Toast James Sicily - Hawthorn captain 2023 - AA 2023!

Remove this Banner Ad

Great effort today but geez how many times has he mis-kicked or been smothered this season? Either the brain or the body moving a little slower so far this season.
Poor post. Had a fantastic game today and has an average of 82% disposal efficiency for this season. Has been played out of position on larger opposition all year in a team who's midfield has frequently allowed fast and easy access into our defensive 50. "Supporters" who say Sicily is playing poorly, or should not be captain need a spell. He has sacrificed his game for the benefit of the team all year due to our injuries.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Injured, displaced shoulder.

Came back on, and played a significant role in the forward line, when Sammy was throwing the cards around. Not too shabby. Sick is a weapon, on any line. Should he be a mid-fielder??? Like Roughie??1

Great effort today but geez how many times has he mis-kicked or been smothered this season? Either the brain or the body moving a little slower so far this season.
Seems he's waiting for the perfect option more than previously and/or opposition are closing his space down quicker.

Still played a huge game yesterday - was a big improvement on a sub-par run for the last month.
Hopefully the shoulder comes up okay but a couple of games out seems possible.

Sic was probably rightly criticised for some of his early season form. He was losing 1:1s he never would have lost in previous years, playing loose, lazy kicks and turnovers.

Against a fairly potent GWS offense he managed 6 defensive 1:1s and didn’t lose a single one - including a couple where he comfortably outbodied and outpointed Hogan, the leagues 2nd best offensive 1:1 key forward.

Sic' defensive loss rate crept as high as 50% early in the season. Back down to 27% now. When he's on, he's the leagues best defender.

The Prince is back!

33 disposals
28 kicks
881 metres gained
15 marks
1 clearance
97% time on ground.

Absolutely superb captains game on a huge stage. He sliced them apart today.
When Sic is on there are few in the league that can match him pound for pound.

Sometimes with players as talented as James we can get a little blase about what he does but I think we should take a moment to recognize just how good this guy is. Absolute superstar :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has flipped his season right around.
I heard him speak about a catch up he had with Joel Duckwood re his leadership.
I truly feel like his season flipped when he was forced forward with his busted wing and kicked the sealer. It almost ignited him.
I’d questioned him a lot. His lack of discipline. His lack leadership.
My hands up…I was wrong.. the bloke has been superb the past 2 months.

Any chance we nurse el capitane through this week and give him a spell for the next few after?

This week is such a must win. Pies we can afford to drop and Freo and Crows we should be able to beat without him.
It all depends on how he pulls up over the next couple of days. The club did say that if it wasn't a blow out then he could've / would've come back on but played it safe.

Did they say it popped out ?
don’t know what they said but seemed like a textbook dislocation from my couch.

i reckon they will try to really nurse him - miss a few now, then still not play every game. Only goal is to have him available for finals if we make them and to help a little bit along the way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast James Sicily - Hawthorn captain 2023 - AA 2023!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back