Toast James Sicily - Hawthorn captain 2023 - AA 2023!

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh Captain, my captain... Important in the second half... Was getting frustrated with their continued intercepts, but his presence seemed to keep them more honest... Cal and Mabs still did have their moments, but thought Sic shift was crucial... Haven't looked at game day thread or autopsy, so apologies if already referenced... Very enjoyable win watching with my Bro and old man in Perth.. Love the club and our Captain!!

Crazy to think that even with a dislocated shoulder we don't win today without The Blonde Prince.

Just shows the insane levels of talent and grit our Captain possesses.

Everyone knows that he is a superb mark, an unequalled kick of the ball and a great reader of the play.

But he is one tough bastard too! Deserves all the plaudits for that captain's innings.

Pretty much everyone I've seen talk about Sic going forward is crediting Sam for it, if you watch Day's interview on the Sunday Footy Show it was actually Sic who (once again) suggested he go forward. Love to see the faith in the players and the ability from Sic to take responsibility.

Sicilys gameplay and toughness to deal with the shoulder in game, been a genuine rock no matter the position his in, thought he had a slow start to the year but as we rose he got better. Barely shows a grimace

His elevating his captaincy across this year, pretty special to see. It’s amazing how sure our defence looks with Sicily in, even if he goes forward.

Hands down Sicily is top 5-6 player in the comp. Smart, tough, skilfull. Need someone like battle to prolong his career. Any slight concern with injury? Have a few weeks off as battle and scrim can help carry the load. Battle is a must!

Sis’s 150th game against the crows next weekend.

Went from 'what do we do with him' while he was making his way at Box Hill, to 'what would we do without him' as our most talented player.

One of great rises we've seen at the Hawks in modern times.

Is a template for what we've become.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to admit, I didn't reckon Sis would make it into the final team. But what an effort to even have his name on the AA list this year!

He's been playing with a bung shoulder for half the season and hasn't flown for his marks with the same alacrity, but he's been pivotal for the team. His kicking and reading of the play is the best in the league, bar none.

Congrats Sic and thanks for the courage and perseverence you've shown this year. Let's keep it rolling!

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast James Sicily - Hawthorn captain 2023 - AA 2023!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back