he is worth about pick 20 and you guys don't have that currency without eating into one of your first rounders. If you don't want to risk your F1, just downgrade pick 4.
Downgrading a top 5 pick, or potential top 5 pick, to bring in someone worth an early second is stupid list management. F2 and change is closer to the mark than F1 is

Future pick 10 is worth, say pick 15 this year - don't forget the future pick discount. They give you back pick 37, that works okay, doesn't it.
Lol, what?

You appear very invested in this trade with some rather bizarre views.

F1 for Peatling and one of those picks makes more sense.

As for the PSD! Cool, walk him there. We'll happily take him if Richmond don't.
Won't be a future 1st nor will it come to the PSD.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation James Peatling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back