James Sicily and his development

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for that, very interesting. The club have developed him very well IMO.

He also did a good interview on SEN after he received the rising star nomination. One interesting thing he talked about was how they cope with the good and the bad that flows your way in terms of commentary from the media and social media and such, revealing that he (and presumably all the others) has a group of people that they trust and turn to to ensure they have perspective in such situations which is comprised of family, close friends and club coaches.

You can listen to it hear, just scroll through all the podcasts until you get the the one called "James Sicily on The Run Home".

http://www.sen.com.au/audio#3zi0chhHig5VzFII.97

Did well on Ask a Hawk as well. Wouldn't get sucked into pumping up his own tyres.

Thanks for that, very interesting. The club have developed him very well IMO.

He also did a good interview on SEN after he received the rising star nomination. One interesting thing he talked about was how they cope with the good and the bad that flows your way in terms of commentary from the media and social media and such, revealing that he (and presumably all the others) has a group of people that they trust and turn to to ensure they have perspective in such situations which is comprised of family, close friends and club coaches.

You can listen to it hear, just scroll through all the podcasts until you get the the one called "James Sicily on The Run Home".

http://www.sen.com.au/audio#3zi0chhHig5VzFII.97

There are a couple of interviews with Sicily on the club website, and he comes across as modest, sensible and quietly-spoken.
He was most impressive.

I was very surprised how well he spoke, given all the Box Hill reports that he was a total hothead.

There are a couple of interviews with Sicily on the club website, and he comes across as modest, sensible and quietly-spoken.
He was most impressive.

I was very surprised how well he spoke, given all the Box Hill reports that he was a total hothead.

Most certainly a lads lad, loves a good time and a champion from all reports... Enjoys a night out with the boys, good to see him back getting amongst it with the Melton boys a few weeks back. Super confident kid, has star and elite written all over him.

He was most impressive.

I do think he has matured quite a lot in a short space of time.

It's why Hawthorn have such a good culture, what is inside the four walls of the club matters and family is part of those four walls.

He was most impressive.

Mitchell implied a while back that everyone gets brought straight back to ground if they get ahead of themselves and implied Siss has been on the receiving end of this.

I get the feeling the "modest, sensible and quietly spoken" lad is very different in real life.

Last edited:
Mitchell implied a while back that everyone get brought straight back to ground if they get ahead of themselves and implied Siss has been on the receiving end of this.

I get the feeling the "modest, sensible and quietly spoken" lad is very different in real life.

If only Mitch thorp worked the same way too...

He straight reminds me of Dermie early in his career (before all the show boating). Has the strut but not the flair yet. Mainly he reminds of Derm because he is a VERY strong mark for his size. Hits the packs hard and doesn't shirk the contest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

James Sicily and his development

Remove this Banner Ad

Back